PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Qtr-Final Picks and Thoughts

Matthew328
02-23-2003, 07:31 PM
Edna (18-10) vs South SA West (23-6)
Both teams have made huge strides in their programs by advancing this far...I like the Cowboys from Edna and their athleticism in this one...Matt's pick: EDNA

CC West Oso (18-14) vs Aransas Pass (26-7)
West Oso and thier delibrate style has gotten them this far...but Aransas Pass is too big and too strong..AP rolls..Matt's pick: ARANSAS PASS

Gonzales (20-11) vs Wimberley (31-3)
Gonzales' record is deceiving, they may have played the toughest schedule in Region 4..Wimberely however may be the best team in Region 4..the Texans and their lights out shooting roll on..Matt's pick: WIMBERLEY

San Diego (21-10) vs Carrizo Springs (18-11)
The Vaqueros won a thriller over Sinton in double OT last week..do they have enough to get past Carrizo?? I think so..San Diego rolls on to Kingsville..Matt's pick: SAN DIEGO

Phil C
02-24-2003, 09:48 AM
Probably good picks Matthew. I don't know anything about Carrizo Springs but San Diego is very good and well coached. They have very supportive fans too. They don't have any talls boys according to their roster but they are very quick and fast and give 110% and they can really kill you with their three pointers which helps open it up for lay ups underneath the basket. If they had one tall boy at center they would be a strong state contender and if they had two then the state championship would be theirs. If they play Aransas Pass later I think AP will beat them if AP plays at their best. If not a potential upset could occur.