PDA

View Full Version : Bandera-Burnet game could have been played in Kerrville

BHS#1
10-13-2003, 09:28 PM
I heard that the Bandera-Burnet game could have been played in Kerrville because they play on Thursday night that week. But Bandera said no, why not if you don't have room to handle the vistors.

CentralTxFan
10-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Why not? Would Burnet want to move a game and lose revenue from the gate? Would Burnet want to deny the Esprit de Corps boosters lost revenue from concessions? This is my thinking in why Bandera would say no. Burnet has no right asking them to move the game if in fact they did. Did Bandera ask for Burnet to change venue last year? No. Burnet fans need to just realize the sitting situation may not be the best at the game and deal with it. I guess it is called standing room only!

Pandora
10-13-2003, 09:42 PM
Why would they want to move it? They get to play on their own field. That is why it is called the “home field advantage.” Most teams and coaches would rather play on their own field, regardless of the inconvenience of the opponent’s fans.

b-townhottie06
10-13-2003, 10:05 PM
I know im from burnet but i agree! No one has asked us to go to another stadium, like Midland Christian for example, thats pretty far! But hey, these are our opinions! Plus i want to go play in bandera! we have fun riding busses over there with the band and drill team! its a blast!

What do you think the outcome is?

Bandera YaYa
10-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Thanks guys, we want you to come, too....didn't know anything about that decision, but I'm sure money was the reason...isn't it always? Please come.....I stand in the end zone and have a blast!

BurnetBandRules
10-13-2003, 10:16 PM
There would be no reason for any other team to ask us to go to another Stadium and IF they did, it would be because of a distance problem! Our stadium can hold quite a few people and not very many teams that we play has a very large fan base, as compared to ours. Bandera will be fine to play in and to watch the game. Traveling to other stadiums is fun and what makes a football game even more interesting because seeing your own stadium every week gets boring! LOL, okay, enough said! BYE!

Old Dog
10-14-2003, 12:24 AM
Nobody has the right to ask any home team to give up their advantage, gate receipts or concessions. It's rather pompus to even suggest such a thing. Having the home team crowd behind you every other year is the way it should be.

BHS#1
10-14-2003, 06:35 AM
No one suggested that they would lose gate receipts or consession. It was my understanding that that was not going to change. And Fredricksburg refused to play there also!!!

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 07:08 AM
BHS#1 is right. Fredericksberg did ask us and Bandera agreed to play in the Alamodome after they agreed to absorb all of the cost's and lost revenue from the game.

I believe it would be harder to move the game now because of the number of events going on.

1. Most of the Cheerleaders and a good numebr of the fans and their parents are involved in Volleyball which is played on the same night.

2. This is a district game. The spirit of the sport is best felt at ones home field no matter the condition.

3. Ya Ya is right, stand in the end zone. The Aggies do it every week and look what happened to Baylor. As a matter of fact don't Baylor and Burnet have the same school colors? Hmmm...

Granted our field sucks but that is not the fault of the average person in Bandera. We have tried for years to have it improved. It's just a political hot potato for now.

Just sit back and enjoy. I for one and I know Ya Ya would love to meet some of you guys and gals at the game. Im me and we'll change numbers.

Let's play ball and have fun.

beefy
10-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Burnet has never been asked to move a home game? That's false. I know for a fact they were asked this year to move a home game. Can't really say which team but it was asked of them.

CentralTxFan
10-14-2003, 09:24 AM
beefy:
Burnet has never been asked to move a home game? That's false. I know for a fact they were asked this year to move a home game. Can't really say which team but it was asked of them.Good point Beefy. But this just shows that Burnet didn't move their game to accomodate the other team, for whatever reasons there were. A visiting team should not ask the home team for a change of venue. If the home team OFFERS then that is a different story. It kind of reminds me of OU wanting the Red River Shootout venue to change.

ihatetolose
10-14-2003, 10:03 AM
BurnetBandRules:
There would be no reason for any other team to ask us to go to another Stadium and IF they did, it would be because of a distance problem! Our stadium can hold quite a few people and not very many teams that we play has a very large fan base, as compared to ours. Bandera will be fine to play in and to watch the game. Traveling to other stadiums is fun and what makes a football game even more interesting because seeing your own stadium every week gets boring! LOL, okay, enough said! BYE!And one time, at band camp.....

