PDA

View Full Version : I HATE JERRY JONES & DAVE CAMPO!!!!!!!!!!

Puppetmaster101
11-19-2002, 11:07 PM
What are they thinking I just tonight that they were going to switch Troy Hambrick to first string because they dont think Emmitt is producing I mean why do it now he has done so much for this team and put up with so much crap with their crappy stats. That they will discard him like a piece of paper THOSE A-HOLES and listening to Hambrick in an interview about it he sounded so arrogant I totally lost all respect for Campo. And now I just hope something really bad happens to Jerry Jones like bankruptcy or amnesia or something. If you have something to say in Emmitt's defense please do so if not don't say nothin at all. :mad: :mad: :mad:

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-19-2002, 11:10 PM
I already thought that Jerry Jones and Dave Campo were idiots.....this just verifies it!!!

In my eyes, Emmitt Smith is STILL THE MAN!!!

ballhog65
11-19-2002, 11:13 PM
BBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPHSfan
11-19-2002, 11:16 PM
Let me be the first one to say that if Emmitt want's to get a fake birth certificate and change his name, we will be glad to have him enroll as a senior next year at Pilot Point. Then he can play football again for a real coach. :D :D :D

Chris Hart
11-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Now I know how G.A. Moore does it, I knew there was something fishy going on,lol.

Old Dog
11-19-2002, 11:48 PM
The people of Texas need to to claim the Cowboys as property of the republic and run Mr. Jones back to Arkansas! Jones needs to have a couple of games without any fans in Texas Stadium. If the Dallas area folks would pull together they could hit him where it hurts (the bank book)!

Old Dog
11-19-2002, 11:51 PM
The people of Texas need to to claim the Cowboys as property of the republic and run Mr. Jones back to Arkansas! Jones needs to have a couple of games without any fans in Texas Stadium. If the Dallas area folks would pull together they could hit him where it hurts (the bank book)! But, who am I kidding, he has enough money to treat Texas as he pleases. We are just plain shafted!

Jacket2000
11-20-2002, 12:43 AM
Ok, #1, dont blame Campo for ANY decisions made in the Cowboys franchise. I assure you, he's not the one who made'em. It's all on Jerry's hands.
#2, open your eyes, people! Emmitt's done! He hasnt been productive for 2 seasons now. The only reason he's even still starting is to sell tickets. Now that the record's been broken, he'll play less and less. I agree, Jones is an idiot. But, he is a damn good businessman, and he knows how to get butts in those seats. Now that the record's been broken, the only way to do it is to win some football games, and it ain't gonna happen by putting it in Emmitt's hands. It's time to blow it up and bring in some new blood.
J2K

spaniard
11-20-2002, 12:47 AM
i think that if jerry jones actually realized that if he let his coaches coach, then the boys would be okay. dave campo may not be the greatest coach ever, i think the reason hes the coach for dallas is because hes such an easy puppet to work for jones. thats why the other coaches got fired i think, bc they got tired of being mouthpieces for good ol jerry. so, i agree that maybe the people of dallas who go to the games each sunday would just not show up for one of them, it might shut old jones up, but it wont break him in the least.

Chris Hart
11-20-2002, 01:10 AM
I love Emmitt Smith as much as the next Cowboy fan, but I have to agree with Jacket on this. I wanted Emmitt to break the record and he did that, now he needs to be relegated to limited playing time. He was the GREATEST, but his body just can't handle it anymore. I'm not knocking double deuce in any way, but anyone with a eye can see that his running of the football is simply not Emmitt-like anymore, he doesn't have near the burst he once had, he doesn't hit the hole with authority, and he will shy away from contact when he can. I want him to retire a Cowboy. Do I think Hambrick is the answer, no. Hambrick will be a little more productive than Emmitt this year, but the boys woes are way deeper than RB. They need to draft or aquire a RB for next year no doubt, but the Cowboy's problem in my opinion starts on the offensive line. It irks me to death to still hear the NFL commentators talk about how big and good the Cowboy O-line is, when they haven't been able to run block or protect the QB for over 5 years now. The Cowboys will have to address the QB situation also. IMO, Quincy is the best they have right now, but I don't see enough upside to him, for the Cowboys to plan their future around him. I think they need to get a QB via free agency, because they need to take advantage of their chances before the current defense is depleted. With a defense like the Boys have, there is no reason they shouldn't be challenging, other than the fact that there have been some poor personnell decisions made on the offensive side of the football. I'll always be a Cowboy fan, but I am really aggrivated at the same time.

