PDA

View Full Version : Bandera's enrollment

Crow22
11-05-2003, 11:59 AM
I heard yesterday that Bandera turned in over 930 for their enrollment. That would most likely put them in 4A. Wow, their stadium is small for most 1A's. Imagine having Fredricksburg, Boerne, Kerrville Tivy, and all the other SA area 4A's having to bring their crowds there.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Sounds like bad news for Bandera if they move up to 4A. They will be playing all the teams that they played before, but at a different level, which means a different type of competition. This year was a rebuilding year for them, but if they move up to 4A, next year will be an adjusting year for the Bulldogs. Not that I have anything against Bandera, but they need to do something about the condition of their field/stadium. They definitely will not be able to accomodate other 4A schools at their stadium for games. I know that they passed a bond not too long ago for improvements in the school district but I don't think they are doing any kind of improvements to the field. I could be wrong, but last I heard Bandera wasn't getting any improvements/additions any time soon. But if 4A is in the future...something needs to be done.

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 01:14 PM
So glad you are so concerned about us. What is this, "same song...second verse"??? We did pass a bond, a new stadium is going to be built. Come to our schools and see all the construction happenening in each campus. Thanks for your concern, but you can sleep at night now... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...oh yeah...you are wrong.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Crow22
11-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Hey YA YA,

No offense intended what-so-ever. Simply heard it yesterday from someone who should know. Odds are if ya'll do go 4A, we'd be in the same district. Just wondering if ya'll had decided to do something about the worst 3A facility in the Western Hemisphere.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 02:18 PM
Ok Ya Ya you can put your claws back in, I was not trying to start a fight, so don't go getting your panties all in a bunch. And if you read my response you will see where I said "last I heard..." I do not live in or anywhere near Bandera, so I would not know of the construction currently going on, so sorry if I don't keep up with what's going on in Bandera! I did not bash Bandera in anyway shape or form, I simply made a statement, which is true by the way, about the condition/size of Bandera's stadium.

....oh yeah....I have been sleeping just fine thanks! :rolleyes:

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 02:26 PM
Bandera Ya Ya I have seen no construction plans on the Bandera I.S.D. website, so where is this "new" stadium going to go?

bulldogvet85
11-05-2003, 02:29 PM
WHOA!!!!! Ya Ya whats this hostility all about?
she said she wasnt sure. I didnt even know. havent been out there for like a year and when i was it wasnt to good. We dont need no dog fight or in yalls case cat fights.

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: bulldogvet85 ]</small>

therealbulldogs
11-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Alright here's the deal. Bandera is building a new stadium and it's going to be where the present practice field is at. It will seat 3000 people but everyone will be on the same side. I know it's stupid but hey, that's Bandera for you. They really are trying to improve the facilities but like one of my old coaches said the other day, they will probably run out of money pretty soon.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 03:13 PM
Well I don't know about the practice field to be the new location, but the best place for a new stadium would be the race track. Oh well "that's Bandera for you". :D

therealbulldogs
11-05-2003, 03:19 PM
As far as 930 for Bandera's enrollment, I think that that's pretty close. In early September they had 885 and they have been growing since then. They even announce the current enrollment everyday during announcements.

therealbulldogs
11-05-2003, 03:20 PM
That's just it, Bandera ISD sold the race track.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 03:23 PM
realbulldog, why exactly did they sell it back? What was the reason behind it?

therealbulldogs
11-05-2003, 03:26 PM
They wouldn't approve a bond to do anything with it. Anytime they would come up with any plans for it they would just get shot down in the bond election. I'm just glad I have already graduated.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 03:33 PM
Bandera had the perfect location to build a nice stadium at the race track. Selling is was a big mistake for them, but oh well that's their loss. I guess a stadium at the practice field is better than nothing though. It will definitely be better than what they have right now, especially if they do go to 4A.

BulldogGrl64
11-05-2003, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the info realbulldog, at least you were able to give me the info without trying to bite my head off.

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 05:59 PM
SORRY, BUT I AM SICK TO DEATH OF THE SNOBBY, EXTREMELY RUDE REMARKS ON HERE ABOUT OUR STADIUM...I HAVE AGREED THAT WE NEED A NEW ONE......A NEW ONE IS IN THE WORKS....I DON'T KNOW WHY IT ISN'T ON THE WEB SITE, BUT SINCE YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT BISD, GIVE DR. SCHULTZ A CALL AND YOU CAN DISCUSS IT AT LENGTH WITH HER. :D

BANDERA BULLDOGS..2002 3A STATE CHAMPIONS!!(even with the worst 3A facility in the Western Hemisphere!)

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Crow22:
Hey YA YA,

No offense intended what-so-ever. Simply heard it yesterday from someone who should know. Odds are if ya'll do go 4A, we'd be in the same district. Just wondering if ya'll had decided to do something about the worst 3A facility in the Western Hemisphere.Well, of course, no offense taken....I mean, what kind of offense could be taken from THAT remark??
eek! eek! eek!

