PDA

View Full Version : Ohio State 31 Miami 24

jason
01-04-2003, 12:33 AM
I guess defense does win championships

Keith7
01-04-2003, 12:54 AM
I think this game actually had the same refs as in the Gainesville - Celina game

3ABirdMan
01-04-2003, 01:21 AM
Yeah, I'm no Miami fan, but they got ripped on the pass interference call on 4th and goal. The ref was signaling "incomplete" for about 5 seconds before throughing the flag. A very bogus call, but perhaps it was a make-up for the ABC cameras in the Ohio St huddle during the time-out, when they were working out there pass routes on National TV. But then, ref's wouldn't do anything to change the momentum of game, would they? wink

slpybear the bullfan
01-04-2003, 01:26 AM
Yeah, the bad call cancells out the no-call of pass interference that killed OSU's last drive.

Regardless of the questionable call, that was one VERY EXCITING championship game to watch.

aamove
01-04-2003, 01:58 AM
Over all, probably the best Bowl game this year.

ThaRealBulldog
01-04-2003, 11:42 AM
I don't like either team, I wish a Big 12 team could of won it all.

Puppetmaster101
01-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Hey guys there were some bad calls on miami but there were some penelties that should of been called like that block in the back that nobody seemed to see on that last punt return to miami from what I saw that was no side block that put them in field goal position. :D

<small>[ January 04, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Puppetmaster101 ]</small>

Bellville22
01-04-2003, 02:19 PM
I was pretty much a neutral fan last night, although I was pleased to see such an underdog come out on top.

I thought the pass interference call was the right call. Doesn't matter when he calls it, as long as it's right, and I thought it was. I don't think the replay showed the actual foul, I thought the defender held him earlier and just after the ball was thrown, that's a no-no when the ball is in the air. Ref made the right call, just couldn't dig the flag out.

I too thought what the ABC camera man and Dan Fouts ( who I already thought was an idiot)did was unbelievably stupid. I seriously doubt that that no one had a tv on up there in the booth. It was bad enough poking the camera in the most important huddle of their season, but for Danny boy to go ahead and clear it up for us, and who knows who in the booth, well that was pure genius.

But enough about that, what a game. Congrats to the Buckeyes on preparing extremely well and making the plays. I was one who didn't think they should be there, but they proved me wrong.

big daddy russ
01-04-2003, 02:28 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
I don't like either team, I wish a Big 12 team could of won it all.Sorry RealBulldog, but it won't happen next year, either. Auburn's gonna take it all.

big daddy russ
01-04-2003, 02:42 PM
By the way, I was just joking around about the Auburn thing but after posting that I realize that Auburn does have a pretty good shot. They have to be a top-ten... maybe even top-five team coming into next season. They only lose two starters on offense and three on defense, return all their studs with the exceptions of center Ben Nowland and safety Travaris Robinson, and took USC, Florida and Georgia (all three were top-ten teams) to the limit before bowing out by seven points or less in each of the games. Florida went into overtime. The USC and Georgia games went down to the last few seconds. They beat 'Bama (ranked 9th in the country at the time), LSU (ranked 10th at the time), and Penn State in the Citrus Bowl (ranked 10th). Sorry everyone, but you know how I love to toot my boys' horn. Just couldn't resist.

greendog fan
01-04-2003, 05:53 PM
ThaRealBulldog:
I don't like either team, I wish a Big 12 team could of won it all.They had big 12 refs doing the game last night. I think those refs should go back and do high school games. They were terrible. Must have been carry over refs from the SWC. Miami got robed on a couple of plays.