PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chick bashes Bush

FBmania
03-14-2003, 05:45 PM
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Dixie Chicks (news - web sites) are drawing harsh words from country music fans for remarks singer Natalie Maines (news) made about President George W. Bush (news - web sites) during a recent performance in London.

AP Photo

Maines told the audience earlier this week, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

Angry phone calls flooded Nashville radio station WKDF-FM on Thursday, some calling for a boycott of the Texas trio's music.

The group released a statement Thursday saying they have been overseas for several weeks and "the anti-American sentiment that has unfolded here is astounding. While we support our troops, there is nothing more frightening than the notion of going to war with Iraq (news - web sites) and the prospect of all the innocent lives that will be lost."

In a separate statement Thursday, Maines said, "I feel the president is ignoring the opinion of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world. My comments were made in frustration, and one of the privileges of being an American is you are free to voice your own point of view."

I will cross them off my list along with all of the other celebrity and liberal loving losers I come across from here on out.

Bandera YaYa
03-16-2003, 12:49 AM
I WILL NOT STOP LISTENING TO THE DIXIE CHICKS BECAUSE ONE OF THEM SAID SOMETHING THAT WAS CRITICAL OF THE PRESIDENT. I SUPPORT THE MILITARY AND APPRECIATE ALL THAT THEY HAVE DONE AND CONTINUE TO DO. I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO WAR, BUT, YES, IT MAY BE NECESSARY TO STOP THAT MADMAN. NATALIE HAS A SON AND I'M SURE THINKING OF THE INNOCENT CHILDREN THAT WILL BE IN THE WAY OF ANY MILITARY ACTIONS OVER THERE. I DO NOT THINK BUSH "WANTS" TO GO TO WAR, JUST TO PROVE HE CAN DO IT, OR BECAUSE HE'S POWER HUNGRY. HE'S TRYING TO PROTECT US, AND IT'S A JOB I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT WANT. HE'S A DAD, TOO. NATALIE SAID SOME THINGS BECAUSE SHE IS SCARED...LIKE WE ALL ARE, I'M SURE OVER THERE IN EUROPE, ANTI-BUSH SENTIMENTS ARE EVERY WHERE, AND IT MUST BE HARD TO PERFORM AMONGST ALL THAT....SHE IS ONLY HUMAN AND SURE, HER WORDS WERE NOT THE BEST CHOSEN, BUT SHE HAS A RIGHT TO SAY WHAT SHE FEELS , JUST LIKE ME AND YOU. SHE DID NOT HURT ANYONE AND I FOR ONE THINK SHE LOVES AMERICA AND IS PRAYING FOR THE TROOPS SENT TO DEFEND FREEDOM. I THINK THE BASHING OF HER IS A LITTLE OVER THE TOP. WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES AT HAND. GET A GRIP, PEOPLE. SPEND YOUR TIME PRAYING FOR OUR TROOPS...THEY ARE THE ONES PUTTING THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE, NOT BUSH OR ANY OTHER POLITICION .

Jacket2000
03-16-2003, 05:28 AM
I was never really a fan of theirs, but now I am against them; and it's not b/c of what they said. I completely disagree with what they said and I think that attacking the president in such a manner was stupid and juvenile, but that's not what angers me. What angers me is that they didn't have the guts to stick by it. The moment they saw the dollar signs flying away, they backtracked and appologized for the comments. To me, this makes them cowards. If you feel so damn strongly about your cause, then have the guts to stick to it. It seems to me that most of the people who are against this war are willing to do anything they can to stop or slow it....untill they start to feel some heat.
J2K

Old Cardinal
03-16-2003, 11:51 AM
I think Americans have a right to their opinions; however, to get up in front of a large crowd of people in ANOTHER Country and bash our leadership, goes beyond rude and insensitive. I too have a Paratrooper son somewhere over their that will have to lead a bunch of 18-19 year olds into war, if it happens. What do you thing those who are putting their lives on the line think of these "Limosine Liberals". Let us continue to pray of our our boys and girls, that may be called to crush one arm of a large terrorist network!

Phil C
03-17-2003, 10:12 AM
It could be that the Dixie Chicks may have to move to Europe to keep up their popularity with the outcry that has happened in the USA. The silent majority is sometimes not so silent.

Old Cardinal
03-17-2003, 01:13 PM
I think a simple call to the Music stores etc:, across America, asking them to not put Natalie Maines and/or Dixie Chicks materials out for sale, will resolve the problem!

FBmania
03-17-2003, 04:52 PM
I agree Old Card, the DITSIE chicks will find out just how big a mistake they have made!

sinton66
03-17-2003, 07:44 PM
If what I'm hearing is true, they have already found out. I heard that a bunch of big radio stations sent their cd's back to them and refused to play them. I also heard that prompted Ms. Maines to issue a formal apology, and most of those same stations are saying that's too little too late.
She may have messed up beyond repair.

<small>[ March 17, 2003, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

turbostud
03-17-2003, 10:42 PM
Everyone keep in mind that the Dixie Chicks begin a US tour on May 1. Boycott their tour. And if they come to your town go protest. I will if they come to South Texas.

SINTON81
03-18-2003, 09:22 AM
I for one am ASHAMED the Dixie Chicks are from Texas, and PROUD that President Bush is from Texas.

spiveyrat
03-18-2003, 12:50 PM
We live in a country where free speech is a right...

Sometimes, though, speech isn't free ($$$). :D

Chris Hart
03-18-2003, 05:51 PM
I would boycott the Dixie Chicks, but I did that the first time I listened to them. They are a disgrace to Texas! :mad:

Ranger Mom
03-19-2003, 10:17 AM
I haven't heard a thing about the other members of the band - do we know if the entire band agrees with Natalie Maines statement?? It really is a shame that their "front guy.....gal" can mess it up for so many other people if they DON'T share her opinion.
By the way, does anyone here watch American Idol?? Simon Cowell told one of the contestants that she should take the lead singers place in the Dixie Chicks!

Old Cardinal
03-19-2003, 04:17 PM
Ranger Mom, Who knows what the others think, but they did not denounce the statement made in England......I think it would be good, if the others would find them another lead singers and change their names to the- Patriotic Chicks!