PDA

View Full Version : Turn of tides in Everman game

Burnet-05
12-21-2002, 12:43 AM
Everman had the injury. And, in agreement with 29x281, Burnet lost several key players. This is NOT a 'what if' post. Everman played exeptionally well, and if none of the above wouldve happened, its very possible that they would still have won, but the score wouldve been a lot closer. So to all you Burnet-haters...f u

Merry Christmas to everyone else

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: Burnet-05 ]</small>

Old Dog
12-21-2002, 01:50 AM
This is the kind of "what iffing" that makes us look bad. Whether true or not, it should be left unsaid. What with all of the folks in Burnet pulling so hard for Corey, we had gotten ourselves past all of the trash talk that preceded the game......PLEASE don't start than up again!

<small>[ December 21, 2002, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

spaniard
12-21-2002, 01:54 AM
old dog, i was going to say something, but i didnt know just how to say it nicely or tactfully, but thank you.

Jacket2000
12-21-2002, 01:55 AM
Wrong, Everman was the better team. That's why they won. I really couldnt care less what the players from the losing team say(consider the source). 35-14 was no accident, it was a whippin', and it coulda been much worse.
J2K

Old Dog
12-21-2002, 02:39 AM
Yes Jacket2000....even if a train (or Everman Bulldog)runs over some people, they just can't see the real picture. I love my Burnet Dogs, but we just plain got beat. And I am tired of having dirt heaped on us by our own folks. We need to move on.

<small>[ December 21, 2002, 01:46 AM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

Jacket2000
12-21-2002, 03:16 AM
Old Dog, you are a credit to the town of Burnet.A sign of a true champion is being gracefull in victory and defeat. Glad to have ya on the Down Low. Just wish the rest of the Burnet posters weee about half as mature.
J2K

Rabbit'93
12-21-2002, 11:17 AM
Hmmm Forney was up at the half on Everman they came out and put a whuppin' on us in the 2nd half. No injury to motivate them, no call from the heavens, they just came out with the determination to go to the finals. Now you come out and say that Burnet is the better team. If your the better team then you'd be State Champs right now.

The injury aside, you don't get 35 points hung on your D, and say it was pure heart. Sure every kid that steps on the field has heart, but talent, skill, motivation, execution, and being prepared has alot to do with it.

And for you to come on here and say that Burnet was the better team, in light of events that took place, deminishes everything that your community is doing right now for Corey.

There has been no better show of respect and class than that from the folks of Burnet TX. Your post is the FIRST negative thing I've read on any board regarding that game. Most intelligent people (many in your town) realize that there is something more important going on right now and that is a 17 yr old KID's life has just changed to a degree that you and I could never imagine.

Sorry I know I began to ramble.

29x281
12-21-2002, 06:46 PM
I think we all know by now that we shouldn't take any poster too seriously when they have an 03, 04, 05, etc. in their handle. They're still pups.

Much more of a factor were injuries to several key Burnet players. To their credit, they've never griped about those injuries. Had they been 100%, I do think the game would have been closer. Everman was certainly the better team last Saturday, and they're a very deserving champion.

Bulldog Fan
12-22-2002, 12:09 AM
Burnet-05:
Well, I know every single offensive linemen and every linebacker on our team, and they have all agreed on one thing-if Everman hadn't had that injury, Burnet would now be state champs. After the injury, Everman was a whole new ball team. The simple fact is, Burnet IS a better team, but Everman's hearts were the winners, and when attitudes changed, so did the odds. Congradulations to Everman, and best of luck to the :) injured player :) .I don't think it is a simple fact at all. As a matter of fact, it is no fact. Come on, quit whining! So what if every Burnet player agrees that they are better, it doesn't make it so. Just for fun, we all from Jasper KNOW that if Jorrie Adams had been on defense you guys from Burnet would not have had a chance. We KNOW that we were the better team. How does that sound to you? That's how you sound to everyone else. Get over it!!!

eagles_11
12-22-2002, 12:48 AM
that is better left unsaid that injury is more important then a simple football game that was an immature and just wrong statment a kids life was ruined for ever and u come up and say that but to the town of burnet nothing but love u people r really classy and awesome

SintonFan
12-22-2002, 01:32 AM
Rabbit'93:
Hmmm Forney was up at the half on Everman they came out and put a whuppin' on us in the 2nd half. No injury to motivate them, no call from the heavens, they just came out with the determination to go to the finals. Now you come out and say that Burnet is the better team. If your the better team then you'd be State Champs right now.

The injury aside, you don't get 35 points hung on your D, and say it was pure heart. Sure every kid that steps on the field has heart, but talent, skill, motivation, execution, and being prepared has alot to do with it.

And for you to come on here and say that Burnet was the better team, in light of events that took place, deminishes everything that your community is doing right now for Corey.

There has been no better show of respect and class than that from the folks of Burnet TX. Your post is the FIRST negative thing I've read on any board regarding that game. Most intelligent people (many in your town) realize that there is something more important going on right now and that is a 17 yr old KID's life has just changed to a degree that you and I could never imagine.

Sorry I know I began to ramble.You weren't rambling...
It was just getting good.
Rabbit'93= http://images.bravenet.com/brpics/smilie/25_coolguy.gif

I apologize to Burnet people, but this post was in poor taste. It won't hinder my view on Burnet.

Burnet Dawg06
12-22-2002, 02:10 PM
My OPINION (and I am sure it is a lot of other people's opinion) is that Burnet is the best team but the FACT is that Everman is the best team, injured players or no injured players. I'm sure like someone else said that if nobody was injured from either team, it would have been a closer game. Well congrats Everman! Hope to see ya in the playoffs next year!

