PDA

View Full Version : Post 24, Perryton 17

Da Mules
09-29-2002, 07:22 PM
Class 2A Post (ranked 4th in AP polls 2 weeks ago, but lost to Merkel) came from behind in the 4th quarter to beat Perryton Rangers eek! Perryton has handled teams like Pampa. What tha happened. I know Post is a good team but Perryton wasn't supposed to be no slouches! Anybody see this game...what's the scoop.

vet93
09-29-2002, 09:40 PM
This one really surprises me after what Merkel did to Post (35 - 7). Perryton must have had a really off game to lose this one.

wildstangs
09-29-2002, 09:48 PM
vet93:
This one really surprises me after what Merkel did to Post (35 - 7). Perryton must have had a really off game to lose this one.That is what I was thinking Vet. If Merkel can anihilate Post like they did, why is Perryton ranked so high?

footballmaniac
09-29-2002, 10:12 PM
I can give you some insight on what happened to Perryton. First, we score again at the end of the 3rd Quarter. Then we started putting in the majority of the second string, in which Post then starts moving the ball up the middle all the way down for a score. That was the only time Post moved the ball on Perryton, is when all the subbing began. We didn't have any consistency, reason for coaches doing that, one of two reasons, 1st. I know for a fact our middle linebacker started cramping, with him out major problems. We had alot of Sophmores in at the end positions and our subs at our linebacker position. I really don't want to say the heat in which it was extemely hot over 90 , in mid day, plus a 5hr trip helped any. I don't want to make excuses for the boys, except they were not used to any of that. Its been pretty cool in the Panhandle. But as for the subbing, don't understand coaches philosophy, except that it wasn't a district game. After that first score in which it was 17-10, Perryton game back and was 2yds short of first down, then we had a penalty, next play something went really wrong and the QB was hammered trying to up the middle, don't get that one, guy with a 4.53 4O 6'3" up the middle against 295lb 6'6" lineman, go figure? any way they scored next play. now we are tied. We have a chance to win , 50 yd pass in the hands of our flanker he drops the ball, no defender was near him by at least 10yds. It would have been a TD. Oh well, again they drive 60 yds down field with different people in , and there you have it , they scored again. Post is really an outstanding team, but so is Perryton,But all the reporters ever get is the final score. But, Post Coaches sure new how to take advantage of the subbing. But then again thats what they are suppose to do.

vet93
09-29-2002, 10:44 PM
FBM...thanks for the update...anyone can have an off night. Maybe the coach was trying to rest his guys due to the heat. Sounds like a good idea until someone takes advantage like Post did. I am sure that Perryton will rebound and be ready for district. I can certainly sympathize. My Bearcats have played some pretty good ball at times this year and have been pretty rotten too. Their loss to Greenwood doesn't seem quite as bad as it did earlier in the season but the loss to Breckenridge was one we shouldn't have let get away. Anyway...good luck on the rest of the season. Vet93

footballmaniac:
I can give you some insight on what happened to Perryton. First, we score again at the end of the 3rd Quarter. Then we started putting in the majority of the second string, in which Post then starts moving the ball up the middle all the way down for a score. That was the only time Post moved the ball on Perryton, is when all the subbing began. We didn't have any consistency, reason for coaches doing that, one of two reasons, 1st. I know for a fact our middle linebacker started cramping, with him out major problems. We had alot of Sophmores in at the end positions and our subs at our linebacker position. I really don't want to say the heat in which it was extemely hot over 90 , in mid day, plus a 5hr trip helped any. I don't want to make excuses for the boys, except they were not used to any of that. Its been pretty cool in the Panhandle. But as for the subbing, don't understand coaches philosophy, except that it wasn't a district game. After that first score in which it was 17-10, Perryton game back and was 2yds short of first down, then we had a penalty, next play something went really wrong and the QB was hammered trying to up the middle, don't get that one, guy with a 4.53 4O 6'3" up the middle against 295lb 6'6" lineman, go figure? any way they scored next play. now we are tied. We have a chance to win , 50 yd pass in the hands of our flanker he drops the ball, no defender was near him by at least 10yds. It would have been a TD. Oh well, again they drive 60 yds down field with different people in , and there you have it , they scored again. Post is really an outstanding team, but so is Perryton,But all the reporters ever get is the final score. But, Post Coaches sure new how to take advantage of the subbing. But then again thats what they are suppose to do.

footballmaniac
09-30-2002, 07:00 AM
Thanks for the sympathy. People in the community are pretty aggitated on how that one turned out. But, like you said, put it behind you and move on. We are open this week, then we start district play. I just want to say something to you guys about everyone giving Borger all these kudos. Saw them play the other night, I belive Post is stronger than they are. No joke!but, I know they get all this attention because of there classification but Perryton should handle them. They will be coming to Perryton to play also , and it will be the first home game for Perryton in 5 weeks. I want to think the boys will be fired up to play on thier home field. All I care about is that Perryton wins district, with either Borger or Canyon right behind them. We definitely don't want to think about going big school again in the playoffs.Playing Everman last year was like a JR. College playing a Big 12 school. Geez.... Only in TEXAS! If we were small school last year I truely believe we would have made it to the State Championship game.But, this is now, and we are hoping for a repeat. this bunch of senior boys are the best class that Perryton has had in years. Alot of depth.

pero chato
09-30-2002, 09:28 AM
Sounds like the Perryton coach was attempting two things by subbing with such a close score. 1. To avoid dehydration injuries--they might not have been prepared for the 90+ heat. 2. To develop some depth for the district and playoff run. Defense especially needs depth since they appear to tire quicker than offense (I don't know why.) Anyway, Perryton will bounce back I'm sure. Besides, we're all 0-0 now, right? Good luck!