BigChamp05
11-05-2003, 06:06 PM
A good stadium doesn't make the team. I just don't see why people, besides Bandera fans, are worried about this. Its irritating, because we've been dealing withthis for the past 4 or 5 years. I'm with ya ya. Back off.

BANDERA BULLDOGS..2002 3A STATE CHAMPIONS!!(even with the worst 3A facility in the Western Hemisphere!)

sharpie
11-05-2003, 06:10 PM
who cares about Football fields? It is all about the team that plays on that field! That is what made Bandera's State Championship so special. There were no standouts, just a retiring coach and alot of kids from a small town with heart! The loss of seniors at Key postions and a new coach will hurt any team

BigChamp05
11-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Who are you Sharpie?

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 06:24 PM
BigChamp05:
A good stadium doesn't make the team. I just don't see why people, besides Bandera fans, are worried about this. Its irritating, because we've been dealing withthis for the past 4 or 5 years. I'm with ya ya. Back off.

BANDERA BULLDOGS..2002 3A STATE CHAMPIONS!!(even with the worst 3A facility in the Western Hemisphere!)Yeah, I'll take a Championship title over the best stadium in the Western Hemisphere ANY DAY!

Seems like they should worry about their team making the State game...... :rolleyes:
:D

<small>[ November 05, 2003, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 07:09 PM
BigChamp05:
Who are you Sharpie?.....look at his profile....and from Kerrville?????

sharpie
11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
I went to Bandera my fresh and soph years and moved to Kerrville for my final two. Lived in bantucky all my life.

olddawggreen
11-05-2003, 07:27 PM
Bandera YaYa:

BigChamp05:

BANDERA BULLDOGS..2002 3A STATE CHAMPIONS!!(even with the worst 3A facility in the Western Hemisphere!)Yeah, I'll take a Championship title over the best stadium in the Western Hemisphere ANY DAY!

Seems like they should worry about their team making the State game...... :rolleyes:
:D I agree yaya, it seems that bulldogvet85 and BulldogGrl64 have become quite the tag team. I would imagine that if people were constantly telling them that the house they lived in was really crappy compared to everyone else's they might get a little irritable or "get their panties in a wad". It gets old guys, give it a rest. Bandara will get their new stadium when they can. It may just be that their more interested in building new classrooms first.

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 07:35 PM
Besides, Bandera has nothing to prove to them, or has anything to apologize for.

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-05-2003, 11:23 PM
Dear YaYa and the rest of the Bandera folks,
I had the best seats I've had at all the games
this year. I was on the top row, had a back rest,
on the 45yd line, my car was parked 30-40 ft behind the SW gate. Besides that the people in
Bandera were VERY KIND and Gracious. They may have their stadium then, in 2 yrs, if not I'll be back in the same seats.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan

Bandera YaYa
11-05-2003, 11:31 PM
GreatBigBurnetFan:
Dear YaYa and the rest of the Bandera folks,
I had the best seats I've had at all the games
this year. I was on the top row, had a back rest,
on the 45yd line, my car was parked 30-40 ft behind the SW gate. Besides that the people in
Bandera were VERY KIND and Gracious. They may have their stadium then, in 2 yrs, if not I'll be back in the same seats.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFanYou are the Best of the Best from Burnet....you are the gracious one...thanks for finding the good. It's positive people like you that make the world so much better!! :)

Ranger Mom
11-05-2003, 11:33 PM
I'd much rather have a "less than perfect stadium" and a championship ring, than the nicest stadium money can buy and be sitting home during the play-offs!!

therealbulldogs
11-06-2003, 12:36 AM
I take this post personal and I agree with things that bulldoggrl64 and bulldogvet85 have said. I graduated from Bandera in 02, my mom works for the school district, and my little brother is in the 7th grade and plays football, cross country, basketball, track, and golf. Other schools that play at Bandera should be concerned about the facilities that another school has. I mean, who wants to play on a bad field? Who wants to go to a football game and use one of Buddy's portapotties? What team wants to dress in the hole in the wall visitor's locker room? The only good thing an opposing team can say about OUR stadium is that they have shade and we don't. When I played for Bandera I would of rather played somewhere else than at home and I know of plenty of others that agree with me.

olddawggreen
11-06-2003, 07:54 AM
Ranger Mom:
I'd much rather have a "less than perfect stadium" and a championship ring, than the nicest stadium money can buy and be sitting home during the play-offs!!Shoot, I would sit in a lawn chair or stand on my head at every game (dont take me up on this) if it ment taking home a state championship trophy!

