PDA

View Full Version : Bellville/Rice Consolidated: Part II

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 12:18 PM
These guys 'should' be playing again in the D2 playoffs...

This will be the 2nd biggest game of the year in 3A up until that point, involving the same two teams...

That'll be another awesome game...

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 12:33 PM
If it happens I will be there. Contingent, of course, that it's not played in Louisiana.

Crow22
09-30-2003, 12:35 PM
If they meet in the semi's they should just play it in Cat Spring or New Ulm. That should be about halfway. I hear there's some good pastures out that way. Ya'll bring a lawn chair!

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 12:36 PM
Yah...

If Gonzales makes the playoffs, Cuero's going D2, so hopefully there IS NO rematch (AKA hopefully it's Cuero/Bellville: Part I)...

That'd be a heckuva match-up, I dunno who would take it this time... I'd say RC by a half a point...

BIG19
09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but why wouldn't Bellville go D1?

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Navasota's enrollment's higher, and everyone's counting on Navasota making the playoffs...

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Now that would be a barn burner! Burnet and Bellville! Can you say Buh-Buh Bada$$ Game?
Almost giddy over that matchup.

BIG19
09-30-2003, 12:55 PM
That is what I was hoping for. They kicked us out of the playoffs a few years ago. Would like to have the chance to play again.

SintonFan
09-30-2003, 01:02 PM
I know the feeling. They took Bandera out a couple of years ago and denied Sinton a chance at revenge. Those Brahmas seem to get in the way of alot of teams. LOL

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 01:05 PM
Yah, I'd accually like to go D1 so we can play Burnet...

You turds upset us in '99 24-12 in Bastrop... I remember looking over at the scoreboard then looking across the field at your fans and players in the 4th quarter and I just felt like dying... We were huge that year and you guys weren't close to being our size but my GAWD ya'll put it on us... Your fans were goin' crazy all game, that was a crappy bus-ride home...

<small>[ September 30, 2003, 01:06 PM: Message edited by: Gobbla2001 ]</small>

BIG19
09-30-2003, 01:12 PM
I remember that game well. Would like to have a rematch with you as well. Let's just get rid of the D1/D2 thing and go back to the way it was!!!!

underware
09-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Gobbla, don't count our chickens before they're hatched. We don't know WHAT Gonzales is going to do? I don't think they know either? Yoakum is coming on strong again and well? Hallettsville is doing a fairly good job. I know Cuero's got some talent, so it anyone's ballgame.

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 02:16 PM
Gonzales is struggling without their starting QB, who is prolly THE team...

It should be

Yoakum
Cuero
Hallettsville

That's what I'm predicting...

Luling's one dementional on offense...

Gonzales WAS one dementional on offense, but now they have nothing...

IF Gonzales gets their QB back by district, they may be able to beat Hallettsville and maybe Cuero if he stays healthy... But the way it's looking now, this is how I'm gunna predict it...

underware
09-30-2003, 02:23 PM
That does sound about right Gobbla. But I heard, for whatever it's worth, that the Gonzales QB will be out until the first Dis. game. I think it's Yoakum. Not sure where they play. Trying to give him a little time. Do you know anything about his injury?

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 02:27 PM
I accually don't know much about his Injury... I just heard he had gone out in the Austin Travis game that they lost and wasn't playing this week... He's a great QB and I know the offense is kinda built around him this year and that it could hurt the Apaches if he's not in here...

If he is back by next week (when Yoakum travels to Gonzales) then they may have a chance, even if they lose to Yoakum...

It'll be a slugfest, I even look for Goliad to get a few jabs in there...

Gunna be wild...

underware
09-30-2003, 02:32 PM
Goliad? Really? Thanks for your input Gobbla. And good luck to everyone in District 27. Sounds like it's gonna be fun.

Gobbla2001
09-30-2003, 02:41 PM
Yah, Goliad won't make the playoffs but they'll sure tick one of the playoff contenders off when they give 'em a loss that keeps 'em out of the playoffs, they're looking to make a rise out of the 'door-mat' status...

Gunna be real fun...

It's just REALLY hard to tell about Halletsville right now... They're scoring and their defense is doing well, but they're not playing any competition really, which will hurt them come district...

Almost every team in this district has a good offense, and most of us have good defenses... I dunno about H'Ville's defense, but if it's like it has been the last few years, they're going to have to win via barnburners...

Brahma73
09-30-2003, 03:11 PM
Crow22:
If they meet in the semi's they should just play it in Cat Spring or New Ulm. That should be about halfway. I hear there's some good pastures out that way. Ya'll bring a lawn chair!The ideal spot would be the Bernardo Coliseum! lol :rolleyes:

Bellville22
09-30-2003, 04:13 PM
Gobbla2001:
These guys 'should' be playing again in the D2 playoffs...

This will be the 2nd biggest game of the year in 3A up until that point, involving the same two teams...

That'll be another awesome game...That's a LONG WAY off!!!!!! I can think of 3 or 4 teams in Region 3 and a couple in Region 4 who may have something to say about that. Let's go ahead and worry about district first, then one game at a time.

ctownqb
10-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Brahma73:

Crow22:
If they meet in the semi's they should just play it in Cat Spring or New Ulm. That should be about halfway. I hear there's some good pastures out that way. Ya'll bring a lawn chair!The ideal spot would be the Bernardo Coliseum! lol :rolleyes: Hey i play for columbus but i live in new ulm and i would let them use my back yard. Me and my older bros had lots of good games out there.

BrahmaMom
10-02-2003, 07:07 AM
Just mark the field and put up nice bleachers for the moms and we'll be there! Good luck this season, and don't get hurt!