PDA

View Full Version : Sealy/Navasota

punt
10-23-2002, 12:06 PM
Can Sealy contain Navasota's speed? This game could have a big affect on who goes D1 from district 23. Sealy was lucky to get away with a win last week against Hempstead, couldn't stop the long run. What do you think will happen?

hotstuff
10-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Sealy should take this by a narrow margin (+7), but the big game will be Columbus vs. Navasota for third.

Pudlugger
10-23-2002, 04:17 PM
hotstuff:
Sealy should take this by a narrow margin (+7), but the big game will be Columbus vs. Navasota for third.It will be close but Sealy will win. It is tough to win in Navasota.

IBRINGTHEHAT
10-23-2002, 06:08 PM
I also have to go with sealy on this one. Navasota caught Hempsteqd on a down night when they were not at all ready to play. When Hempstead is ready, they can stick with any team in the district, its just a matter of having intensity. As to containing Navasota's speed Sealy has no 10 and no 7 both of whom are some of the quickest players in the district. Columbus vs. Navasota and Bellville vs. Sealy are going to both be big games.

johnhenryfaulk
10-23-2002, 06:17 PM
who does Navasota have left on their schedule?

75isaHaus
10-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Sealy doesn't have enough depth to compete with Bellville....all they can do is run.

Bellville22
10-25-2002, 11:22 AM
Sealy/Navasota should be a pretty good game. Talent-wise, Sealy has the upper edge. They have better backs and an overall better team, even if it is one-dimensional. But Navasota is pretty solid. Last week in Bellville they scored once and moved the ball inside the 10 on us twice (neither resulting in a score). They've got a pretty big, decent back and a QB who I think is better than he showed in Bellville. Throw in the fact that they'll be playing in a sloppy, drenched "Snakepit" in Navasota and anything can happen. For some reason they say its a tough place to play, the elements may make it extra tough tonight. Ball control, field position, and not fumbling a wet, muddy football will decide this one. I got Sealy having problems kicking PATs in this one but winning 12-8.