PDA

View Full Version : Probable first round matchups

wildstangs
10-21-2002, 08:19 PM
Who is your teams probable first round game against? What do you think your chances are?

Still unsure in our district. Looks like Snyder is gonna be the champs. Sweetwater and Merkel will battle for the 2nd and 3rd. Very important game, as the loser will likely have to face Greenwood in the first round.

Rabbit'93
10-21-2002, 11:50 PM
Forney's first playoff game will be with Wills Point. Should be an awesome first round game. The Point should enter the game undefeated and in the top ten. If Forney wins a couple tough district games they will enter with one loss and maybe a spot in top ten.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
10-22-2002, 01:38 AM
Port Isabel's bi-district opponent should more than likely be either Orange Grove, or Bishop. All depends on how they finish. Zapata is pretty much out of it, and Falfurrias isn't doing too well either. If there's a darkhorse in that district, it would be Hebbronville, and the team the Longhorns would knock out would be Falfurrias. Falfurrias has already beaten Zapata. If THAT happens, then Hebbronville would most likely be Port Isabel's bi-district opponent.

If OG, Bishop and Fal make the playoffs, Fal would be the Div. I representative.
If Hebbronville, OG, and Bishop advanced, Bishop would be the Div. I representative. Hebbronville most likely being the lower ranked team.

Ugh...District 31 is such a freakin' mess. We never know EXACTLY who we'll end up playing until after week 9, or most times, week 10. But we've pretty much got it narrowed down to Orange Grove, and Bishop being most likely opponents, and Hebbronville a possible opponent if they pull off another upset.

Port Isabel's chances of advancing......very good. Port Isabel annihilated Falfurrias 34-6 in a non-district game in week 2. Even though right now they don't seem to be doing so well, they WERE picked to win district 31 by Texas Football Magazine (The Bible)

dab
10-22-2002, 08:20 AM
Gatesville has pretty much wrapped up the Division I spot in 17-AAA.

Unless Caldwell comes on strong, it looks like a rematch with Cameron.

Gatesville defeated Cameron 21-7 earlier, but I know Pittman and the Yoemen will be ready to play.

Go Caldwell!!!!

bd0707
10-22-2002, 08:46 AM
It is shaping up like this in district 25; Burnet will likely play Somerset as they are the large school in district 26. Somerset will probably place second in their district behind La Vernia, who will probably finish their season undefeated. This would leave La Vernia to play either Bandera(for a second time) or Liberty Hill as the runner up. At the risk of raising the hair on the backs of some Panthers, I will predict eek! Liberty Hill as the runner-up losing to Lavernia in the first round. :D Bandera beating Poteet. :cool: Burnet beating Somerset.

QBKilla
10-22-2002, 09:46 AM
Barbers Hill and Bridge City! One of the best 1st round matches in the state. Go Eagles!

russ31
10-22-2002, 12:35 PM
North Lamar vs Gainsville ... NL by 3 touchdowns.. hehehe.. yeah right.. we'll lose but i'd like to see if we'll be competitive.. i guess i'll get an indication when we play commerce in week 10 frown

HornetPride
10-22-2002, 12:38 PM
Don't bank on Caldwell coming on strong. When another team scores or - Heaven forbid - takes a lead of more than three points, the team gets depressed and turns the ball over instead of getting pumped to come back.
Marlin 44, Caldwell 0

whsfan
10-22-2002, 04:03 PM
Wylie & Graham should be a given for a first round matchup. Should be a good game.

75isaHaus
10-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Bellville and Elgin will be playing first round. The outcome will not be that same as last time....hopefully Navasota will step it up and be the D1 school. I want Bellville and Celina to play in D2,and also see what Newton has.

PantherEatDog
10-22-2002, 07:51 PM
Liberty Hill is not going to lose to La Vernia because they won't be playing each other the first round.

PPHSfan
10-22-2002, 08:49 PM
Well if we can pull together and win the next three (not unheard of since we played our two toughest games first) then we will most likely meet the winner of the Commerce-Quinlan game, and Celina will get the loser. I think it goes without saying that while I really like Eye of the Tiger, I will be pulling for Quinlan in that matchup. :D :D :D