PDA

View Full Version : Your school's all-time team

therealbulldogs
09-19-2003, 12:38 AM
Somebody did this a long time ago before a lot of you were on here so I thought that it would be neat to do again. I'll post Bandera tomorrow when I get some more time. Anybody else from Bandera please feel free to add your picks.

BULLDOGFAN
09-19-2003, 07:20 AM
The 2002 - 2003 State Champion Team. Pure and simple. I remember a few individuals through the years that might have hads a little success but only because the team as a whole was never as talented as last years. An average player on last years team would have been a superstar any of the other years.

My take.

what it do
09-19-2003, 10:39 AM
sweetwater: (these are only the ones i know of so some other swater people help me out)

qb: carrillo, i'll say it till the day that i die, this kid is a player, with a close backup of andrew boatright quarterback back when we were 4a and dominated int the mid to late 90's. reminded me alot of carrillo

hb: shaun carr, this dude could move and i think he went to tech, but i'm not sure. willie amos, what else can i say about this kid,he had 2000+ yds rushing his sophomore year and is playing in the secondary for nebraska, also to tell what kind of an athelete he is, he and a couple other guys won the national jump rope contest.

fb: moses brown this guy was intimidating if nothing else to look at and could do pretty much anything, but unfortunately he got in an accident and didnt make it

wr's: this is hard to say because of sweetwater's lack of throwing the ball since forever ago, but there have been several quality ones lately in rickey wilson, robert henson, and randyn tenery despite his size

te: tough one...... i'm not really sure about this one i dont really know of many good ones in the past, and jonathan atkins had the size for it (6'6" 220) but no hands, and jonathan glover had the hands i think, but no size. i'm gonna leave this open i guess

lt: andrew teel

lg: dean mayfield

c: daniel price

rg: brian johnson

rt: andrew vargas i guess, even though he's not big, he is a man

de's: jarod shelton, and jiles montgomery

dt's: dont really remember any so i'll just say our good ones from this past season, josh guzman and clyde delao. these guys can play

lb: this is a tough one, grant cherry, maybe ryan baker, i dont really know of alot of ones from the past

cb: willie amos, since he is starting at this position for nebraska once he gets healed, and yes i would start him both ways. cant think of anyone else at the moment

fs: mike welch, played on the state champion team in 85 and went on to be an all american at baylor

ss: definantly jonathan palafox, he's playin for angelo state and i've heard definantly goin to the league

k: robert reed, the dude would kick fieldgoals on kickoffs

p: terry henson, yeah thats right the carpet guy that does so much for the football program. they said he kicked a 77 yard punt

District303aPastPlayer
09-19-2003, 11:07 AM
I will list only players i have played with or watched on this one...
Sinton:
QB(no one will agree here) David Sherrer/Jeremy Burnell
RBS: Robert Hughes, Craig Jones, Marcus Charles, Matt Smith (2000 yds senior year)
TE: Kris Lamb
OL: Bobby Trujillo, Shawn Moody, Patrick Keishneck, Alex Torres(C), George Gonzales
Kicker: JERRY JURACH

Defense:
DT/DE: Curt Jones
LB: Britain, S. Salone(OLB), Marcum
Secondary: Chance Schmidt, Emi Alaniz
i only know some new era players... im not to sure about the ones from before like 96...

<small>[ September 19, 2003, 11:13 AM: Message edited by: District303aPastPlayer ]</small>

therealbulldogs
09-19-2003, 11:54 AM
Sorry but this is who I think is that Bandera all time football team. It doesn't go back very far but I think anybody that has followed Bandera for the past 10 years will agree with me. Well maybe except for my pick for kicker.

Offense:
QB- Todd Knutson, 2001, 6-4 215, All State and All District MVP, now 260 lbs. and playing TE at TAMUK and still running a 4.5 40 yard dash

FB- Jonathan Bossom, 1998, sure TD in red zone

TB- Dustin Heep, 2003, 5-10 215, 1st team all state w/ over 2000 yards sr. year for state champions

WR- Andy Blount, 2001, 6-4 215, 22 receiving TDs sr. year, 1st team all state, now 260 lbs. playing TE for UNT, last week had 3 catches for 56 yards and a TD

WR- Jason Hearn, 1995, all state in football and track, high jumped 6-10, started at TE for SWT

TE- Jerod Fields, 2000, 6-7 280, signed w/ OU, started a few games at OT, was a freshman all-american, out for career because of back injury

OT- Bill Wyman, 1995, 6-4 300, all state, started for SWT

OG- Colton Sells, 2003, 6-3 265, 1st team all state, 1st team all great SA, 1st team all district, walk on at Texas A&M

C- Dylan Jackson, 2002, 6-1 225, 1st team all district, 1st team greater SA

OG- Walker Williamson, 2001, 6-1 260, all state on both sides of the ball, 1st team all district, 1st team greater SA

OT- Jay Pease, 1998, 6-4 240, all state and all district

Defense:
DL- Bryan Jacobs, 2003, 240 lbs, all state and all district, recorded about 15 sacks last season

DL-Walker Williamson, all state

DL-Mike Taulbert, 2002, 6-1 225, defensive district MVP

DL- Chris Hensley, early 90's, 6-4 240, all american and Lone Star Conference MVP for TAMUK playing MLB

LB- Tim Hickman, 1995, all state, had over 200 tackles sr. year

LB- Pat Mazurek, 1998, started at QB, LB, and was an all state kicker

LB- Kenny Mazurek, 2001, 6-0 215, little brother of Pat, 1st team greater SA, district defensive MVP, 180 tackles sr. year, also started at FB, throws hammer now at the Air Force Academy

DB- Kenny Reed, 2002, all state football and 1st team greater SA, baseball all state also

DB- Shawn Stevens, 2001, 6-4 185, older brother of zach stevens, all district football and basketball, all state pitcher, now playing baseball at navarro

DB- Jason Hearn

DB- Justin Knight, 1998, 6-4, all state DB, all district basketball, now plays guitar in the band Rune, www.runerock.com (http://www.runerock.com)

Kicker- Pat Mazurek- all state, longest FG I saw was 47 yards, split the up rights on kickoff more than once

Punter- Tim Gard, 1998, averaged 40 yards a punt