PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Gainsville Dudes...

Gobbla2001
09-22-2003, 12:16 AM
Thought you guys might be interested in this:

http://www.allsports.com/cgi-bin/forum2/showflat.pl?Cat=65440&Board=HSTXFootball&Number=540150&page=1&view=collapsed&sb=5

Gobbla2001
09-22-2003, 11:57 AM
TTT

MonkeyJoe
09-22-2003, 01:22 PM
i think i counted more people rooting for gainesville...
and geeze, where do people come up with these stories ?

Keith7
09-22-2003, 01:26 PM
i was playing in the game lastyear so i dont know how the crowd was.. but i can gurentee that they didnt act like they were saying..

they have another thread like that on texasprepxtra.com

DarkWing
09-22-2003, 04:19 PM
MonkeyJoe:
and geeze, where do people come up with these stories ?I have witnessed some real nastiness from the Gainsville fans and players. Most of the fans are probably good ole folks but the ugly ones don't help the image of the good ones. Ganisville players marched out to the center of Bobcat field last year and spit on the "C". That was real character. Before that game, a fan hastled my pastor, at the concession stand, with a real foul mouth.

MonkeyJoe
09-22-2003, 04:24 PM
Celina has their 'stories' about the fans,
Gainesville has their 'excuses' about the refs.
Leave it alone.
It was last year.

mr.leopard man
09-22-2003, 11:05 PM
Your right...let the players and coaches decide on it on the field.. I have heard Celina wants to move the game to denton unt field...but Gainesville wont do it because Celina wouldnt last year..SHOULD BE A BIG GAME..both will prob be 7-0 at the time of the game when they meet oct 24...as far as leopards spitting on the field.. i must of missed that.. i was there at the game at 5 pm and that didnt happen.i was on ther 50 yard line so i think i would have seen then marching and doing that.. anyway should be a packed house that night.. good luck to both teams. :D

Keith7
09-23-2003, 01:59 AM
DarkWing:

MonkeyJoe:
and geeze, where do people come up with these stories ?I have witnessed some real nastiness from the Gainsville fans and players. Most of the fans are probably good ole folks but the ugly ones don't help the image of the good ones. Ganisville players marched out to the center of Bobcat field last year and spit on the "C". That was real character. Before that game, a fan hastled my pastor, at the concession stand, with a real foul mouth.everyone acts like we only spit on celina's C.. but we spit on everybodysand its been a tradition for years... it means that we are leaving everything out on the field.. and i've played tons of baseball and i've seen plenty of schools run out to our centerfield sign and spit on it, but no one ever comments on that...

Gobbla2001
09-23-2003, 02:06 AM
There are only 4 years in your life, all consecutive, that you have the oppurtunity to spit on someone's field, have fun, let it all lose...

As long as no one's getting hurt, and as long as it's not something you have to be 18 or older to see, I don't see why it should be too bad...

I mean, I wouldn't want my kids spittin' on someone's field-logo, and accually, I'd tell 'em not to...

BUT, this happens all over Texas, not just in Gainsville...

Take it easy on the Leps, they're not the only ones caught up in 48 minutes of complete hatred for their opponents...

Rabbit'93
09-23-2003, 10:43 AM
I said this last year and I'll say it again. It's not that big of a deal if you take care of business on the field. In the big scheme of things it's actually very petty.

I'd hate to get tackled at midfield however. :D wink

DarkWing
09-23-2003, 03:10 PM
MonkeyJoe:
Celina has their 'stories' about the fans,
Gainesville has their 'excuses' about the refs.
Leave it alone.
It was last year.You asked where these storie come from. Last year is where they come from. Many won't understand a spitting type of tradition. This may be one of those traditions Gainsville should avoid to improve team image.

I don't have to go far to find fault. Celina folks tend to beleave that calls aginst thier players are personnal attacks by the refs. People are sensitive about such things.