PDA

View Full Version : Lamesa lose against Seminole & Referees

tors2002
10-19-2002, 01:09 PM
I sure hate to do the blaming a game on the referees but it sure happened. Lamesa had Seminole on the 1 foot line. It was supposed to be a 3 and about 20. Instead the referees moved the ball to the 5 yrd line after 2nd down and made it 3rd and 15. Seminole gained about 13 of that back on the 2nd of two 3rd downs. They then went for it on 5th down but was marked as 4th down and got the 1st down. They then kept the ball with about 2 minutes to go and eventually scored with 37 seconds left in the game to go win 12-7. Lamesa played a heck of a game with 8 injured starters. It has been a very bad injury season but the kids who played last night played with all their hearts and desrved the win and not getting ripped off. The Lamesa Coaches were telling the referees about the mistake but they were not listening. I would have to say it was by far the worst over all officiating game I have ever seen.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2002, 09:41 PM
I know how you feel tors.........fortunately for us it wasn't a deciding factor in the win. Our stats showed Greenwood with 12 penalties for 145 yards and Kermit with 4 for 35 yards. On the game film today, we watched our kids getting kicked in the back after tackles, one of those was blatanly done right in front of a ref - no penalty!!
One of our players was trying to pump everyone up and said, "on this drive we are gonna move it down the field and SCORE - according to some boys that were right there, a ref looked at him at said - "Wanna bet?" Guess what?? We didn't score - that possession!! TeeHee

tors2002
10-20-2002, 09:19 AM
I really hate it for the kids because you feel so helpless. Once a ref makes a decision, then he/she can control a game. That is why I quit refereeing bassketball games. I heard it too much in the locker rooms before the games with the other refs. They would bad mouth the coach of a team or player that had a bad attitude. It is not fair to punish the best team and their hard effort in preparation for the game.

Ranger Mom
10-20-2002, 10:00 AM
You are right!!
You couldn't pay me enough to ref anything!! I got conned into reffing a T-Ball game one year. I thought I was gonna get my butt kicked by some parents!!

Ck your pm's

Da Mules
10-20-2002, 01:47 PM
It will get to the point where nobody wants to referee any game, at any level. You all saw the riot at the Pop Warner football game that has been on TV this week. Tors, that is really awful that the game outcome pivoted on a mistake by the officials. I wasn't there of course, but surely the 5th down was an honest mistake! I can't believe anybody would be low down dirty enough to help throw a high school football game

tors2002
10-20-2002, 07:36 PM
If you saw the Cowboys game then you saw a blatant flag on a punt return. The side judge had called the Cowboys Receiver/Cover man earlier in the game for holding. In the 4th, the same judge threw a flag before contact was even made with the cardinals player for the same thing. I think it is just a crying shame that an official tries to control the game and somewhat determines the outcome.

The officials at the Seminole game would not even listen to the Lamesa Coaches as they were trying to tell them what had happened. I think that some officials let their ego override common sense and have that "I'll show you" or " I'm not listneing" attitude. It is just not right but I don't think their is anything you can do about it.