BULLDOGFAN
10-14-2003, 10:30 AM
Ahh Geez, don't get the Band kids going.

3afan
10-14-2003, 10:42 AM
did Bandera used to be 4A ???

CatWoman
10-14-2003, 10:51 AM
BHS#1:
I heard that the Bandera-Burnet game could have been played in Kerrville because they play on Thursday night that week. But Bandera said no, why not if you don't have room to handle the vistors.I finally had to respond to a Burnet post. First off, congratulations on your success, enjoy it and be proud. I personally hope you win the State Div. I title.

Second, while it is normal to be proud of your success - every week there is an issue about how many fans attend your games. Be aware that you are not the first, nor will you be the last to pack a stadium.

I'm not hatin' on Burnet or anything, like I said
I hope you take it all!!

Bandera YaYa
10-14-2003, 12:39 PM
I just saw you are from Ballinger....wait til you hear this!!! My Dad is from Ballinger, in fact his high school class went to State back in 1950 somthing...I wore his State basketball pendent to all the games last year...for luck!
What a small world..I knew I liked you!! :)
AND, I wouldn't have minded playing in Kerrville, that's where I marched on the field at each game back in the 70's....lol! I mean, it's not like our playing on our field will bring us enough luck this time around :( !

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

CatWoman
10-14-2003, 01:18 PM
Bandera YaYa:
I just saw you are from Ballinger....wait til you hear this!!! My Dad is from Ballinger, in fact his high school class went to State back in 1950 somthing...I wore his State basketball pendent to all the games last year...for luck!
What a small world..I knew I liked you!! :)
AND, I wouldn't have minded playing in Kerrville, that's where I marched on the field at each game back in the 70's....lol! I mean, it's not like our playing on our field will bring us any luck this time around :( !Oh my gosh, it is a small world. I probably know your family. Also, have faith - you never know what will happen on a football field!

BurnetBandRules
10-14-2003, 05:18 PM
Catwomen: AMEN! I am in the Burnet band and LOVE my football team but I am open for a loss, although I don't want it to happen. Like the old saying goes, ON ANY GIVEN FRIDAY....

HotDawg89
10-14-2003, 06:05 PM
Catwoman, I'm not sure you have been around long enough to understand Burnet posters and their ways of thinking. We've been gently lectured before, and we've even been ragged on about it... but it usually doesn't work! :D Just to re-cap- we're not all super boastful, but we are confident- nothing wrong with that. This is our chance to shine, and we all want to do it- but we DO have some real strange people with some strange ways of thinking who just seem to take things too far some times- though I'm not sure anyone did here. Just overlook 'em- it doesn't help to give them advice- they usually just get worse when you do that! Burnet does draw a huge crowd, but no one wants to open that can of worms on this board again! Gosh, I didn't think it was ever gonna stop! But no one ever said we were the only people to pack a stadium- be careful you don't start something here.

Okay, about the Bandera stadium thing.

I think it is an absolute travesty that the reigning Div 2 state champs don't have adequate seating at their stadium! Shame on the district for not taking pride in those boys who showed such tremendous heart last year, and brought home the big one for Christmas!

However- adequate visitor seating or not, there is not a person out there who could convince me that the game should have been moved. Even if it had been at Kerrville, Kerrville would have wanted some of the $$$ from the gate. It could have been a huge financial loss to Bandera. If Burnet brings even 4000-5000 with them (it is pretty far, we might not bring all 10,000 this time wink ) it would be a huge gain to the Bandera district!

Plus, no one should ever give up home field advantage! That is their home stadium!!! For pete's sake, Burnet wouldn't give it up for another team would they? I don't think so!

<small>[ October 14, 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Gobbla2001
10-14-2003, 06:11 PM
We had to play at Kenedy in '97 and they only had one side for seating... we won like 56-0, a couple of times one of our cheerleaders accidently threw a ball to their side and they'd throw it back at the cheerleader... I caught a ball and threw it over to their side (it was my freshmen year)...

It was horrible, but funny...

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2003, 10:45 PM
CentralTxFan:
Why not? Would Burnet want to move a game and lose revenue from the gate? Would Burnet want to deny the Esprit de Corps boosters lost revenue from concessions? This is my thinking in why Bandera would say no. Burnet has no right asking them to move the game if in fact they did. Did Bandera ask for Burnet to change venue last year? No. Burnet fans need to just realize the sitting situation may not be the best at the game and deal with it. I guess it is called standing room only!There was the same talk last year about us moving the game to Leander. Our Superintendant and AD/Head Coach said no way. We were crowded, but except for the score (and loss) I wouldn't have had it any other way.

therealbulldogs
10-14-2003, 11:13 PM
3afan:
did Bandera used to be 4A ???I don't think that Bandera has ever been 4A.

