PDA

View Full Version : The Final four for Division I 3A

Old Cardinal
12-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Four good competitors represent each of the Regions, Wylie has 818 enrollment and a long tradition in Region I; Gainesville has 801 students and have come close to getting this far before; Jasper with 876 enrollment in its second year out of 4A is a most improved team; Burnet with 858 students is in the drivers seat at this time....All of these schools represent their respective Regions very well. Both of the semi-finals could possibly have some surprise outcomes. They all are loaded with depth.

sinton66
12-02-2003, 08:01 PM
I agree Old Card. All four are excellent. As for surprizes, they are definitely possible in these match-ups. I'm sure Burnet will not catch Jasper by surprize this time, and this year, Jasper is NOT over-rated. I like their chances. Abilene Wylie has been knocking on the door for years. Gainesville will be tough. No team is unbeatable at this point. May the best teams win, and everybody, please pray for injury free games.

JHS_c/o_06'
12-02-2003, 08:09 PM
After talking to some of the players this week, I like our chances. But lets hope that we can all end the season injury free, both players and fans. And good luck to the four remaining teams.

JASPER BULLDOGS - THE BIG RED MACHINE

Rabbit'93
12-02-2003, 08:22 PM
Good luck to all remaining teams.

Leopards,class of 75
12-02-2003, 11:01 PM
Thanks for all the good info. "Old card". This should be one of the best semi-final match-ups! Being from Gainesville, I know we have never won a state tille in football.(Only in Basketball) Lost in the title game in 1974,1976 and 1978. my question is has any of the other 3 teams left ever won a state title in football? Good luck to all 4 teams.

Chris Hart
12-02-2003, 11:05 PM
Leopards,class of 75:
Thanks for all the good info. "Old card". This should be one of the best semi-final match-ups! Being from Gainesville, I know we have never won a state tille in football.(Only in Basketball) Lost in the title game in 1974,1976 and 1978. my question is has any of the other 3 teams left ever won a state title in football? Good luck to all 4 teams.I don't think so Leopard, I know Burnet and Jasper haven't. I'm not sure about Wylie, I know they've been there, but don't know if they've won it before or not?

Leopards,class of 75
12-02-2003, 11:11 PM
Thanks Chris for that info. I caught that special last night about your town Burnet, what a good story! I caught most of it and really enjoyed it. Good luck to your team, Leopards

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 11:16 PM
four good teams left.....

sinton66
12-02-2003, 11:22 PM
Abilene Wylie has never won a championship either. The city of Abilene has seen six of them, the most recent in 1956(culminating 3 in a row). Pretty sure Abilene Wylie didn't exist that far back.

J-RABBITS
12-03-2003, 01:42 AM
i predict a burnet/gainesville matchup in state with burnet winning...i even thought if forney go to state against burnet, we most likely would not have won...i really dont see any of these 3 teams beating burnet really...

GWOOD
12-03-2003, 08:55 AM
I guess everyone expects a Gainesville/Burnet matchup in the finals. What I have seen so many times, though, are teams like Abilene Wylie and Jasper when everything finally starts clicking, momentum gets going, and confidence is high. It will take all that and the ball to bounce the right way for Jasper and Wylie to advance.

dawg03
12-03-2003, 09:22 AM
Four Awesome teams left.......my prediction for the last two standing are Burnet and Gainseville.......Good Luck to All.........Predictions aren't facts!

JasperDog94
12-03-2003, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure of the year, but the old black high school in Jasper won a state football championship. Obviously that was many years ago.

Wbulldogs
12-03-2003, 03:10 PM
sinton66:
Abilene Wylie has never won a championship either. The city of Abilene has seen six of them, the most recent in 1956(culminating 3 in a row). Pretty sure Abilene Wylie didn't exist that far back.abilene wylie has existed for 101 years...lol

j_dog
12-03-2003, 03:21 PM
JasperDog94:
I'm not sure of the year, but the old black high school in Jasper won a state football championship. Obviously that was many years ago.Rowe High won the state championship the last year before total integration and the dissolution of the Praire View version of the UIL. I think the year was 1967, or perhaps 1968. Sam Adams Sr played on that team before going on to star in the NFL for the Patriots. A year or so ago he was selected to their all-time team. By the way, what ever happened to Jr? He was with Baltimore at one time I think.

Adidas410s
12-03-2003, 05:00 PM
Wbulldogs:

sinton66:
Abilene Wylie has never won a championship either. The city of Abilene has seen six of them, the most recent in 1956(culminating 3 in a row). Pretty sure Abilene Wylie didn't exist that far back.abilene wylie has existed for 101 years...lolYeah 2002 was Wylie's 100th anniversary. A little not so well known random fact about Wylie, Gordon Wood graduated from here in 1932. So in that case...Wylie has plenty of state titles to claim! I think everybody would much rather lay claim to their own this year! Good luck to JR and the rest of the Wylie guys! There are a few of us "recent Wylie alums" that are gonna be makin the run to Birdville again! I'm glad that I can finally make a playoff game...I can only take SO MUCH of trying to sneak a quick listen online while working on Saturday afternoons!

J-town Hustler
12-03-2003, 05:27 PM
Hey j_dog, if you are talking about the same Sam Adams that graduated from Texas A&M in the 90's, then here is where he played. I'm not sure who drafted him, but last year, he played his last of many years with the Oakland Raiders before he was traded to the Buffalo Bills this year.

JaSpErBuLLdOgDrUmMeRGaL06
12-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Hey everybody, this is the very first post I've typed on this thing because I just registered not long ago. I would just like to say best of luck to the remaining teams and I'll be praying for all the teams & that none of the players get seriously injured. All I ever hear about is Burnet and of course that's because they do have a great team, but I'm excited to see how our dogs have their mind set and play against their dogs this weekend. I'm hoping to see a good game but guess I'll just be in suspense 'till then. B-Bye for now! :)

Wbulldogs
12-03-2003, 07:27 PM
Adidas410s:

Wbulldogs:

sinton66:
Abilene Wylie has never won a championship either. The city of Abilene has seen six of them, the most recent in 1956(culminating 3 in a row). Pretty sure Abilene Wylie didn't exist that far back.abilene wylie has existed for 101 years...lolYeah 2002 was Wylie's 100th anniversary. A little not so well known random fact about Wylie, Gordon Wood graduated from here in 1932. So in that case...Wylie has plenty of state titles to claim! I think everybody would much rather lay claim to their own this year! Good luck to JR and the rest of the Wylie guys! There are a few of us "recent Wylie alums" that are gonna be makin the run to Birdville again! I'm glad that I can finally make a playoff game...I can only take SO MUCH of trying to sneak a quick listen online while working on Saturday afternoons!thanx for all the support...ur one of a few who still believe in wylie...hope u have fun at the game

BigW
12-04-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey JR, there are a lot of us who believe in Wylie!!!!
I love to read the 3-A but do not post very often.

I prefer to let THE WYLIE BULLDOGS prove who is the best out on the field!!!!

Good luck.