olddawggreen
11-06-2003, 08:06 AM
therealbulldogs:
I take this post personal and I agree with things that bulldoggrl64 and bulldogvet85 have said. I graduated from Bandera in 02, my mom works for the school district, and my little brother is in the 7th grade and plays football, cross country, basketball, track, and golf. Other schools that play at Bandera should be concerned about the facilities that another school has. I mean, who wants to play on a bad field? Who wants to go to a football game and use one of Buddy's portapotties? What team wants to dress in the hole in the wall visitor's locker room? The only good thing an opposing team can say about OUR stadium is that they have shade and we don't. When I played for Bandera I would of rather played somewhere else than at home and I know of plenty of others that agree with me.While there may be a need for a new stadium in your community, its is a decision that must be made within your community. The fight for a new stadium is yours. That dosent mean that I should come to your school from out of town and start running down what you have. Being from out of town, I dont know what your school districts prioritys are, much less your districts financial situation. As much as I love highschool football, I will choose class rooms over sports facilities any day. On the other hand, If you want a new stadium and need to convince those decision makers that can make it happen, get busy, in the end it is the people of your community that have the power to make that happen. In the mean time, be proud of what you have. I dont mind bring my lawn chairs if I need to and if I have to go bad enough, a porta potty will be just fine thank you! eek! eek!

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 10:28 AM
therealbulldogs:
I take this post personal and I agree with things that bulldoggrl64 and bulldogvet85 have said. I graduated from Bandera in 02, my mom works for the school district, and my little brother is in the 7th grade and plays football, cross country, basketball, track, and golf. Other schools that play at Bandera should be concerned about the facilities that another school has. I mean, who wants to play on a bad field? Who wants to go to a football game and use one of Buddy's portapotties? What team wants to dress in the hole in the wall visitor's locker room? The only good thing an opposing team can say about OUR stadium is that they have shade and we don't. When I played for Bandera I would of rather played somewhere else than at home and I know of plenty of others that agree with me.Well, sounds like you SHOULD have played somewhere else if you weren't proud to play on your own home field. :rolleyes: eek!
I DO understand what you are saying, of course, things need to change and they are. But it pains me nevertheless, to hear such harsh words from one of our own. Hey, I hear Medina is looking for new fans...... :p :p

BigChamp05
11-06-2003, 10:32 AM
Get'em yaya. I loved playing on our home field. The only thing i didn't like was the grass. As soon as it got wet, it started to stink. The stadium itself didn't bother me. I loved the whole atmosphere that was there.

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 10:35 AM
..........ok ya ya and OLDdawg........
to clear the air I never said anything negative about banderas field. I just commented on ya ya and her hostility over a question. but for those of us that have been there to play we can comment on it as well, in a respectful manner. I'm not going to come on here and say it's the crap hole of texas or anything. Cuz lets be real that aint right. But I will say that it isnt the best facility to play on. Before I ever went to paly at bandera I always heard good things about there program and some great athletes that came from there, like a great basketball team they had that I can remember three years ago. That team was awesome. Also all-state athletes coming out of there too like Andy blount, but when I saw the field and facility I was alittle dissapointed. I believe that the side lines are to small and that the field its self is just in bad shape if anything the just need to re-do the playing field itself. But I never came on here and said anything "SNOBBY" or "WESTERN....." crap. until now did I comment on the field. I have played there and know what its like, and if Bandera players are saying they are embarrassed of there own field and hate to play on it then something must be wrong. As long as this is a message board we will continue to discuss the bandera field as long as we want. If you dont like it dont reply or dont even read you can just ya ya else where.
Peace out!!!

BulldogGrl64
11-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Ok Ya Ya and olddawg, lets clear something up here.....I can understand that you would be frustrated with people "trash talking" about your field/stadium because that is your home turf and you have pride in your team and school, but the last time I checked I did not make any "snobby" or "extremely rude" remarks about your field. I was simply stating FACTS. You guys are taking things a little too personally here. I had some general questions and made some general statements. I in no way "trash talked" Bandera or the conditions of their playing facilities. And yes a "good stadium does not make a good team", but the upkeep and condition of your stadium does say a lot to people from the outside looking in whether you like it or not. No one ever said that Bandera had anything to prove or anything to apologize for. But you have to remember that as long as this is a PUBLIC message board, people are going to talk about anything and everything that they want to and YES that means that they can continue to talk about Bandera's field/stadium if they so desire. So there is no need for hostility or comments about going and calling Dr. Schultz to discuss this matter in length with her. If you don't like what someone has to say about Bandera, then just ignore it or scroll down....it's that simple, really it is!

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 11:09 AM
Frankly, I'm bored with this......talk it or walk it, I don't care. Let's just concentrate on the games at hand. Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow. :)

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Frankly, I'm bored with this......talk it or walk it, I don't care. Let's just concentrate on the games at hand. Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow. :) walk what? there is no room at your stadium to walk!! eek! eek! :D :D

therealbulldogs
11-06-2003, 02:34 PM
I worked my butt off for Bandera and played for the best team Bandera has ever had! There was no other program that I would of played for but Bandera. I'm sorry that I was embarassed to play at home but I know that I'm not the only one that felt that way.

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 02:58 PM
therealbulldogs:
I worked my butt off for Bandera and played for the best team Bandera has ever had! There was no other program that I would of played for but Bandera. I'm sorry that I was embarassed to play at home but I know that I'm not the only one that felt that way....I'm sorry too.

