PDA

View Full Version : Reporting bad class from Cuero...

Gobbla2001
10-11-2003, 05:55 PM
Dunno if you guys have heard about this yet, but at the Goliad/Cuero game last night, a few high school guys from Cuero stood infront of our stands with shirts spelling out 'Goliad Sux'...

It's good to see some spirit, but I was blowng away...

Bad thing is, one of the senior guys who did it was one of my good friends...

His mother was my photo journalism teacher my senior year and we've been great friends ever since... I go out and watch their ranch every now and then when they take a road trip... They live about 5 or so miles outside of Goliad (there's 30 miles in between)... His mother now teaches at Goliad...

Anyway, this summer I went out to their place one night to stay the night and do some fishing the next morning... One of their neighbors from across the highway (they were all very good friends) came and stole 2,000 bucks worth of stereo equiptment from his garage... Anyway, the older brother of this guy (a key players for the Goliad team) lied in defense of his brother infront of my friend's face, so I guess he felt he'd organize a little slap back in the face...

Though I do not condone it, just thought I'd give an explanation just incase any of you heard of this... This is the first time I've witnessed something like this in Cuero my whole life, so it's not an every day thing, just letting folks know...

Thanks...