PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley vs. La Vernia

varsity54
09-16-2002, 10:11 PM
This is always a really good game. Last year Wimberley blew them away, but now La Vernia is returning 10 on defense. Wimberley is looking good as well. What are the picks. and what are some other centex games of the week.

Chris Hart
09-16-2002, 10:24 PM
I hope Wimberley wins it, but I think LaVernia will win by 13.

eye of the tiger
09-16-2002, 10:25 PM
Collier Sharp has La Vernia by 1

Donkey41
09-17-2002, 01:46 PM
I'd have to take La Vernia by at least 21, because Wimberly is hurting from last year. After loosing Slaughter and Meeks to Texas Tech Wimberly is no where near what they were. Yes they do have some big guys but that didn't pose much of a problem last year. So with that said La Vernia will be my landslide pick.

toby070
09-17-2002, 02:07 PM
Donkey, I'd have to respectfully disagree, I think it will be much closer, but then again, I thought the same last year. Their game two years ago was a great game.

Since you are from LaVernia, tell me what happened to Haese (sp?). I know he was small, but he was an awesome runner, unbelievably tough for his size.

varsity54
09-17-2002, 10:24 PM
i have to disagree donkey41. I think the only reason you pick your team to win is because of last year. Slaughter was a good player and is doing well at tech, but Meeks isnt playing. The guys that we are returning did in fact prove themselves. I think this game will be very close and very good. but Ya'll are only picked by 1. be ready for a thriller!

Buck
09-18-2002, 12:54 PM
I have seen Wimberley and La Vernia both on film. Both teams run the wing t well, and both team are very aggresive defensively. I think Collier-Sharp has it picked pretty close. It's going to go down to who turns the ball over... Period. The game is in Wimberley. I'm taking the Texans by a field-goal.

Donkey41
09-18-2002, 01:51 PM
I'm not sure what happened to Derek Haese after two years ago. I see him every now and then. We can't replace a Haese or even the Randy Brooks we had a while back. But we have a damn good defense. The reason that I said that Wimberly will lose by 21 is because you lost a lot for graduation. It's hard to replace Slaughter and Meeks. And it will take you just like it did us a year or two to recover. When Derek Haese was here we lost to the State Champs (La Grange) by 1 point. No one else they played that year came close to competition for them. However last year after losing Haese and some of the BIGG lineman we had we lost to La Grange in the same round by like 47 or 49!! that's a huge turnaround. And I believe that it will be for Wimberly also.

varsity54
09-19-2002, 10:03 PM
Well i guess we'll find out the score tomorrow.