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 03:01 PM
bulldogvet85:

Bandera YaYa:
Frankly, I'm bored with this......talk it or walk it, I don't care. Let's just concentrate on the games at hand. Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow. :) walk what? there is no room at your stadium to walk!! eek! eek! :D :D hahahaha...what grade are you in??? :rolleyes:

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 03:39 PM
Bandera YaYa:

bulldogvet85:

Bandera YaYa:
Frankly, I'm bored with this......talk it or walk it, I don't care. Let's just concentrate on the games at hand. Good luck to everyone playing tomorrow. :) walk what? there is no room at your stadium to walk!! eek! eek! :D :D hahahaha...what grade are you in??? :rolleyes: hahahahahaha I'm out I'm not in a grade although some people say that I still act like a kid but who knows!! :D It's aight realbulldog thats your town and if you feel that way thats cool Don't let a Ya Ya tell you other wise. He has pride and respect about where he comes from, but he would like to see a better playing field, some pride you have down grading one of your own. Shows how much pride and respect you have for an athlete who gave his all for your school.

BulldogGrl64
11-06-2003, 03:52 PM
It would be one thing if realbulldog was trash talking Bandera, but he's not. He said that he has pride in his school and the team that he played for. There is nothing wrong with him saying that he would like to see some improvements at the school he loves and supports.

sharpie
11-06-2003, 04:29 PM
I worked my butt off for Bandera and played for the best team Bandera has ever had! There was no other program that I would of played for but Bandera. I'm sorry that I was embarassed to play at home but I know that I'm not the only one that felt that way.

How weak is that? You don't deserve anything new you spoiled brat. I played on that field in the late 80's and early 90's. You play Football for the love of the game, not the surface you are stepping on! That was not the best team Bandera ever had! If Chris Hensley was never hurt back in 92 in Hondo, that team would have beat Devine in Uvalde and gone very deep. He was a great QB as well as a BB ball player.

PAINTBALL
11-06-2003, 04:42 PM
sharpie:

How weak is that? You don't deserve anything new you spoiled brat. I played on that field in the late 80's and early 90's. You play Football for the love of the game, not the surface you are stepping on! That was not the best team Bandera ever had! If Chris Hensley was never hurt back in 92 in Hondo, that team would have beat Devine in Uvalde and gone very deep. He was a great QB as well as a BB ball player.And your dad probably played on that field in the late 50's.

sharpie
11-06-2003, 04:45 PM
who cares? It's about tradition....You must be a waterboy or in the band.

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 04:45 PM
sharpie:

How weak is that? You don't deserve anything new you spoiled brat. I played on that field in the late 80's and early 90's. You play Football for the love of the game, not the surface you are stepping on! That was not the best team Bandera ever had! If Chris Hensley was never hurt back in 92 in Hondo, that team would have beat Devine in Uvalde and gone very deep. He was a great QB as well as a BB ball player.Well i guess i can say that I'm glad i never played for banders if this is how yall treat each other. And OMG the if's if if if if if if. did they go far? no they didnt. have the recent bandera teams gone far? Ummmmm.......well yes I think they have. why is he a spoiled brat is my question? i think he was requesting a new field for the future players that play, cuz last time i checked therealbulldog graduated already. so I think that he wants it for the future players, and what he is saying is that with the great success that bandera has had it's time they get a new field. SPOILED!!!! please get off it. :rolleyes:

sharpie
11-06-2003, 04:51 PM
bulldogvet...you need your shots! Requesting a new field is not in the question. What I am pissed about is the "best team that ever played in Bandera quote." Their were alot of Bandera teams that were better than the 03 team. The difference maker was Coach Williamson. Those players were average and went into week Division II. Let's face it Brett Hicks was no Hensley, Woodland or Mazurek.

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 05:00 PM
sharpie:
bulldogvet...you need your shots! Requesting a new field is not in the question. What I am pissed about is the "best team that ever played in Bandera quote." Their were alot of Bandera teams that were better than the 03 team. The difference maker was Coach Williamson. Those players were average and went into week Division II. Let's face it Brett Hicks was no Hensley, Woodland or Mazurek.Well sharpie looks like you should stick to dry earse boards. eek! Sorry cant face it cuz they were before my time!!! sorry dude. I know there might have been better teams than the 03 team but oh well!! time goes on and people forget about them well most people from what i can tell. hicks put up some good numbers and he was a playmaker, so sorry he dont qualify to your standards.

sharpie
11-06-2003, 05:10 PM
Not dogging on the kid but, He wasn't a mobile QB and his recievers made him good. My two cousins played on that team. The jennings bro's. Scotty got no love for that kick. He was a great player for his size. Once you start to know a little about football, you will understand.

