PDA

View Full Version : Final Bellville 37 St. Thomas 7

Bongo
09-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Bellville 2nd teamers got a lot of playing time.
Way to go Bellville!

BrahmaMom
09-13-2003, 11:02 AM
Way to go, Brahmas! I was a tad scared the first few minutes, St. Thomas looked better than I thought. Momentarily. Runnels had a great game. I still think we need to be tighter on defense, and more emotional, more intense. Our pass defense has never been our strength, so I was pleased with how we covered them. We still have some tough games to go. We have the talent. I was glad to see so many play, esp. 4th quarter--it just gets the depth ready to go in at any time and protects the starters. All smart to do. Go Bulls!

Bellville22
09-13-2003, 01:14 PM
Great game for the Brahmas. Great passing game, with the exception of a few overthrows. Solid ground game. Looks as though were starting to really gel offensively.

As for the defense, which I've questioned a bit, they looked dominant. Granted we weren't playing the caliber team that we'll see in 2 weeks and then in district, but I like the way they attacked the gaps, and swarmed to the ball, and got pretty decent pressure on the QB. Much better job against the run.

On a side note: I love the way the Eagles came out. A trick play for a TD on the first play, then an onside kick. They knew they were big underdogs, and they figured they'd lay it all out.

Great game Bulls, continue to get better this week, ( seems like Elgin is down a bit, but don't dare take them lightly), because we all know that the Rice Raiders, making a strong case for being the best D II team in the state, will be chomping at the bits to get a piece of the Bulls next week at the Pasture.