PDA

View Full Version : Ok, just gonna do this once, I promise.....

trojandad
09-11-2003, 11:09 AM
I really enjoy this board, have worked to get it advertised, in programs, etc. But I make a good living giving advice to companies and so I wanted to see if anyone agreed with me.

I know Matthew is as busy as a one armed wallpaper hanger and I know refreshing the district boards is tough with all he has going, but I just wanted to say I miss the boards on each region and district, with the picks, commentaries and percentages renewed each week. In fact, I enjoyed those boards for a year before I ever started chatting on the chat portion.

Free advice is worth what you pay for it, Matt, but I didn't want the season to go far without at least giving my 2 cents to the best football board on the net. But I believe you'll lose the professional look you had for so long by not renewing the boards each week as you have in the past. I know it's what attracted me here. (maybe all the reason to NOT renew, huh? Would keep my type away, LOL)

Anyway, carry on and thanks for letting me digress (geez I hated my professors that used that word).

RBARKER
09-11-2003, 12:12 PM
I agree Trojan dad I miss those features also. It gave a person the ability to review all districts with out having to post a question every time. I also know that Matt is busy and glad he puts in the time that he does.

Compudyne
09-11-2003, 12:38 PM
I tried to post 20AAA records but I did not like the way it looked.

<small>[ September 11, 2003, 12:40 PM: Message edited by: Compudyne ]</small>

trojandad
09-12-2003, 12:14 AM
I did the same without much luck. Matt's format was fun to read without much personal input overwhelming it. Guess that's kinda hard to replicate by giving it over to someone else to do.

Oh well, he let it slip to third page, so I guess it's a done deal. Onward and upward.

SintonFan
09-12-2003, 08:32 AM
Considering the traffic generated by this board, I wonder if banners(aghast) or something could generate a little income to pay for a part time worker to update the district pages. I could be showing my ignorance on the matter, but WTH. I agree with you trojandad. I first came here for records on opponents. I stayed because of the nicely done games of the week, polls and such. Then I took up residence because of the message board. But, in their defense, these 3ADL people are in college and that takes alot of time. I appreciate their committment to this site, it shows alot of character and their great passion for HS football. Most of us don't understand the actual sacrifice made to administrate this board. And all the while having the responsibilities of a pre-graduate? It's got to be daunting...

Compudyne
09-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Here are the standings for 20AAA. Jasper won by forfeit but I am posting their scores as they really happened.
The numbers are in this order, Wins, Losses, Points For, Points Against.

Kirbyville 2-0-36-21
Woodville 2-0-55-39
Jasper 2-0-45-52 PNG forfeited at 38-18 win
Newton 1-0-42-0
Diboll 1-0-17-13
Huntington 0-2-13-72

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 08:49 AM: Message edited by: Compudyne ]</small>

trojandad
09-12-2003, 09:18 AM
Well, I know that advertising banners are tough to generate much off of these days, but there are TONS of youth programs thru the feds that pay a lot of grant money for advertising, and Lord knows that this is an advertising means. A non profit project I'm involved with is taking fishing to kids that are in full time hospital care, so I've seen these dollars and there are more than I even thought were there.

Everything from anti cigarette use to environmental education dollars are sitting there with no expectations as to keeping data on # of hits and the like that advertising banners would require.

I respect the fact that Matthew is wanting to keep the integrity of the board by not giving sections out to people that would likely pick, say, Coldspring to beat Everman (that was a joke guys, even I laughed). But you've seen that you have a lot of successful businessmen on the board that enjoy the setup, Matt, and some that feel you might be making a bad long term business decision sacrificing the regional and district boards for lack of time, and we both know that funds buy a lot of time. Maybe this is a place that you guys CAN defer to someone else.

<small>[ September 12, 2003, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>