PDA

View Full Version : CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT YEAR FORNEY

olddawggreen
11-29-2003, 09:35 AM
I just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great year. Ive been following your team pretty close all year and have been predicting that if Burnet made it to the final, that Forney would be the team to beat. You have definatly had a great year. Sorry it didnt work out for you this year. Other than hearing how good Gainsville is, I really havent been following them, guess I had better get busy. If they beat you guys, they are definatly the real thing. I saw your coaches at our game yesterday, man they definatly had the longest drive if all of us. I hope they had some good sea food to make the trip worth while. Any way, Congrats, and best wishes for next year.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

Rabbit'93
11-29-2003, 11:19 AM
Thank you for your kind words. I don't know what it is but we always seem to find a way to "fumble" our chances. Always a bridesmaid never a bride. I thought we had a great chance of getting to the finals this year.

Continued luck to Burnet

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Rabbit'93 ]</small>

cajun1
11-29-2003, 11:36 AM
Hey Rabbit,

I guess I should of stayed at work it seemed to go down hill after I got in my truck then I lose the radio station at Wills Point so I had to wait until this morning for the news.
I can't beleive it I just knew yall had this one.
Well it was a good run while it lasted and they need to keep their heads up because they are by far a great team.
Good Luck and maybe we will run into each other 1 of these days.
All I am doing now is waiting for my boy to go off to college, hoping for a scholarship for him.
Until next time good luck.

Rabbit'93
11-29-2003, 11:45 AM
Cajun Which position did your son play?

cajun1
11-29-2003, 12:36 PM
QB,kicker, extra point kicker, punter.
He didn't get to play DB this year because they didn't have a back up.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: cajun1 ]</small>

cajun1
11-29-2003, 12:44 PM
We are hoping for a scholarship, he is kanda down right now because he lead east texas in passing stat's and the top passer in district and they gave the MVP to the Van QB that had half the stat's for district.
I told him not let it bother him but, I can see it is. I think it's due to Politic's...
Did you have a boy playing at Forney?

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: cajun1 ]</small>

Rabbit'93
11-29-2003, 01:11 PM
I feel for him. Tell him keep his head up. He had a terrific year. Are his coaches helping him out by sending tapes and making phone calls.

My oldest is only a kindergartner. By the time he gets to play Varsity ball Forney will probably be 5A. wink

cajun1
11-29-2003, 01:22 PM
Hey I understand but, I am sure Forney will still be great. I hope that the coaches are trying to get something for my son.
It sure is going to be hard not being involved with high school football but, time moves on and that means I will have two boys in college and trying to see both of them...
I want to wish you and your future football player good luck there at th jack rabbit land.
I go over there just about every week to my friends...

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: cajun1 ]</small>

cajun1
11-29-2003, 01:33 PM
Am thinking about running for the school board, alot of people have been calling me and want me to run.
I just don't know if I want to now that both of my boys will be in college.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: cajun1 ]</small>

3afan
11-29-2003, 01:45 PM
cajun1 - get your hands on some tapes ... entire games, not just highlights ... and send them to the schools you think that are appropriate, where you think your son could play. dont rely on the coaches. and the stats? they're mostly meaningless now ... college coaches react to what they SEE, not what they READ. good luck .....

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: 3afan ]</small>

cajun1
11-29-2003, 01:53 PM
Thanks 3afan,

I am in the process of putting some together and getting his ACT test done, I know we are late getting this done. I just would like to see or hear from some college that is intrested in him.
We get lots of letters asking him to come there but, no scholarships being talked.
I hope we hear something after the holidays...
I have enjoyed talking to yall on 3a down low...
I know we gig at each other during football but, that is what friends can do and smile and keep going and not get mad at each other.
I wish all a wonder holiday season:)

J-RABBITS
11-29-2003, 02:17 PM
quick question, what is forney going to be like next year?...because from what i heard and saw, that whole team was just about seniors and that has never been the case the last 4 yrs...i mean last year most the team was juniors...i mean i think the whole offense is just about gone...well the starters that is...same as on the defense...well someone give me some info...

3afan2K3
11-29-2003, 03:20 PM
J-RABBITS:
quick question, what is forney going to be like next year?...because from what i heard and saw, that whole team was just about seniors and that has never been the case the last 4 yrs...i mean last year most the team was juniors...i mean i think the whole offense is just about gone...well the starters that is...same as on the defense...well someone give me some info...they return willie erwin, even though he is only 5'6''and weighs 145 lbs. He is superfast and might be a WR next year but this year he was just defense and special teams. Casey Wilson will most likely be our QB next year, he was backup to Caleb Hanie and played defense last night against gaunsville. Kelly Flannery plays WR/DB but I dont know much about him. Also alot of the lineman are coming back, and I'm sure we will have some good JV players coming in like we did last year getting Baylen Laury and a bunch of other players.

<small>[ November 29, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

J-RABBITS
11-29-2003, 03:53 PM
do you think next year's team will be anything like the last 3 teams we have had?

3afan
11-29-2003, 03:56 PM
so hard to say - not alot of folks thought forney would have anything after blanton left ... but good PROGRAMS produce good teams year after year, and forney has proven they have one of the best 3A programs

cajun1
11-29-2003, 04:25 PM
You will have a good team again next year I bet, because yall have built a winning program.
I just hope that yall don't grow to fast in population that it hurts yall.