PDA

View Full Version : Best 3a Coaching Job

GopherMan
02-06-2003, 01:46 PM
What would everyone say is the best 3a job in the state? Back up your choice with facts, ie. Stadium, Pay, Fan-Booster Support, Athletes, Administrative Support, area of state, chances of winning state championship, stuff like that. :)

HotDawg89
02-06-2003, 02:16 PM
I promise this is not biased- but I would have to say Burnet is very hot right now. We are returning a great team next year.--Likely will be back in it for another chance at a championship game. Have a terrific stadium, fans and boosters are unreal- the band program is phenomenal. You couldn't ask to work with a better group of kids, or coaches. Tremendous athletes... The pay is good, maybe not great- I heard Shipley was offered a lot more at a bigger school , but said no this year...they better approve a raise for him or there are going to be a lot of hot people around here if we lose him.

The coaches here get a great deal of support from administration and so forth.

I think it would be fair to say that Burnet carried the biggest crowd of fans I have ever seen to any out of town games. I know there were well over 10,000 at the finals. Not bad for a town that has that small town thing going on- we've only got a population of about 5000. We averaged 7200 per regular season games, but the numbers grew higher and higher each week after that.

It's beautiful here too. The bluebonnet capital...lots of hills and scenery. This is the place I want my kids to always call home- no matter where the job takes my family.

Jacket2000
02-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Presidio, without a doubt.
J2K

Matthew328
02-06-2003, 11:57 PM
Come on J2K how bout Whitney?? or Godley?

Seriously there are a lot of good jobs...to classify one as the best would be difficult...5 that come to mind...Burnet, Everman, Sinton, Forney and Jasper....just becuase of the talent at these schools..but there are plenty of other great jobs...

Jacket2000
02-07-2003, 12:29 AM
But how many of those other schools would you only have to work for 4 to 5 weeks? LOL
J2K

sinton66
02-07-2003, 07:24 AM
Apparantly, Sinton is a great place to be a head coach/athletic director if your career ambitions include coaching at the 4A-5A level. We seem to lose them on a regular basis to it.

greendog fan
02-07-2003, 06:10 PM
sinton66:
Apparantly, Sinton is a great place to be a head coach/athletic director if your career ambitions include coaching at the 4A-5A level. We seem to lose them on a regular basis to it.All most lost Coach Shipley to Temple. He realized what he had in Burnet next year and decided to stay. I think he may decide to move on up next year after football, but he said he will be back for at least one more year. Guess he thinks a state championship will look better on his applacation after next year.

VWG
02-08-2003, 09:53 PM
I would say you have to throw Abilene Wylie job into the mix. School has numbers(maybe even too close to 4A), good athletes, and the community really supports all of the programs. They probably are paying a good bit to keep Sandifer too. He's been there for ages and has probably had offers to leave, but he remains at 3A Abilene Wylie. Gotta have something to do with the $$$$.

Now, for the safest job around.... try Graham.
Go 0 for the last 4 years in the playoffs and feel no heat. Go figure......