PDA

View Full Version : Tonight on The History Channel...

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 05:16 PM
At 7:00 p.m. (Southeast Texas Time) The History Channel will air a show documenting a team's search for 3A and 4A football outside of the Golden Triangle...

Wonder if they found anything?

WOS92
02-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Dangit! I'll have to set my VCR to tape it. I'll be busy watching PBS. "Mysteries of the Universe" is airing a special titled "Prohibited Pride." It follows high school football teams from all over Texas, investigating why it irks them that fans from another region tend to pull for teams in their area. wink

<small>[ February 08, 2004, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: WOS92 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 05:28 PM
Really? My only other VCR will be recording the Travel Channel... They have a show on tonight called "Hey, Golden Trianglers, THERE ARE OTHER PARTS OF TEXAS..."

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Let me clear that reply up before conclusions are made... It is not saying do not talk about the teams in your area, it's just saying that other areas do exist, so the Golden Triangle's top ten isn't the state's top ten as well...

And no, I'm not talking to you...

ThaRealBulldog
02-08-2004, 07:07 PM
My channel guide on dish network says Sniper comes on history channel at 7. Are you sure it's the history channel?

Gobbla2001
02-08-2004, 07:10 PM
Sniper? Are you crappin' me?

Well @#%#%$^@#$!~~~!!!!

Guess I can watch the Travel Channel and record that show WOS92 was talking about...

Thanks for the heads up...

PPHSfan
02-08-2004, 07:13 PM
I must admit Gobbla, this was a clever post. I went and looked at the guide to see if it was on tonight too.

Ya got me. :D

Old Cardinal
02-08-2004, 08:20 PM
That was clever and really funny. You are down toward Bay City; did you see them play? Can you imagine a team that beat Bay City with most of the same boys, (with the exception of the Tailback) coming back this year to play 3A ball? Sorry, I do feel that they are the best team..I see folks from Vernon, Port Isabel, etc: touting their area teams-I think its only natural, if you think you have seen a great team in action that is returning the core of their players.....

j_dog
02-08-2004, 08:30 PM
Gobbla2001:
Let me clear that reply up before conclusions are made... It is not saying do not talk about the teams in your area, it's just saying that other areas do exist, so the Golden Triangle's top ten isn't the state's top ten as well...

And no, I'm not talking to you...Now I see what you mean. You are talking about the DFW coalition! If they can have their coalition up there, we can start one down in SE Texas! wink wink :p

slpybear the bullfan
02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
NO ONE LAUGHS AT THE D/FW COALITION!!!

wink

NOW, BRING ME THE COMFY CHAIR!!!

wink wink

St. Ivender
02-09-2004, 09:35 AM
slpybear the bullfan:
NO ONE LAUGHS AT THE D/FW COALITION!!!

wink

NOW, BRING ME THE COMFY CHAIR!!!

wink wink No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!!

St. Ivender
02-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I understand that region 3 is planning to secede from the UIL claiming football doesn't exist outside it.

ej2525
02-09-2004, 10:00 AM
OOOOHHHHHH..... The madness!!!!

NewStang
02-09-2004, 12:54 PM
Actually it does: Calallen and Ennis...

KIDDING

Old Tiger
02-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Sounda interesting.

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 08:59 PM
Old Cardinal:
That was clever and really funny. You are down toward Bay City; did you see them play? Can you imagine a team that beat Bay City with most of the same boys, (with the exception of the Tailback) coming back this year to play 3A ball? Sorry, I do feel that they are the best team..I see folks from Vernon, Port Isabel, etc: touting their area teams-I think its only natural, if you think you have seen a great team in action that is returning the core of their players.....They beat 'em pretty early too, didn't they? The Blackcats were under a new HC as well, weren't they?

1999, Cuero beats 4A Corpus Christi Calallen who makes the 3rd round of the playoffs... So Cuero must have done good that year in 3A... Ask Burnet... They put us out of our misery and sent us home 8-4...

1997... Cuero loses to Calallen by 7 points on a bad punt-snap late in the fourth quarter...

Calallen loses to La Marque by 4 or 7 (I forget) points in the semi's (5th round) in 4A... "Dang, so Cuero must have made state in little ole 3A"... Nah, try losing 31-0 in not the state game, not the semi's, but the Regional finals in 3A...

Both of those games? Yulp, WEEK ONE...

Consistancy is the key, my friend, without it you don't get through/to the playoffs... Sure Beating Bay City's a damn good accomplishment, but meaningless...

Until they show me what they can do with a good 3A team, I'm not rolling out the carpet...

DFW area? They talk about who they're playing next, and who they'd play when they made the playoffs...

When most (remember, not all) Burmuda Trianglers talk about football, they're talking about what top teams in the 'Angle' they've beaten etc...

Port Isabel? Hell, if the closest non-district 3A team was 200 miles from you what would you talk about? Besides, I've read them talk about a lot more than just PI...

Of course I understand you'll have High Schoolers coming on and saying "Oh, we're the best, oh we can't be beat, oh we're the best", that's more understandable, I understand Homerism in that aspect...

But when the majority or your top ten is from your area, it shows how much more you need to get out...

Much love, btw...

I am starting to love them Burnet fans a little more...

sinton66
02-09-2004, 09:15 PM
Who built that damn soap box for ya? :D

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 09:18 PM
sinton66:
Who built that damn soap box for ya? :D If you're talking to me, it's more like a soap...... triangle?

poncho
02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
Gobbla2001:

sinton66:
Who built that damn soap box for ya? :D If you're talking to me, it's more like a soap...... triangle?Good to see you back. :cool:

Old Cardinal
02-09-2004, 09:30 PM
I personally like Cuero, but I don't think they can hang with the Region III teams in the top 10 that I have listed.

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Old Cardinal:
I personally like Cuero, but I don't think they can hang with the Region III teams in the top 10 that I have listed.You're right, I just hope we don't make the playoffs so we don't have to deal with 'em...

sinton66
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Gobbla2001:

sinton66:
Who built that damn soap box for ya? :D If you're talking to me, it's more like a soap...... triangle?Had to razz you a little didn't I? wink

Gobbla2001
02-09-2004, 09:44 PM
I'm looking for a Bozo List like they have on the Pig... I don't think I'll be able to hold my tongue during this battle...

I'm sweatin' bullets and have a huge case of the red-ass over here...