PDA

View Full Version : Predictions On Sweetwater vs. Vernon

SwtwtrMstngs04
11-25-2003, 04:18 PM
This will be a very interesting game to see. I have heard that Vernon has a good defense. Im glad i get to go to this one cant wait.

Dink&dunk7
11-25-2003, 05:28 PM
I will go with Vernon in a close game.

CatWoman
11-25-2003, 05:32 PM
SwtwtrMstngs04:
This will be a very interesting game to see. I have heard that Vernon has a good defense. Im glad i get to go to this one cant wait.I think it's a toss up, but I'm leaning toward Sweetwater.

oneheartbeat
11-25-2003, 06:25 PM
vernon has both a good defense and offense goin it will be a tough fought game but we just need to stay prepared mentally so when saturday rolls around we can be ready to go out and get a victory

kaorder1999
11-25-2003, 06:41 PM
im going to go with Vernon on this one. They beat a good Decatur team

bulldog34
11-25-2003, 07:26 PM
I havent seen Vernon this year but they always do have a good team but ive seen Sweetwater play and they have a good team this year im goin for sweetwater

stripes
11-25-2003, 08:25 PM
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.

Stangster
11-26-2003, 12:21 AM
stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.

rudy5307
11-26-2003, 02:39 AM
I'll take the Mustangs. For some reason all they seem to do is win when it counts, and anytime there's a Currillo in the backfield you know they will be explosive. As far as the Lions, did a good job of taking advantage of Decatur's mistakes last week but I dont know what will happen when they have to go more than 35 yards for scores. Stopping the relentless option of the Mustangs will be the key, and thats a whole lot easier said then done. Good luck to both teams and I believe both represent region 1 well

Ranger Mom
11-26-2003, 09:23 AM
I'm looking for Sweetwater to take this one. As of this moment, I plan on being there. I thought my daughter and I would hit the mall first thing Saturday morning and shop until right before kick-off.

Shopping and football - what a great combo!!! :D

Stangster
11-26-2003, 01:13 PM
Sweetwater takes this one. Go Mustangs!

Knightmoon
11-27-2003, 09:35 AM
Sweetwater will cruise past Vernon. Sweetwater's defense is rock solid.

bleedgreen
11-27-2003, 10:52 AM
After what Vernon did to Decatur.....I'm picking Vernon by 8.

stripes
11-27-2003, 12:41 PM
Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I CAN HAVE ANY REASON I WANT TO. Thats the beauty of having an oppinion and being able to state it. Did it ever enter your mind that sweetwater may be beaten this week? Vernon by 10

<small>[ November 27, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: stripes ]</small>

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-27-2003, 09:32 PM
I think this will be a close one. Something like 17-10 or 17-13 maybe even a 14-7. Both teams have good defenses. I think both team's defenses are better than the other team's offenses so look for a low scoring game. I would like to see Vernon throw the ball if Sweetwater stuffs the run. The problem with that is Vernon only throws it a few times a game.

This should make for a good game and field position, special teams, and turnovers could make the difference in this one.

Of course I would like to see my Lions win this one but the only prediction I can give is that it will be close because both of these teams are good football teams. I don't think either team will dominate the other. Just good ol' West Texas smash mouth football.

Z motion 10 out on 2
11-27-2003, 09:34 PM
I'll be at the game and would like to meet any of the other posters at half. Who will be there?

GlenRosePoster
11-27-2003, 09:53 PM
I think Vernon will take this one by 14 or more. Sweetwater is about as one dimensional as you can get. Unless you have athletes like Everman did last year then being one dimensional will not get you very far.

Ranger05
11-27-2003, 09:56 PM
It will be a close game but i think Sweetwater will take this one.

Ranger Mom
11-27-2003, 10:02 PM
Z motion 10 out on 2:
I'll be at the game and would like to meet any of the other posters at half. Who will be there?Ranger Mom and Ranger Daughter will be there!! :D

wildstangs
11-27-2003, 10:23 PM
GlenRosePoster:
I think Vernon will take this one by 14 or more. Sweetwater is about as one dimensional as you can get. Unless you have athletes like Everman did last year then being one dimensional will not get you very far.One dimensional but playing in the third round of the playoffs. How is Glen Rose Bball going?

Ranger Mom
11-27-2003, 10:29 PM
Hey Wildstangs, are you gonna be there?