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 05:27 PM
sharpie:
Not dogging on the kid but, He wasn't a mobile QB and his recievers made him good. My two cousins played on that team. The jennings bro's. Scotty got no love for that kick. He was a great player for his size. Once you start to know a little about football, you will understand.hmmm i think I know football or I wouldnt be on this board. and let me think here hmmmmmmmmmmm
his recievers made him good well i think he had to throw the ball to them. last time i checked as well it took three diffrent groups to complete a pass as well. 1. the linemen blocking 2. the QB making a read and throwing the ball 3. the recievers make a catch. if you say his recievers made him good then I think thats what you would call TEAM WORK !!!!! the only thing I'll give you is that he wasnt very mobile. If hicks own players hated him then thats there problem and then so much for working together. sounds like an ego problem to me then.

sharpie
11-06-2003, 05:47 PM
alot of people think they know football. unfortunatley, your one of the few that just quotes famous football movies. Have you seen radio? Great Movie by the way. I will give your boy Hicks some credit for making those critical passes in the playoffs but, If Bandera didn't recieve a gift from Rice Consolidated would we even be talking about this right now? Dustin Heep was that team, He opened up the pass his running abilities. Without him and the ground game, Hicks is a regular Barton or backup dreamer!

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 06:18 PM
negative shapie. better put yourself back in the desk drawer were you came from. I do like football movies and no I havent seen radio I guess i'll have to go see it. besides my signature quote when have i gone on just quoting movies? You are just stuck in 80's or whenever you last played catch up with time man!!!

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 06:37 PM
sharpie:
alot of people think they know football. unfortunatley, your one of the few that just quotes famous football movies. Have you seen radio? Great Movie by the way. I will give your boy Hicks some credit for making those critical passes in the playoffs but, If Bandera didn't recieve a gift from Rice Consolidated would we even be talking about this right now? Dustin Heep was that team, He opened up the pass his running abilities. Without him and the ground game, Hicks is a regular Barton or backup dreamer!WHOA!! Sounds like YOU hate Hicks. I know all you are speaking of, and I have respect for them all as Bulldog players. I know Scott and Billy...Scott was an awesome kicker and he could run like he**. Don't know what your beef is with all that, but the 2002 team did end up as State Champs. That's not to say we haven't had some really awesome teams in the past. I know the team you speak of and yes, they had the potential, but it didn't happen. I went to every one of those games, too. And as far as the "gift" from Rice, we won that fair and square, it might not have been pretty, but it counted just the same. Don't take your frustrations of not winning a State title out of the reigning Champs. Heep was awesome for sure, the whole team had to do their part, no way it would have happened without each and every one on that field. And as far as Hicks is concerned, I think you can catch him this weekend playing QB for Sam Houston....as a Freshman.... :D

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

sharpie
11-06-2003, 07:00 PM
Well, you think wrong. Their is a such a thing called a "depth chart" in college football. From the last I heard he was 4th on the chart. Nothing against Hicks, he was ok, but the guys around him are the ones who go unoticed like the O line! Anyways, I am a former Bulldog and I give credit to the boys for winning state. However it is 2003 baby and 0 and 5 in district really stinks!

sharpie
11-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Key word is "reigning champs" pal. Their is no more Williamson so it is time to wake up and smell the coffee.

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 07:11 PM
sharpie:
Well, you think wrong. Their is a such a thing called a "depth chart" in college football. From the last I heard he was 4th on the chart. Nothing against Hicks, he was ok, but the guys around him are the ones who go unoticed like the O line! Anyways, I am a former Bulldog and I give credit to the boys for winning state. However it is 2003 baby and 0 and 5 in district really stinks!Well we know what the record is and yes it aint good. But I think as man have said and Ya Ya may agree ( I could be wrong) it is a rebuilding year for bandera. they got hit with graduation pretty good. I think they will be better next year. i must say for being a former bulldog you sure are slamming the younger guys that are coming from bandera. Why you going to hate on people from bandera when you are from there. the O line didnt go unnoticed. I believe they were good, they had to have been in order for hicks to be able to throw. but thats football most lines dont get as much glory as the skilled postions do. but thats not to say they werent good or were over looked

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 07:13 PM
sharpie:
Key word is "reigning champs" pal. Their is no more Williamson so it is time to wake up and smell the coffee.hmmmmmm not sure about that one?? did that even make sense?? sounds like someone put goat crap in your coffee.

sharpie
11-06-2003, 07:36 PM
I know being a vet you like to play with animals and all, but keep you and the goat out of this discussion. That is why I moved to Kerrville my soph year. People like you who know nothing about football!

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 08:08 PM
sharpie:
Key word is "reigning champs" pal. Their is no more Williamson so it is time to wake up and smell the coffee....uh..that's what I said..... :p

olddawggreen
11-06-2003, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bulldogvet85:
<strong>..........ok ya ya and OLDdawg........
to clear the air I never said anything negative about banderas field. I just commented on ya ya and her hostility over a question. but for those of us that have been there to play we can comment on it as well, in a respectful manner. I'm not going to come on here and say it's the crap hole of texas or anything. Cuz lets be real that aint right. But I will say that it isnt the best facility to play on. Before I ever went to paly at bandera I always heard good things about there program and some great athletes that came from there, like a great basketball team they had that I can remember three years ago. That team was awesome. Also all-state athletes coming out of there too like Andy blount, but when I saw the field and facility I was alittle dissapointed. I believe that the side lines are to small and that the field its self is just in bad shape if anything the just need to re-do the playing field itself. But I never came on here and said anything "SNOBBY" or "WESTERN....." crap. until now did I comment on the field. I have played there and know what its like, and if Bandera players are saying they are embarrassed of there own field and hate to play on it then something must be wrong. As long as this is a message board we will continue to discuss the bandera field as long as we want. If you dont like it dont reply or dont even read you can just ya ya else where.
Peace out!!!</strong>[/QUOTE

Right.

