PDA

View Full Version : D1 & D2 State Champs from same district

bleedgreen
10-28-2002, 06:41 PM
Name me some districts this could happen in.

I for one say 8-3A....Everman and Kennedale.

PPHSfan
10-28-2002, 06:47 PM
9-3A has the Talent, but it will never happen.

eye of the tiger
10-28-2002, 06:57 PM
I think Jasper and Newton might be a possibility. I also agree with Everman and Kennedale. Dont think it is going to happen. I think this may be Sintons year and I dont think Mathis is playing all that well at the moment. If it does happen I lean toward Everman and Kennedale. Has it ever happend in 3A before? I dont thinks so but not 100% sure. I think it has happened in 4A and 5A.

sinton66
10-28-2002, 07:34 PM
With a loss to West Oso last Friday, Mathis is pretty much out of the playoffs, so it won't happen for 30-3a. Aransas Pass is good, but not THAT good.

Jimbotex40
10-28-2002, 07:35 PM
it would have happened last year if forney would have beat everman, cuz commerce won D2,lol.... then at the basketball games they were pointing to their fingers. but we just yelled that we beat them in district and that D2 has never been weaker for 3A than it was last year.

Bulldog1990
10-28-2002, 09:35 PM
What about 25 3A Burnet and Liberty Hill Could it happen?

eye of the tiger
10-28-2002, 09:55 PM
sinton66:
With a loss to West Oso last Friday, Mathis is pretty much out of the playoffs, so it won't happen for 30-3a. Aransas Pass is good, but not THAT good.Hey 66 are you going to help them build the Aggie bonfire? I heard it was going to be in Magnolia this year.

cts76325i
10-28-2002, 09:59 PM
YEA I CAN SEE EVERMAN AND KENNEDALE DOING IT IF IT IS DONE

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-28-2002, 10:24 PM
Everman and Kennedale would be my best guess if it could be done.

sinton66
10-28-2002, 10:33 PM
eye of the tiger:

sinton66:
With a loss to West Oso last Friday, Mathis is pretty much out of the playoffs, so it won't happen for 30-3a. Aransas Pass is good, but not THAT good.Hey 66 are you going to help them build the Aggie bonfire? I heard it was going to be in Magnolia this year.I hadn't heard that, but guess it's possible. I know Magnolia High School has scheduled their graduation ceremonies at Kyle field this year. Let me know if you hear anymore about it, and I'll see what I can find out.

Harry_MAN
10-28-2002, 10:44 PM
District 25-3A is the best bet. Liberty Hill(D2) and Burnet(D1).

Matthew328
10-28-2002, 11:08 PM
8-3A with Everman and Kennedale and 20-3A with Jasper and Newton are the best bets this year

big daddy russ
10-29-2002, 01:46 AM
eye of the tiger:
I think Jasper and Newton might be a possibility. I also agree with Everman and Kennedale. Dont think it is going to happen. I think this may be Sintons year and I dont think Mathis is playing all that well at the moment. If it does happen I lean toward Everman and Kennedale. Has it ever happend in 3A before? I dont thinks so but not 100% sure. I think it has happened in 4A and 5A.i know it's never happened in 3A, but in 4A Texas City won it all in D-I back in '97 while district rival LaMarque pulled it off in D-II. That's the only one I know for sure (they made a big deal about it down here in Corpus because that year was like the sixth straight year Calallen lost to LaMarque in the playoffs), but in '95 Converse Judson and San Antonio Roosevelt both won it all. I don't know how the districts were set up back then, but those two teams could have very easily played in the same district. if anyone from the SA area knows more about that, maybe you could elaborate.

