PDA

View Full Version : Corey Fullbright fund?

SWTdawg
12-22-2002, 01:01 AM
Does anybody know how much money has been raised for Corey??? Just curious as to how much he has received, even though I know it won't be as much as he deserves...

bulldog65
12-22-2002, 01:51 AM
According to the Everman Booster Club treasurer a little over $17,000.00 has been deposited at Bank1, Everman as of Thursday the 19th. There were over one hundred letters received by the bank that day with well wishes and money. There are other fine Booster clubs collecting such as, Ennis,Sinton,Celina, and Burnet.I apologize if I have left anyone out. Today's BBQ and car show was a huge success at the school. We auctioned several items and did very well, one of Corey's teammates put up his 15-0 state championship ring that brought $1500.00, and the bidder then returned it to him. Another auctioned his UIL medal, one his letter jacket, it was very emotional. These kids don't have much, but they were willing to give all they had. I am very proud of the players, the school, and the community. Mark Cuban had a representive drop off a check for $10,000.00, and many other local area Booster clubs and busineses made contributions. We won't have a total for today until Monday or Tuesday. Thank you all and please keep Corey in your prayers.

<small>[ December 22, 2002, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: bulldog65 ]</small>

Goob
12-22-2002, 02:15 AM
We were down at the rig tonite singing some kareoke and they took up a fund for him there. I thought that was very classy and even tho we had already sent money to the bank one we gave some more. May GOD bless him!! :)

bulldog65
12-22-2002, 07:58 AM
Posted on Sun, Dec. 22, 2002

Community responds to injured player
By Bud Kennedy and Carlos Mendez
Star-Telegram Staff Writers

EVERMAN - Baseball's Texas Rangers, basketball's Dallas Mavericks and local car dealers have contributed the largest gifts yet for an Everman High School football player who suffered a broken neck making a clutch play in his team's state championship victory.

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban sent a $10,000 gift Saturday for Corey Fulbright, 17, of Fort Worth, who is paralyzed below his neck and hospitalized in San Antonio since the Dec. 14 injury.

A community barbecue benefit and auction Saturday raised $64,412.50, including Cuban's gift, Principal James Melton said. The Mavericks' check was delivered in the school parking lot to the cheers of more than 2,000 donors.

And Fulbright may have his choice of new vans. Regional Dodge dealers have teamed with the Rangers baseball team in offering Fulbright a specially equipped van.

Bruce Lowrie, a Chevrolet dealer in south Fort Worth not far from Fulbright's home in the Hallmark neighborhood, will give Fulbright a van made to specifications from surgeons at Brooke Army Medical Center, a dealership official said Saturday.

The Rangers had already announced that they would give Fulbright a $40,000 Dodge van when he, his mother and two younger brothers return from San Antonio.

Greg McElroy, the Rangers' executive vice president for sales and marketing, visited the Bulldogs defensive back Thursday in his hospital room.

"It was wonderful to meet the family, but obviously, we left the hospital with a big lump in our throats," McElroy said. "It's a sad, tragic, tragic thing. ... We're happy to have been able to do something."

The donation was arranged Thursday with help from Mike Lowry, general manager of Allen Samuels Dodge in Fort Worth.

"It was pretty special, especially at this time of year, to have the ability to do something like that," McElroy said. "The two organizations were bound and determined to make something happen and got it done very quickly."

The gifts from the barbecue went to an Everman Booster Club account dedicated to Fulbright at a south Fort Worth bank, Melton said.

The Corey Fulbright Fund at Bank One will be overseen by booster club officials, Melton said. Donations continue to be made to the fund, which was promoted state- wide Saturday during Fox Sports Southwest state championship telecasts.

How to help

Ways to help Everman football player Corey Fulbright, who is hospitalized in San Antonio with a neck injury:

• Donations: Bank One, 1000 Everman Parkway, Fort Worth, TX 76140, or call Debbie Oliver at (817) 568-5750. Make checks payable to Everman Booster Club or Corey Fulbright Fund.

• Cards, letters: Brooke Army Medical Center, Attn: Corey Fulbright (Patient), Ward 2-South, 3851 Roger Brooke Drive, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234-6200. Do not send flowers or latex balloons. Schools are urged to send one card per classroom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carlos Mendez, (817) 390-7760 cmendez@star-telegram.com
Bud Kennedy, (817) 390-7538 budk@star-telegram.com

Awesome!!!

Chris Hart
12-22-2002, 02:25 PM
That is simply amazing. It is only fitting, to be able to give to Corey and his family during this Christmas season. That is what it is all about anyway, celebrating the free gift of God, and being blessed enough to give unto others. God bless all who have been involved in the giving, and prayers, and most of all at this time,I wish God's blessings on Corey Fullbright. Merry Christmas everyone!

<small>[ December 22, 2002, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

pirate4state
12-23-2002, 11:27 AM
top---awesome

bulldog65
12-23-2002, 01:42 PM
I couldn't agree more Chris. Thank you everyone who has helped and prayed for Corey. He is just a 17 year old kid who was trying to help his football team out, and now it has changed his whole life. I know God has special plans for Corey, his faith and determination are being challenged every day, minute by minute. God Bless you all.