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 07:27 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 08:24 PM
sharpie:
I know being a vet you like to play with animals and all, but keep you and the goat out of this discussion. That is why I moved to Kerrville my soph year. People like you who know nothing about football!... hey what do you know there is a comedian..... Not much of a funny one but you keep trying kid youll get funny some day. so what you are saying is that you moved to kerrville because people in bandera dont know anything about football? thats what I'm getting from your post there. those of you from kerrville who played or came in contact with this guy, I feel sorry for you eek! eek! but I'm not gonna argue with you about wether or not I know football compared to you cuz you are the type that thinks you are right no matter what.

olddawggreen
11-06-2003, 08:29 PM
BulldogGrl64:
Ok Ya Ya and olddawg, lets clear something up here.....I can understand that you would be frustrated with people "trash talking" about your field/stadium because that is your home turf and you have pride in your team and school, but the last time I checked I did not make any "snobby" or "extremely rude" remarks about your field. I was simply stating FACTS. You guys are taking things a little too personally here. I had some general questions and made some general statements. I in no way "trash talked" Bandera or the conditions of their playing facilities. And yes a "good stadium does not make a good team", but the upkeep and condition of your stadium does say a lot to people from the outside looking in whether you like it or not. No one ever said that Bandera had anything to prove or anything to apologize for. But you have to remember that as long as this is a PUBLIC message board, people are going to talk about anything and everything that they want to and YES that means that they can continue to talk about Bandera's field/stadium if they so desire. So there is no need for hostility or comments about going and calling Dr. Schultz to discuss this matter in length with her. If you don't like what someone has to say about Bandera, then just ignore it or scroll down....it's that simple, really it is!Its not my home turf, Burnet is my home turf. And you havent seen hostility yet.

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 08:51 PM
If sharpie didn't like Bandera... so he moved.. :D But his profile says he's a coach....in Kerrville?? I am VERY good friends with one of the varsity football coaches, so I will find out just who you are.....if in fact your profile is the truth. :D

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 08:59 PM
olddawggreen:

BulldogGrl64:
Ok Ya Ya and olddawg, lets clear something up here.....I can understand that you would be frustrated with people "trash talking" about your field/stadium because that is your home turf and you have pride in your team and school, but the last time I checked I did not make any "snobby" or "extremely rude" remarks about your field. I was simply stating FACTS. You guys are taking things a little too personally here. I had some general questions and made some general statements. I in no way "trash talked" Bandera or the conditions of their playing facilities. And yes a "good stadium does not make a good team", but the upkeep and condition of your stadium does say a lot to people from the outside looking in whether you like it or not. No one ever said that Bandera had anything to prove or anything to apologize for. But you have to remember that as long as this is a PUBLIC message board, people are going to talk about anything and everything that they want to and YES that means that they can continue to talk about Bandera's field/stadium if they so desire. So there is no need for hostility or comments about going and calling Dr. Schultz to discuss this matter in length with her. If you don't like what someone has to say about Bandera, then just ignore it or scroll down....it's that simple, really it is!Its not my home turf, Burnet is my home turf. And you havent seen hostility yet.I'm sorry, but you were rude and don't try to disgise it now. That is true, you can post all you want, say all the petty, mean spirited things you can come up with......if it will make you feel better about yourself. Enjoy!

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 09:09 PM
qb][/QUOTE]I'm sorry, but you were rude and don't try to disgise it now. That is true, you can post all you want, say all the petty, mean spirited things you can come up with......if it will make you feel better about yourself. Enjoy![/QB][/QUOTE]

Ya Ya if you took it as rude I'll apologize on Mine and her behalf. my intention wasnt to slam the facility and from what I gather from bulldoggrl I dont think it was either. So if thats how you took it I'm sorry and I had no intent of being rude about the condition of the field I was just simply discussing it. Olddawg hmmmmm that one statement you made. "You havent seen hostility yet." I'd becarful about what you say and how you say. not trying to start anything with you I'm just letting you know.

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 09:15 PM
bulldogvet85:
qb]I'm sorry, but you were rude and don't try to disgise it now. That is true, you can post all you want, say all the petty, mean spirited things you can come up with......if it will make you feel better about yourself. Enjoy!</strong>[/QUOTE]

Ya Ya if you took it as rude I'll apologize on Mine and her behalf. my intention wasnt to slam the facility and from what I gather from bulldoggrl I dont think it was either. So if thats how you took it I'm sorry and I had no intent of being rude about the condition of the field I was just simply discussing it. Olddawg hmmmmm that one statement you made. "You havent seen hostility yet." I'd becarful about what you say and how you say. not trying to start anything with you I'm just letting you know.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Looks like a line has been drawn.... eek!