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2003, 06:28 PM
HotDawg89:
Catwoman, I'm not sure you have been around long enough to understand Burnet posters and their ways of thinking. We've been gently lectured before, and we've even been ragged on about it... but it usually doesn't work! :D Just to re-cap- we're not all super boastful, but we are confident- nothing wrong with that. This is our chance to shine, and we all want to do it- but we DO have some real strange people with some strange ways of thinking who just seem to take things too far some times- though I'm not sure anyone did here. Just overlook 'em- it doesn't help to give them advice- they usually just get worse when you do that! Burnet does draw a huge crowd, but no one wants to open that can of worms on this board again! Gosh, I didn't think it was ever gonna stop! But no one ever said we were the only people to pack a stadium- be careful you don't start something here.

Okay, about the Bandera stadium thing.

I think it is an absolute travesty that the reigning Div 2 state champs don't have adequate seating at their stadium! Shame on the district for not taking pride in those boys who showed such tremendous heart last year, and brought home the big one for Christmas!

However- adequate visitor seating or not, there is not a person out there who could convince me that the game should have been moved. Even if it had been at Kerrville, Kerrville would have wanted some of the $$$ from the gate. It could have been a huge financial loss to Bandera. If Burnet brings even 4000-5000 with them (it is pretty far, we might not bring all 10,000 this time wink ) it would be a huge gain to the Bandera district!

Plus, no one should ever give up home field advantage! That is their home stadium!!! For pete's sake, Burnet wouldn't give it up for another team would they? I don't think so!Again, let me apologize for the lack of seating...we did pass a bond and this should not be a problem in the future, but no way would it have been resolved this season, anyways. Just because we have this "problem" at our stadium in NO WAY means that we do not love our Dogs....come on....

:rolleyes:

HotDawg89
10-15-2003, 07:21 PM
Ya Ya, I'm sorry, my post wasn't intended to offend. You don't need to apologize for the seating- good grief- no need to be so sensitive.

I'm glad they passed a bond for you guys- that's terrific. Apparently, it has been a long time coming. Historically, it usually takes a great deal of time to upgrade those needs. Please forgive me for saying that in my opinion that your guys deserved a better stadium. . . :rolleyes: it was meant as a compliment. eek!

Burnet's Stadium wasn't built until I think 1988 or 89. Before that, we played on a field on HWY 29 that my grandfather played on. It had no visitor seating except an old piece of concrete that looks like steps- about 4 or 5 of them. The home side seating probably didn't hold more than about 500 at full capacity. We've been there, and sometimes it takes something big- like a great year of football that puts us on the map to get the district to move it up a notch or two. I wasn't trying to imply that ya'll don't support your team. I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

<small>[ October 15, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: HotDawg89 ]</small>

Matthew328
10-15-2003, 07:25 PM
Just last week Mabank moved their game against Ennis from their stadium to Ennis' stadium....Marlin did the same thing for their game against Ennis so it has been done

Bandera YaYa
10-15-2003, 07:29 PM
HotDawg89:
Ya Ya, I'm sorry, my post wasn't intended to offend. You don't need to apologize for the seating- good grief- no need to be so sensitive.

I'm glad they passed a bond for you guys- that's terrific. Apparently, it has been a long time coming. Historically, it usually takes a great deal of time to upgrade those needs. Please forgive me for saying that in my opinion that your guys deserved a better stadium. . . :rolleyes: it was meant as a compliment.

Burnet's Stadium wasn't built until I think 1988 or 89. Before that, we played on a field on HWY 29 that my grandfather played on. It had no visitor seating except an old piece of concrete that looks like steps- about 4 or 5 of them. The home side seating probably didn't hold more than about 500 at full capacity. We've been there, and sometimes it takes something big- like a great year of football that puts us on the map to get the district to move it up a notch or two. No one said ya'll don't support your team. Lighten up.Ok...Done! :)

HotDawg89
10-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I went back and edited since you quoted me- I sounded a little trite, and I didn't mean to...