Ladykat5
12-22-2002, 09:36 PM
Alright I havent jumped in and said anything in awhile but I have been busy but the whole deal with Burnet being the better team...your gonna have to check again. Even if Corey hadent of gotten injured MY opinion is Everman still would have played a tough game. Those boys are excellent athletes with a lot of heart. Yes Corey getting injured helped their aggressiveness but thats because they wanted to win a state championship for him. To sum it up Everman would have probably won either way. Good luck to all teams next year...lets tie up those b-ball shoes!

Jimbotex40
12-22-2002, 11:25 PM
to whoever said that anyone with 03, 04, or 05 in their name should be ignored:

you need to read the post from the 06 person.
high schoolers can give retarded posts, such as the one who started this topic, but the 06 person showed a lot of class

Burnet-05
12-23-2002, 12:18 AM
Thanks for criticising and not talking sh.t...i appreciate it...and you don't have to tell me that I'm and idiot that has no clue that knows what their talking about

spaniard
12-23-2002, 12:44 AM
Burnet-05:
Thanks for criticising and not talking sh.t...i appreciate it...and you don't have to tell me that I'm and idiot that has no clue that knows what their talking aboutwell,as an old wise man like sinton66 or pphsfan has said before,
"it is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

Burnet-05
12-23-2002, 08:36 PM
Jimbotex40...just wanted to say that you really should find something better to do than criticise people who know more than you...ive read alot of your posts and you have nothing to say to anybody mr. in no way is forney not the second best 3A team...cause sorry to say it, but burnet is #2

burnetbulldog123
12-23-2002, 09:05 PM
Burnet did a wounderful job playing agianst Everman! i understand when a player gets hurt as bad as that one boy did!it hurts both of the teams! Patrick felt so bad about it and thats why we didnt do very good in the rest of the game! i really belive that if he (everman player)didnt get hurt, we would have had a really good game!so why doent every one just leave it alone for now until next year!
thanks,
shauna

Goob
12-23-2002, 11:41 PM
Burnet-05:
Everman had the injury. And, in agreement with 29x281, Burnet lost several key players. This is NOT a 'what if' post. Everman played exeptionally well, and if none of the above wouldve happened, its very possible that they would still have won, but the score wouldve been a lot closer. So to all you Burnet-haters...f u

Merry Christmas to everyone else

Goob
12-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Ok, I've read every single reply to this post and here is my response.
Everman was the better team every nite of the week they played with the exception of the Kennedale game. Since everyone is playing the "WHAT IF" game, I'll chip in my part.
If Everman and Kennedale play 10 times Everman gets 9 wins out of it.
If they play Forney they get 8 to nine wins.
Burnet they get 9 wins.
The fact is that Everman is the State Champ and nothing anyone says will change that fact. Now since I've said my piece I have only one more thing to say.
GET OVER IT 05!!!! Ya'll got whupped by a better team. And your whole community should be ashamed of you after all the classy remarks made by the other Burnet posters regarding the game and Corey. :D :rolleyes: eek!

<small>[ December 23, 2002, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Goob ]</small>

Ladykat5
12-25-2002, 05:17 PM
Oh I have to give it to both teams....your both great! But hey dont complain even making it to the state championship is great...keep your heads held high. There is always next year.

Everman01Grad.
12-26-2002, 03:30 AM
Well i see it this way, good job to both teams and to the burnet fans, i praise u for all ur careing for corey. We need more people like u guys and another i was very very impressed with the way the town backs the football team.In my eyes, everyone including the fans at that game left that stadium a champion. Now Burnet for ur fans that make u look bad on here, dont worry people Here in Everman will forever know what kind of people hold that town together and i respect u guys. As for the game, We were just the better team but i tip my hat off to u guys so keep working hard football players and just maybe we might run into eachoter again some day. For now Burnet, Everman and everyone Merry Christmas and God Bless to all.

Old Cardinal
12-26-2002, 01:47 PM
I just want to say that I was all wrong about the Burnet fans. At the beginning of the year, a number of adults really agitated a lot, but you have cleaned up your act and are a most responsible group of people. Everman and been a class act also in my opinion. I have always held Forney in the most highest esteem; however in reading back over the many different post trying to deminish out finalist Burnets' joy, at this point I will no longer be pulling for Forney, as I have in the past.

burnetbulldog123
12-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Shut the hell up!

J.C.H. '03

29x281:
I think we all know by now that we shouldn't take any poster too seriously when they have an 03, 04, 05, etc. in their handle. They're still pups.

Much more of a factor were injuries to several key Burnet players. To their credit, they've never griped about those injuries. Had they been 100%, I do think the game would have been closer. Everman was certainly the better team last Saturday, and they're a very deserving champion.

spaniard
12-26-2002, 06:07 PM
burnetbulldog123:
Shut the hell up!

J.C.H. '03

29x281:

Much more of a factor were injuries to several key Burnet players. To their credit, they've never griped about those injuries. Had they been 100%, I do think the game would have been closer. Everman was certainly the better team last Saturday, and they're a very deserving champion.which further proves the immaturity of some of the still in high school children. they are all so much tougher and wiser in their old age, and worldly experience. thank you 123 for proving 29x281's point.

<small>[ December 26, 2002, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

jchsrs03
12-26-2002, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by spaniard:
[QB][QUOTE]Originally posted by burnetbulldog123:
[qb]Shut the hell up!

J.C.H. '03

I'm just messing with him. I know who 29X281 is.Do you think I would help him prove his point?No I think not.

J.C.H '03 (burnetbulldog123)

Goob
12-26-2002, 09:20 PM
OMG, I havn't seen such immaturity since I wuz in the 2nd grade. :( eek! :mad: