PDA

View Full Version : Breckenridge 18, Ballinger 12 OT

vet93
09-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Tough loss for the bearcats. Breckenridge did a good job of hanging in their to the very end and force an overtime. Our running game is pretty bad. Posey still seems much more tentative after his injury. I guess I can't blame him. This team still has potential. Posey, when healthy is stout in the running game and the quarterback had another 150 to 200 yards (guess). The defense is decent but suspect on the corners. They just don't seem to reach any level of consistency. Maybe they are saving it for the playoffs!!! Talk to you guys later...a discouraged Vet93.

Ranger Mom
09-21-2002, 12:12 AM
Sorry Vet, What a bummer. I hate to hear that about Posey, but if he's healthy for district and/or playoffs, that's what's important!!

The One
09-21-2002, 12:14 AM
What is Ballinger's record so far, I thought they were supposed to be really good this year? Is the injury to Posey holding them back?

sinton66
09-21-2002, 12:17 AM
Tough break for the bearkats. But I'd bet they get it going by district!

vet93
09-23-2002, 09:09 AM
Ballinger is 2 and 2 this year so far with losses to Greenwood and Breck. They have beaten Merkel and Bangs. There is no shame in losing to a good Greenwood team, but the loss to Breckenridge was not good. I can't blame the loss on Posey's injury. He can go 100% but seems to have lost his confidence. The line is doing a decent job pass blocking but is porous in the run blocking arena. I would have to blame the loss on more of a genaral lack of intensity. I think that they may have thought that they would walk all over Breck like last year and didn't prepare mentally (Homecoming Jinx!). You also have to give Breckenridge credit for hanging in there and playing very tough. At this level of play Wylie will blow Ballinger out of the water and Brady and Clyde both could beat the bearcats. We will see what kind of character this team has over the next few weeks. Hopefully they will respond.

Originally posted by The One:
What is Ballinger's record so far, I thought they were supposed to be really good this year? Is the injury to Posey holding them back?

pero chato
09-23-2002, 12:49 PM
Ballinger got off to a bad start with Posey getting hurt on his first carry of the season. I think expectations are higher this year with Posey and the other returning starters. That translates into more pressure. Last year's team kinda came out of nowhere and suprised everyone. The two losses this year were to quality programs. Breckenridge, like Ballinger, is tradition rich and will not be down for long --as they were last season. And Greenwood certainly looks like the best team out here in West Texas. Anyway, I think that if Posey gets healed up and stays healthy, and if a few others can step it up, Ballinger will be fine for district. They have the talent in players and are well coached, but do need to get their consistency back.

huthut
09-23-2002, 08:38 PM
pero chato, the bearcats will be fine, coach owens will have them ready, they will beat everyone in district, except when they play wylie, but will they be healthy, time will tell