PDA

View Full Version : puglugger

bd62
11-30-2002, 09:50 AM
good luck to you guys today. should be a great game.that playoffs experience you guys have should come in handy.i personally know the boothe kid and he is a great kid. no quit in that young man.i would think that is a typical attitude on the team.

Pudlugger
11-30-2002, 10:11 AM
BD62, thanks for the gracious words. If you read my recent posts above this you will notice how I respect the Yoakum fans. When my wife and I went to the Yoakum stadium everyone we spoke to from Yoakum were hospitable and helpful, even the kids. Of course we got pounded pretty good by ya'll on the field, but ya'll are real good sports win or lose. You can't say that about some teams unfortunately.
You are right about Greg Boothe, #14. He is a great kid on and off the field. He has a tremendous work ethic, out pulling tires and sleds on the field all summer to get the strength he displays now running over linebackers and safeties! We have many guys like him on this team who work hard, do their jobs and provide leadership by example to the younger players. This team really doesn't have an individual superstar, just a great bunch of dedicated and disciplined players. We are very proud of them, as this was not supposed to be a very successful year for the Leps after 25 seniors graduated in 2002. Tonight will be the biggest test of the team thus far and most folks have Marlin favored. However you know that the game still has to be played and the Leps will be ready. :) :)