But, enough already about our turf, OK? We'll build the new as fast as we can. :D You will be welcome there.......Peace!

sharpie
11-06-2003, 10:06 PM
First of all vetgirl, I am not your younger so don't be calling me son or boy. Second, If all you know is the 2002 season of Bandera you are a closet fan who was only there thru the good. And you YO YO, Who said I coached in Kerrville brain? I graduated from Tivy and I am the assistant coach of the Helix Highlanders in San Diego California. I love my Texas roots and keep up with my Texas Football. I will return to Texas and coach when the benefits and pay gets better. Don't get me wrong, pay is nothing when you love the game but, a little money never hurts.

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 10:17 PM
sharpie:
First of all vetgirl, I am not your younger so don't be calling me son or boy. Second, If all you know is the 2002 season of Bandera you are a closet fan who was only there thru the good. And you YO YO, Who said I coached in Kerrville brain? I graduated from Tivy and I am the assistant coach of the Helix Highlanders in San Diego California. I love my Texas roots and keep up with my Texas Football. I will return to Texas and coach when the benefits and pay gets better. Don't get me wrong, pay is nothing when you love the game but, a little money never hurts.ok SON dont get all worked up eek! I know a little more than the 2002 team and or season so relax. the only reason you are coaching in San diego is cause you and got the talent or ability to coach in your own state. why would you go all the way to the west coast just to coach. Come on now get real BOY. looks like for being a coach you sure do have some anger issues. SON i suggest that you just forget this whole site now, cuz there aint anything smart that comes out of your mouth besdies your smartalic comments. PEACE OUT KID!!!! :cool:

sharpie
11-06-2003, 10:18 PM
to daddy's little girl sweetvet, talk to me when you graduate alternative school

Bandera YaYa
11-06-2003, 10:23 PM
sharpie:
First of all vetgirl, I am not your younger so don't be calling me son or boy. Second, If all you know is the 2002 season of Bandera you are a closet fan who was only there thru the good. And you YO YO, Who said I coached in Kerrville brain? I graduated from Tivy and I am the assistant coach of the Helix Highlanders in San Diego California. I love my Texas roots and keep up with my Texas Football. I will return to Texas and coach when the benefits and pay gets better. Don't get me wrong, pay is nothing when you love the game but, a little money never hurts.YO YO....now that's funny!!! :D Well, I was just guessing....from your profile. OK, so I was wrong....but I did get you to tell me who are and where you are!! :p I have to admit, you do keep up with it...I lived in CA once, a long time ago...San Diego was pretty..LA was full of smog. :( I hope you escaped those horrible fires....that was so sad for all those people who lost everything. I hope you make it back someday soon. Are you really related to Scott Jennings? I think he is a really great kid...very talented....and very accident prone!! :D

bulldogvet85
11-06-2003, 10:25 PM
sharpie:
to daddy's little girl sweetvet, talk to me when you graduate alternative schoolDone!!! what you wanna chat about? :D

sharpie
11-06-2003, 10:36 PM
I am not on here to talk trash but I can't help myself sometimes. Yeah, alot of my kids that live in Scripps Ranch had their homes burned to the ground. I love the weather here but I miss the Texas kids hearts. Kids here are very different. The speak their minds and that should not happen in High School Football.

sharpie
11-06-2003, 10:39 PM
gotta run...it is 730 and gotta prep for manana's game. Wasn't trying to dog Bandera's players just critisizing some of them. Ask Scotty who his cousin in Cali is

therealbulldogs
11-06-2003, 10:44 PM
Sharpie:
I didn't even play on the 02 team that won state! I was talking about the 2000 team that made it to the semi's and lost to Gatesville. That was the best team Bandera has ever had! As far as the whole stadium thing, I want what's best for my little brother. Why would you be calling me a spoiled brat, cause I want my little brother to have the best. I'm sorry I care about my family.

olddawggreen
11-06-2003, 11:39 PM
bulldogvet85:
Peace out!!!Grow up kid.

olddawggreen
11-06-2003, 11:40 PM
bulldogvet85:
Peace out!!!

<small>[ November 06, 2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

bulldogvet85
11-07-2003, 01:33 AM
ok OLD timer I think I have have done some growing up already seeing as how I have already apologized. So maybe its you that needs to drop it. doesnt the nursing home have a bedtime curfew for you elders.

olddawggreen
11-07-2003, 08:51 AM
bulldogvet85:
ok OLD timer I think I have have done some growing up already seeing as how I have already apologized. So maybe its you that needs to drop it. doesnt the nursing home have a bedtime curfew for you elders.Ive droped it son, because I realize there is nothing I can do over the internet that would teach you the manners that you failed to learn from your parents or your school. One day when you are a little more mature, you will get it.

