PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City 36 - Orangefield 0

3ABirdMan
10-05-2002, 11:17 PM
Bridge City dominated the field tonight against an Orangefield team I believed was going to give us fits. The score could easily have been 47 - 0 or worse. 1st team defense did not touch the field on a single play (that I am aware of) in the 4th quarter. Only a few 1st team offense played in the 3rd quarter, with running back Matt Peebles not touching the field in the 2nd half.

Again, Coach Tarver decided to play for depth instead of points (Matthew328, remember that in your picks for next week).

I was expecting a good, close, tight ballgame full of offensive weapons. Orangefield's Alex Sauceda has 840 yards and seven touchdowns in four games, while Bridge City's Matt Peebles has 74 carries for 566 yards and seven TDs this year. Instead, BC's defense shut down Sauceda cold! At half, he had around 80 yds, with 40 coming on 1 sweep. I don't think he played much at all in the 3rd or 4th. I expect the stats to show Peebles with ~200+ yds on the half-night.

Bridge City looked like a real playoff contender tonight. I hope we can keep it rolling!