PDA

View Full Version : Horn 31 Forney 10

3afan2K3
09-05-2003, 10:20 PM
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! :mad:
TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS, TURNOVERS
5 in all by the Jackrabbits, 3 in a row inside their own 40 which one ended up in a Horn TD, the other a missed field goal, and the last a made field goal. But horn was just WAY bigger and faster than Forney! The best team we have played except for Everman in the last couople of years.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

spiveyrat
09-05-2003, 10:27 PM
Forney lost??? eek!

aamove
09-05-2003, 10:30 PM
The worst 3rd quarter I've ever seen Forney play. They just could not hang onto the ball. 4 Turnovers, what a mess.

sprinklerman
09-05-2003, 10:32 PM
ouch!

aamove
09-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Horn has a good team. Forney hung with them until the third quarter and just fell apart. If it wasn't for the turnovers The Rabbits would have had a chance. Hopefully they can pull it together for Mabank next week.

3afan2K3
09-05-2003, 10:42 PM
The good thing is the players showed good sportsmanship and nobody got hurt.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

3afan
09-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Horn was BIG ... biggest team i'v ever seen the Rabbits play. but, it was non-district game, no injuries, so they'll only learn from it and get better (thats what good programs do). and the stadium - GREAT. both sides were full, what a sight. already looking forward to next week vs. mabank.

aamove
09-05-2003, 10:56 PM
3afan:
Horn was BIG ... biggest team i'v ever seen the Rabbits play. but, it was non-district game, no injuries, so they'll only learn from it and get better (thats what good programs do). and the stadium - GREAT. both sides were full, what a sight. already looking forward to next week vs. mabank.Yes, you are right on all your points. And I've never seen Forney try so many different formations on offense. It shows that coach Rush is willing to try to mix it up. It was a very good first half. Defense still needs to step it up a little though.

eye of the tiger
09-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Sorry for your loss. I had heard that Horn was going to be good this year. No injuries is a plus coming out of a frustrating game. Good luck on the rest of your games except on the 19th. Fair luck for that day.

surfspike
09-05-2003, 11:37 PM
reading this thread, it reminded me of when forney played Lindale in lindale about 4 yrs ago. That team was just huge. Forney got beat something like 42-16. Must be something in the water.

BigDog
09-05-2003, 11:51 PM
Forney gave this game away with the turnovers. I think there was 7 in all and four consective possesions with turnovers. This game reminded me of a game several years ago with Italy. We had the same problem last week in Aledo holding on to the ball. I also noted we had several penalties that were drive and momentum stoppers as well. Horn looked like a good team which we expected; however, we made them look great with the way we played. I'm sure the coaching staff will work on elimating the penalties and holding on to the ball. I fully expect Forney to bounce back and make a run and finishing the season strong.

cajun1
09-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Forney keep your head up and keep pushing
forward and learn by your mistakes so you can come a better team which you know that yall are!
We beat our self last night too against Lindale..
Good Luck in the Future and look forward to seeing yall in the first round:)
:cool: :cool: :cool:

the tigers are back
09-06-2003, 09:38 AM
I don't know much about your region, but the team that beat forney is they a 3a school. What div. are they in; are they that good ,because i never heard of them. Also do commernce play forney this year and is it a dist. game.

3afan2K3
09-06-2003, 09:46 AM
the tigers are back:
I don't know much about your region, but the team that beat forney is they a 3a school. What div. are they in; are they that good ,because i never heard of them. Also do commernce play forney this year and is it a dist. game.Horn is a very good 4A team ranked 18 by collier-sharp, and yes Forney plays commerce(ranked #20 by c-sharp) on SEP 19 in commerce(none-district)

<small>[ September 06, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

Showtime33
09-06-2003, 02:26 PM
I went to the game last night and I dont know if it was just a bad night or what but Forney didnt look near as good as they were a year ago. Horn had sucess running the ball all night. Forney will have to also do a better job of taking care of the football.

Rabbit'93
09-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Horn is a good team and they made the Rabbits pay for their mistakes. I do have to agree that Forney just didn't look as god as they have.

merlin69
09-06-2003, 09:32 PM
definitly not the ideal offensive showing from the forney backfield. the turnovers definitely didnt help out the the young defense which is still learning. senior leadership wasnt much involved in this one either.

SintonFan
09-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Tough loss Forney, but you guys will bounce back!

jason
09-06-2003, 09:42 PM
merlin69:
definitly not the ideal offensive showing from the forney backfield. the turnovers definitely didnt help out the the young defense which is still learning. senior leadership wasnt much involved in this one either.were u at the game?

crzyjournalist03
09-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Turnovers can't be coached. Just a bad day. period. If we had had better ball control, we probably come out on top. I don't think that we'll see another performance like that from our guys for the rest of this year.