<small>[ November 07, 2003, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: olddawggreen ]</small>

olddog73
11-07-2003, 09:40 AM
bulldogvet85:
ok OLD timer I think I have have done some growing up already seeing as how I have already apologized. So maybe its you that needs to drop it. doesnt the nursing home have a bedtime curfew for you elders.Bulldogvet85, I just want to tell you, Ive had the pleasure to know olddawggreen for a number of years and hes one of the finest people you would ever want to meet. If he tells you something you can go to the bank with it. But apparently he has a very low tollerance for rude people. And yes, in my eyes you and bulldoggirl64 have carried this Bandera statiom thing to the point of rudeness. You say you have appoligized so let that be it and lets move on. I have enjoyed reading your post concerning football and hope to enjoy more discussion on that subject in days to come. But when I see you making the kind of remarks like the ones you guys have continued to make concerning the subject of Bandera, your standing with me and many others drops considerbly. And as far as the coments you have made about Old Timer olddawggreen, dont kid yourself, hes not so old that he couldnt take you by the ear and march you to the wood shed. Hes handled himself very well over the years. Hes as fair as anyone I know, but he wont back up from trouble when some one else needs help or is being treated unfairley. Now peace be with you and lets move on.

Hottogo
11-07-2003, 09:42 AM
olddog73:

bulldogvet85:
ok OLD timer I think I have have done some growing up already seeing as how I have already apologized. So maybe its you that needs to drop it. doesnt the nursing home have a bedtime curfew for you elders.Bulldogvet85, I just want to tell you, Ive had the pleasure to know olddawggreen for a number of years and hes one of the finest people you would ever want to meet. If he tells you something you can go to the bank with it. But apparently he has a very low tollerance for rude people. And yes, in my eyes you and bulldoggirl64 have carried this Bandera statiom thing to the point of rudeness. You say you have appoligized so let that be it and lets move on. I have enjoyed reading your post concerning football and hope to enjoy more discussion on that subject in days to come. But when I see you making the kind of remarks like the ones you guys have continued to make concerning the subject of Bandera, your standing with me and many others drops considerbly. And as far as the coments you have made about Old Timer olddawggreen, dont kid yourself, hes not so old that he couldnt take you by the ear and march you to the wood shed. Hes handled himself very well over the years. Hes as fair as anyone I know, but he wont back up from trouble when some one else needs help or is being treated unfairley. Now peace be with you and lets move on.Well said olddog73, and so very true.

BULLDOGFAN
11-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Well, for what it is worth I think this thread has gone down some pretty stupid paths and needs to end.

I have lived in Bandera for 20 years. I have been involved with the kids of Bandera in all forms of athletics for all of that time.

My son played for the State team last year and it was phenominal to say the least. I have watched all of the kids mentioned above and the ones with class are either proud of the State team or just stay quite.

Was last years team the best ever? I have no idea. I saw fault with that team and every team before them. But in the end the ring is all that really matters.

That team last year had one goal and one dream. They waited their turn and they produced. Were they lucky? Heck yes they were. You don't ever get all the perfect bounces in a game. But more importantly they were all the good that a small town could produce.

These kids worked hard, kept their noses clean, and represented Bandera like a true Champion. You saw them do flashy silly things after big hits or big plays. They carried themselves with dignity. They were proud and happy to be where they were. They prayed as team and laughed at the little things like autographs. These kids had the ride of their life and they earned that Championship for everyone in Bandera INCLUDING the previous player's.

As for the field, that is home and that is where we grew up. If you were embarrassed as to the quality of the field then you are taking yourself way too serious. It's just a game played on grass. I love my seats and and everything about Friday night football in Bandera. The new field will be nice but the memories are better.

I grew up in Port Isabel where we had a nice field in town. It is now tore down and the new field will never have the uniqueness that the old one did. Bandera's will have that same feeling.

BigChamp05
11-07-2003, 12:07 PM
First of all, come on Whitus. The 2000 team was the best ever? LOL!! In your dreams. Ya'll had a couple, COUPLE really good players that carried ya'll. Our team last year, and this goes to sharpie with his comment about Heep being the whole team, was a complete team. If i remember right, we had 7 all-staters. Heep was dang good, and i loved blocking for him. I also loved catching passes from Hicks, one of the best QB's Bandera has had. And we had something called layalty and teamwork. The 2002 3A Division II State Champions team was the best TEAM. All you have to do is look at the end accomplishments.

therealbulldogs
11-07-2003, 03:14 PM
Bigchamp05 check your PM.

BigChamp05
11-07-2003, 04:40 PM
Check your pm realbulldog

Bandera YaYa
11-07-2003, 06:19 PM
....GLad to finally hear from you BULLDOGFAN...was getting a little worried. :( Hope you are feeling better. Guess your "meanness" just got the better of you!! :D
Guess you missed my post back on Nov 1...after our last game...you missed the party, given in your honor......were your ears burning?? eek!

Big Champ...you tell it like it is :D ....don't listen to ANYBODY tell you what ya'll had last year wasn't special ...and not just because of the talent, but because you group of boys really cared for each other and did it FOR each other......a true championship TEAM.
2002 WHOO HOO!!