PDA

View Full Version : Sinton - Cuero Basketball Game 1-2-04

Phil C
12-24-2003, 12:04 PM
For those here that plan to make the early game (the Sinton Schedule says the freshmen game starts at 10:00 A. M.) maybe we could meet for some great taquitos for breakfast in Sinton. We have a great place and you can get a great taquito breakfast and tea or soda for under $3.00 and these are good size ones and you won't leave hungry. We could meet there at 9:00 A.M. and still have time to eat and have a visit and make the game even though I may not get to be there till the varsity game since many of our employees will be off work. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post directions to the restaurant. It is simple to get to coming from Cuero because you will only have to make two turns.

44INAROW
12-24-2003, 12:42 PM
Phil C:
For those here that plan to make the early game (the Sinton Schedule says the freshmen game starts at 10:00 A. M.) maybe we could meet for some great taquitos for breakfast in Sinton. We have a great place and you can get a great taquito breakfast and tea or soda for under $3.00 and these are good size ones and you won't leave hungry. We could meet there at 9:00 A.M. and still have time to eat and have a visit and make the game even though I may not get to be there till the varsity game since many of our employees will be off work. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post directions to the restaurant. It is simple to get to coming from Cuero because you will only have to make two turns.We plan on going.. Sounds like a plan. I'll get more details next week.

Phil C
12-24-2003, 12:53 PM
Sounds good 44. I will post directions next week. I will probably not be on downlow until early next week. Happy Holidays!

Buccaneer
12-25-2003, 01:49 AM
Phil C:
For those here that plan to make the early game (the Sinton Schedule says the freshmen game starts at 10:00 A. M.) maybe we could meet for some great taquitos for breakfast in Sinton. We have a great place and you can get a great taquito breakfast and tea or soda for under $3.00 and these are good size ones and you won't leave hungry. We could meet there at 9:00 A.M. and still have time to eat and have a visit and make the game even though I may not get to be there till the varsity game since many of our employees will be off work. If anyone is interested let me know and I will post directions to the restaurant. It is simple to get to coming from Cuero because you will only have to make two turns.Which of our fine eating establishments are you recommending ? Is it Freddies, Tasty Taco, Little Mexico, Taqueria Leon, Taqueria Santa Fe, Rudy's BBQ, Flores Grocery, or Sinton Bakery ? Did I leave any one out ?

District303aPastPlayer
12-26-2003, 11:06 AM
looks like you included everyone... but i would recommend tasty taco

44INAROW
12-26-2003, 02:06 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
looks like you included everyone... but i would recommend tasty tacoSounds familiar, do the "locals" eat there a lot?

Phil C
12-26-2003, 07:51 PM
They are all good and some not included in your list would be the Whataburger and Ybarras which are both good also. I have been to all of them and you can't go wrong with any of them. For this Friday the one I am thinking about is Flores. But if the friends from Cuero want somewhere else then so be it.

Phil C
12-29-2003, 12:27 PM
To get to Flores Restaurant from Cuero you come in on Hwy77 take the first exit. Go straight till you get to the signal ligh. You will see the CITGO on your left. Keep going straight past the signal light (south) until you get to the first turn you can make to your left. It is not marked but this is First Street. Go West on First Street one block and turn left (south again). This is Avenue B. Go 1 1/2 blocks and you will see Flores on your left. It is a white building and says Flores Grocery but it has a restaurant inside. See you at 9:00 A.M. Friday if you cna make it.

Phil C
12-29-2003, 12:28 PM
My BAD! On the above directions when you turn on First Street you are going EAST not west!

PhiI C
12-31-2003, 12:19 AM
I just found out that the varsity game is to be played at 12:30 P.M. on Friday so probably the breakfast meeting will be off since that would mean the Cuero friends would have to leave early to get here by 9:00 A.M. So I will see you (those that are able to come) at the game Friday. I will be the old guy wearing the black SA Spurs cap! Have a Happy New Year and see you on Friday.