Da Mules
11-27-2003, 10:38 PM
Lord willing, da Mules will be there. :) Love to meet you guys!

wildstangs
11-28-2003, 12:12 AM
Ranger Mom:
Hey Wildstangs, are you gonna be there?Yes Ma'am. We having another meeting?

oneheartbeat
11-28-2003, 12:46 PM
i'm gonna be there cause i can't ride with the team yet but hopefully next week i can

mustang04
11-28-2003, 03:47 PM
of course.....ill be there hehe :D

bubba_chuck_34
11-29-2003, 02:54 PM
Sweetwater will take this game pretty easily their defence will take care of Vernons triple threat. Sweetwaters offence might not be as good as it was with Bishop. Is Carillo going to start or is the one back form the injury.
Sweetwater 24- Vernon 10

fury900
11-29-2003, 05:20 PM
VERNON 6 VS. SWEETWATER 3 F :D

stripes
11-29-2003, 10:23 PM
Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D

Stangster
11-29-2003, 11:50 PM
<small>[ November 29, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: Stangster ]</small>

Stangster
11-29-2003, 11:51 PM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D Your reasoning was still faulty, regardless of the outcome. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally. Logic still prevails. As they say,"A stopped clock is right twice a day." I only give credit where credit is due. Nice try.

Stangster
11-29-2003, 11:55 PM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D Your reasoning was still faulty, regardless of the outcome. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally. I only give credit where credit is due. As they say,"A stopped clock is right twice a day." Logic still prevails. Nice try.

Stangster
11-30-2003, 12:01 AM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D Your reasoning is still faulty, regardless of the outcome. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally. I only give credit where credit is due. As the old saying goes,"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day." Nice try!

Stangster
11-30-2003, 12:05 AM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D

Stangster
11-30-2003, 12:07 AM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:

Stangster
11-30-2003, 12:09 AM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:

Stangster
11-30-2003, 12:15 AM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D Your reasoning is still faulty, regardless of the outcome. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally. I only give credit where credit is due. As the old saying goes,"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day." Logic still prevails. Nice try!

stripes
11-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Stangster:

stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D Your reasoning is still faulty, regardless of the outcome. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally. I only give credit where credit is due. As the old saying goes,"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day." Logic still prevails. Nice try!Vernon WON. you were wrong. I predicted it right.
Oh and By the way . Its a great thing Wylie and snyder did not play in the mustang Bowl. WHY? There was over 10,000 people there.

Knightmoon
11-30-2003, 11:42 AM
Vernon better get ready for Kennedale. They have a lot of speed in key postions, both offensively and defensivley. Should be a good game to see. Anybody know where or when?

wildstangs
11-30-2003, 12:40 PM
Stripes and Knightmoon, sorry to see your teams go down also. 3-3A had a great year and the playoffs just showed how tough the top 3 spots in our district where. Maybe we will be able to stick together after February.

xlr8tor
11-30-2003, 03:00 PM
Stangster:

stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D Your reasoning is still faulty, regardless of the outcome. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally. I only give credit where credit is due. As the old saying goes,"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day." Logic still prevails. Nice try!Is there an echo in here? Or maybe multiple echos? Just my take.

Ranger Mom
11-30-2003, 03:03 PM
There is definately a problem on the board. I have tried to start a "new topic" twice and it won't let me. It seems you can respond, but not post a new one. I noticed no new posts have been started today!!

Buffalo
11-30-2003, 09:19 PM
I would like to see 3-3A stick together. Great football played every friday night. Congrats to everyone in the District and the 3 that rep. the Dist. in the play-offs

Stangster
12-01-2003, 11:03 PM
stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:

Stangster:

stripes:
Im going with Vernon too. I believe they were ahead 7-0 in the first meeting before it was called.Your reasoning is lame. Sweetwater's offense never took the field. A single score doesn't predict the outcome of a game and it sure doesn't have any bearing on this week's game.I guess It was not so lame after all. LOL :D Your reasoning is still faulty, regardless of the outcome. Even a blind squirrel gets a nut occasionally. I only give credit where credit is due. As the old saying goes,"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day." Logic still prevails. Nice try!Vernon WON. you were wrong. I predicted it right.
Oh and By the way . Its a great thing Wylie and snyder did not play in the mustang Bowl. WHY? There was over 10,000 people there.I didn't say your prediction was wrong, I said your reasoning was faulty. There is a difference. I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer? Blind squirrel? Stopped clock? Hello? Surely your thinking is not that muddled.