<small>[ November 20, 2002, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

spaniard
11-20-2002, 01:25 AM
IMO, quincy carter is on the same level as chris simms, non-legit. except that simms is all the hype money will buy when he graduates. and carter has already shown that he cant be consistent when under some sort of pressure. maybe im the only one who notices this, im not a huge ut fan or anything, but i dont hate em, it just seems to me that simms will choke when faced with a decent defense, and decides to throw the ball to the other guys.

sinton66
11-20-2002, 08:12 AM
I expect Emmitt to voluntarily retire at the end of this season. He is the only heart and sole left from the former Cowboys. Emmitt is and always will be nothing but class. Thank you, Emmitt, for all the fantastic years you devoted your heart, sole, mind and body to the Dallas franchise. I wish you well in future endeavors.

trojandad
11-20-2002, 08:38 AM
Ok J2K,

A). Of course Jones runs the show there, but there are hundreds of coaches that didn't take the job there because they didn't want to sell their souls for the job. It may be Jones' decision but if it's wrong, Campo should stand up. He has no soul left tho. He gave it at the office.

B). He's doing Emmitt like he did the greatest coach of the Cowboys. He didn't allow him a goodbye year like all teams do with best players and coaches to get accoloades from all over the country as Landry deserved and as Emmitt deserves. Hell, Jones didn't even give Johnson a shot to say bye to everyone.

C). He's NOT putting butts in seats like he did before taking the team over himself, and his jersey sales are so far down that the scuttlebutt is he has actually presented a new jersey design for approval with the NFL to boost sales that way. He's actually thinking about changing that 40+ yr tradition.

D). Emmitt will get the final laugh in this one. I had a friend who was with the PR group with Nolan Ryan. I was told that all the teams that Nolan played with were bidding for the privilege of the team's name that Nolan went into the hall of fame with. The Rangers won the bidding war. Emmitt needs to go to another team that likes to run then make JJ pay thru that Arkie nose to get the star on the bust in Canton.

Lastly, JJ will lose it all in the end. He reminds me of the dog who reaches for the bone in the reflexion in the water only to lose the one he has. And don't forget one thing when you are talking about intelligence on gaining riches (and since we're on a high school board read by young men, lol), a soul has a price, too. He sold his for money, just like any common drug dealer, just a different realm. At the end, his soul is still sold and nothing he swapped it for can get it back.

Jacket2000
11-20-2002, 09:13 AM
Trojandad, I agree with just about everything you said.
Yes, he is doing Emmitt the same way that he did Landry, which is my main reason for not being a Cowgirl, er ah, Cowboy fan, although I do believe that a new coach was in order, he definately went about it the wrong way. The only difference is, Emmitt is no angel himself. If you recall, it was only a few seasons ago(maybe more, time gets away from me) that Emmitt sat out for 4 games because he wasnt "getting paid enough". I lost any sympathy I might have had for him during that 4 week stretch.
As for butts in the seats, no, he's not doing it like he used to. When you lose 4 in a row, that tends to happen. The only way to get people to the games is to win; and the only way to win is to bring in some new blood.
Other than that, Im with ya 100%.
J2K

2001GiddingsLB
11-20-2002, 11:19 AM
My hope is that the Cowboys draft a good offensive lineman and Kliff Kingsbury from Tech cuz Bruce Coslet the 'Boys offensive coord. runs a west coast type of offense, and with recievers like Antonio Bryant, Joey Galloway, and perhaps Rocket Ismail(if he's ever healthy) I think that would be a good combo.

trojandad
11-20-2002, 12:46 PM
I forgot about the Emmitt hold out, J2K, your right that it swings both ways. I forgot about that because, to be honest, I quit following them after JJ did Coach Landry so badly. I met Coach Landry when I was a pretty bad kid without direction and he was great to me, so I didn't follow the Cowboys during the JJ years, even with the Super Bowls. But your right, if you use someone, you have it coming back later.

pirate4state
11-20-2002, 12:58 PM
http://fp.funfiles.plus.com/anim_emoticons/ranting_on_your_soapbox.gif
J2K - Emmitt did sit out at the start of the 93 season, but only for 2 games (which they lost) and then they went on a 6 game win streak with him back in the mix. That year he went on to become the 2nd player to win back-to-back NFL rushing titles, Superbowl MVP and NFL MVP so I think he deserved the money he was asking for! The crappy part was that not 2-4 weeks later Ding-Dong, aka, Troy Aikman signs a HUGE contract w/o dispute! Of course, he deserved it, right? I think the only thing Emmitt has "lost" is an O-line to block for him. He can still run, but as for finding the hole--there is no hole! I think he still has another good year left in him as long as the Cowboys can get a healthy O-line. And those are my 2 cents;)

Old Dog
11-20-2002, 01:38 PM
TrojanDad...GOOD POST and you touched every base on the way home.....

As far as issues go, this is "THE" 3A site, but I'd bet most of us love all levels of football. For me personally, high school is the best...most of the boys are still innocent to the world. We see young men make mistakes, but rarely are they hammered here on this site. That's the way it should be. Nough said!

<small>[ November 20, 2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>