PDA

View Full Version : Newton better than expected-Bc coaching worse

classof 85
11-05-2001, 03:18 PM
Newton had an excepional ball club and I don't think we could have beaten them if we did have a coach that new what a balanced attack was.I guarentee you it would have been ckoser though.
This Newton team has loads of possibillities (good Luck)!!!!!
Sorry about writing this on Monday but I've been working nights.

P.S. Anyone want to trade Coaches?

bccards
11-05-2001, 05:31 PM
why is it always blamed on the coaches?? Coach Conway is a very exceptional coach if you ask me.. Let's let the coaches do the coaching, and the fans cheer on the team.. We lost to a very powerful Newton team.. let it be at that. Bridge City is still a fairly good ball club..

Old Cardinal
11-05-2001, 06:28 PM
Dear BC Card, When a Coach runs the Quarterback draw FOUR times in a row sending the QB without blocking in front of him, its time to complain. The fact that Luke Wofford sustained a deep shoulder injury during this silly Coaching effort is sad. If I were the School Board President, there would be a called meeting that Friday night! I understand the youth with the hurt neck(stinger) is much better and the boy with the Deep Concussion will be much slower to recover. "Class of '85" has a right to complain, maybe it will keep some other young lad from being hurt by insensitive Coaching.

Birdman
11-05-2001, 11:03 PM
Old Cardinal is getting smarter every week. He has all the answers. And he is a "sensitive" coach. Which one are you on the sideline? By the way, I missed those four consecutive draw plays. Perhaps three of those were the QB running for his life on a pass plays. I guess all this makes sense though. Dan Hooks was a genius last year in WOS getting to the Finals. This year he seems to be an idiot according to those coaches in their stands. Maybe if Hooks and Conway went back to coaching Jr. Midgets and PeeWees like the coaches in the stands, they would get smarter again.

Husker98
11-06-2001, 01:42 PM
Don't blame it on the coaches. Newton just outplayed Bridge City. BC has a good football team, but they are not as good as Newton. It's as simple as that. I wish Bridge City the best of luck in the playoffs, and I hope those injured players make a speedy recovery. Ya'll should make a good run in the playoffs in D1.

TRY ME - I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS

classof 85
11-06-2001, 01:57 PM
I think Coach Conway is a very sensitive guy and a nice man ,as a coach he is a pathetic excuse.I've said this since he came in 2 seasons ago.
Coach Conway needs to get rid of his I can run on anybody ,and if not I'll run anyway attitude.
Don't get me wrong these kids can run on anyone but you have to tkrow the ball a few times when the defense has 10 men on the line,another thing is whats up with never blocking the defensive end on the playside on rollout passes.After 3 seasons and 30 passes someone should catch on that this isn't working. our kids are playing their rearends off and winning some ball games but when they play anybody that can stop the run he still refuses to throw the ball and it's over.
I liked your comment about Peewee or junior midget but Conway's the one who should be coaching them.And if you actually think he is a good coach then I hope you go with him as a staff member when he leaves, Ya'll should get along thinking alike.

Husker98
11-06-2001, 02:02 PM
It looked to me like the defensive ends were beating Bridge City's o-line off the ball and just running around them.

TRY ME - I'LL MAKE YOU FAMOUS

Old Cardinal
11-06-2001, 02:20 PM
Birdman: First of all, I've never heard Hooks called a genius-I've heard Cornell Thompson called a genius, but remember he left this year. You know that "Class of '85" fellow was offered scholarships to any Div. I NCAA he wanted to go to! So just because, a fellow has the smarts to get a Degree in Science and Engineering does not make him forget his knowledge and love for football. Getting a Degree in P.E. and having your "A"'s in P.E. does not necessarily make you a genius either. Yes the BC stands are full of Folks that played a lot of football- the smart ones are called Chemist, Economist, CEO's, CFO's, CPA's, Engineers, etc: Some are making 4 times more money than you! Fans have always had the right to their opinion-if you can't take the heat, stay out of the chat rooms.

classof 85
11-06-2001, 02:38 PM
I agree that the ends beat our line from timr to time but when there is 10 guys that close to the line which one do you block.
You have to make them respect the pass,enough said!Did you see something I didn't? I dom't even remember us dropping back to hint we were thinking about passing,all I saw was drop back and run the ball!!!!!!!!!