PDA

View Full Version : 17-3A

Centex
10-02-2001, 01:25 PM
What's happening in the district that won Div-I last year. I know China Spring and Gatesville are the teams to beat...are there any contenders left? McGregor lost by 10 points to China last week, but did they deserve to drop out of the top 10 in the region? They held Bell and the Coogs to 200 fewer yards of offense than what they'd been averaging and scored 21 on the China Spring first team defense.

REBEL
10-04-2001, 09:23 AM
China is not nearly as good as people think! (Shawn Bell is Good). Something else that hasn't been mentioned is that not only did Mcgregor score 21 pts. on there 1st "D" but McGregor also had 4 turnovers (China none),& if not for those 4 turnovers there is no doubt McGregor WINS the game handedly! McGibbons had only 2-3 catches the whole game & the one he scored on the DB slipped down leaving him wide open. They'll make the play-offs, but I'm not sure how far Shawn Bell can carry them.

Matthew328
10-04-2001, 12:42 PM
I did want to keep Mcgregor in the top 10...but who would I take out to put in?? All the teams in the top 10 are just as deserving at the moment..but McGregor is still right there on the cusp of being in that top 10...Crockett is also close to gettin back in as well..I am also surprised Gatsville is playing as well as they are..I thought they would have a rough year..that QB is carrying them..I still think the best team in Central Texas is Yoe...

REBEL
10-05-2001, 08:35 AM
Mark my word Cameron will not win their district. Giddings will walk that district.

Centex
10-05-2001, 09:18 AM
What I should have said is "Word is...China and Gatesville are the teams to beat." Heck, this site calls them "by far the best teams" in the district. We'll see tonight after they match up. McGregor may look more like a contender than people originally thought. Who knows about LaVega?
Giddings and Yoe will be a great game. Can the playoff teams in 17-3A compete with them in the postseason?
What's up with Robinson and Marlin...Mexia experienced some humility with Forney, huh?

REBEL
10-05-2001, 01:25 PM
If McGregor can hit on all cylinders, & stop turning the ball over 3 & 4 times a game. They would no doubt be the best team in 17AAA. LaVega always has the athletes to compete. District 18-AAA will be tough to get past, but not impossible.

Hornet83
10-06-2001, 10:30 AM
Gatesville beat a good China Spring team in overtime 13 to 7. McGregor pounded West and Lavega lost to Lorena.My thoughts at the start of the season was China Spring, McGregor, and Gatesville would be the playoff teams and that has not changed. China Spring is an experienced team that had a good run in the playoffs last year while McGregor and Gatesville have young teams that should grow as the season progresses.
All in all it should be a battle for the 17AAA championship because Lavega, Lorena, and Troy have enough talent to suprise anyone of the frontrunners on any given night.

REBEL
10-08-2001, 07:47 AM
Hats off to Gatesville, great job on beating a highly arrogant Mark Bell/China Spring football team. We have our work cut out for us against a very talented LaVega bunch who no doubt should've beat Lorena. Look forward also to a great game between Gatesville & McGregor next week! I also want to set the record straight on a comment Bell made on a radio show. He was asked "how was McGregor able to score 21 points on you guys late in the game?" and he answered "well we had a lot of our second teamers in and they were able to put some points up that way" I say you arrogant lying prick! At no point did China put in 2nd teamers unless we knocked a 1st teamer out. Bell, and the entire town of China took a sigh of relief when the final seconds ticked off the clock. I'll say again if McGregor doesn't turn the ball over 4 times they beat China handedly. NO DOUBT!!