PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange 17 Orangefield !4 final

tigerfan
11-21-2003, 11:09 PM
OF had the ball 1st and goal with about 1:40 left in the game. Holding call moves the ball back to the 19 yard line. LaGrange intercepts. Anderle makes a 86 yard run to the 11 yard line. LaGrange kicks a field goal to win. Exciting finish to a game LaGrange refused to give up to.

trojandad
11-21-2003, 11:39 PM
Outstanding! I'm a little confused, did he run 86 yards on the interception return or on a play from scrimmage after the interception? Thanks.

oldercoach
11-21-2003, 11:52 PM
on a play from scrimmage. Ran the clock down and a Freshman kicks the winning FG w/5 seconds on the clock. Barn burner!

Wildcat81
11-22-2003, 06:13 AM
Man! after reading some of the post,There was some awesome games last night.

Pudlugger
11-22-2003, 08:32 AM
This game really serves to demonstrate how important it is to NEVER GIVE UP!!! It was tied 14 all with 4 minutes left and LG gets the ball on their 31 after stopping the Bobcats on 4th and 10. They move up field over the middle, seemingly with ease. They have the ball on the 49, 2nd and inches and fumbled the snap...OF recovers and a pall of silence descends over the Lep side of the stands. The Bobcats take command, passing patiently and running for 3 yards a carry to get the ball down to the 9...1st and goal to go 1:53 seconds left in the game. They get called for holding in the backfield protecting their Qb from an onslaught of determined Lep defenders. The ball moves back to the 19. On the next play Modica rolls right with 4 Lep defenders breathing fire on the rush. He throws to the go-to-guy, #3 Austin Farias (a tremendous WR who will play on Saturdays soon). The ball was a little overthrown, do to Lep pressure, and Sam Gunn intercepts just before running out of bounds on the 5. The very next play Anderle breaks a tackle over the right side, moves to the left to find open field and really turned on the jets, racing 85 yards down the sidelines until the Bobcat safety caught up with him on the angle to make a shoe-string tackle on the 10. With 5 seconds remaining #22 Hunter Kallus, a freshman playing only his second varsity game, kicked a 26 yard FG to win the game. Congratulations Leps, you demonstrated the heart and soul of a champion tonight, now take that with you next week. Go Leps!!! :D

trojandad
11-23-2003, 04:34 PM
Unbelievable.

I told you I was wanting to make that game, Pud, but I had forgotten about our girl's roundball tourney (btw, won by Cleveland, they demolished the competition, being the 7th ranked team in the state that they are).

Ok, keep me filled in on next Friday's game, I can make that one if somewhere close. Btw, don't tell the Yaya lady I missed a great playoff game like that for girl's roundball, she'll think she's converted me. LOL Congrats to both teams.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 03:35 PM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>