Jacket2000
10-29-2002, 01:56 AM
Yes, Roosevelt and Judson were in the same district that year. Those are the only two instances when both champions came from the same district.
J2K

duckbutter
10-29-2002, 10:15 AM
This yrs state champs will be from region 3:
Jasper-D1
Newton/Marlin-D2

2001GiddingsLB
10-29-2002, 12:21 PM
Jimbotex40:
it would have happened last year if forney would have beat everman, cuz commerce won D2,lol.... then at the basketball games they were pointing to their fingers. but we just yelled that we beat them in district and that D2 has never been weaker for 3A than it was last year.Yeah right D2 made not have been solid throughout but thats cuz all the good teams were stacked up in Region 3. Giddings, Newton, China Spring, Cameron, Rice Consolidated, and that is not to mention La Grange, Yoakum, Wimberly. D2 was not weak, it just didn't have the list of undefeated D1 did but don't knock D2 just cuz you got knocked out and didn't get a ring.

duckbutter
10-29-2002, 02:10 PM
I agree, D1 had about 4 quality teams while D2 had about 8 or 10 and most of them were out of region 3. Sealy had the best team that we saw from week 1 through round 4 of the playoffs. We were just lucky the night we played them.

sprinklerman
10-29-2002, 06:07 PM
Do I read a little jealousy from you Jimbo? That Commerce has 2 State Championships and Forney 0!

Keith7
10-29-2002, 07:24 PM
Gainesville/Celina 9-3A...

Jimbotex40
10-29-2002, 09:51 PM
to 2001giddingsLB: thanks for your comment (ignorance makes me smile). you mean to tell me that D2 was strong last year, lol, we beat commerce by 8 and commerce won state in D2. in 1999 and 2000, D2 was stronger. it changes from year to year so dont get pissed because the year yall went D2 it was weaker than D1

to sprinklerman: yes, the accusation you made of my jealousy is true. i was pretty mad when we lost to LG in 2000 for D2, and mad that we lost to everman and that commerce won D2 that year. but all in all commerce knows that we were better, and everman knows that the team who made the least mistakes would win that game

yoemenkracker30
10-29-2002, 11:25 PM
I dont know about in 3a, if I had to pick I would say Newton and Jasper. But i think the best probablity of this outcome wouldnt be from 3a I think it will come out of 2a with McGregor taking D-1 and Rosebud-Lott taking D-2.

WpSr03
10-29-2002, 11:56 PM
Wills Point and Brownsboro got's one helluva shart at that there dubble title... Shant nubudy spit at that one, eh?

2001GiddingsLB
10-30-2002, 01:22 AM
Jimbotex40:
to 2001giddingsLB: thanks for your comment (ignorance makes me smile). you mean to tell me that D2 was strong last year, lol, we beat commerce by 8 and commerce won state in D2. in 1999 and 2000, D2 was stronger. it changes from year to year so dont get pissed because the year yall went D2 it was weaker than D1

to sprinklerman: yes, the accusation you made of my jealousy is true. i was pretty mad when we lost to LG in 2000 for D2, and mad that we lost to everman and that commerce won D2 that year. but all in all commerce knows that we were better, and everman knows that the team who made the least mistakes would win that gameInterestingly enough when you speak of D2 you speak solely of Commerce. Who played no team fdrom Region 3 I'm sure that had we not beat Newton they would of won state we beat them with a hail mary pass with a minute left. Anyway I'm sure that Forney last year was a very good team but none the less don't deny the fact that D2 was strong. D1 had belleville, everman, forney, and sinton as the strong teams all top 10. D2 had Giddings, Newton, Commerce, La Grange, Rice Consolidated, Barbers Hill, China Spring, Cameron most of these were also in the top 10. So do not tell me I am ignorant cuz you are the ignorant fool who cannot look past there own region. Anyway that season is done with and I think Newton and Jasper will pull it off this year as D-1 and D-2 champs.

oldbuff78
10-30-2002, 01:35 PM
I like the Jasper-Newton combo. The key will be if Barbay will throw the ball more. I would like to see this happen. Southeast Texas Football has always made the state look good!!

Jimbotex40
11-01-2002, 06:42 PM
yes giddingslb2001, it is interesting enough that when i speak of D2, that i do speak of commerce because they won it.

Hmmm, what a concept....to think the team that won D2 might actually be the best in D2. well, i guess thats a concept that is inconcievable for somebody from giddings.

as for commerce not playing anyone from region III, i guess that alone speaks for itself. if no one from region III played commerce, then that means that no one from region III deserved to play commerce. that is because in order to advance to the finals, you have to win in the semifinals, which no team from region III did successfully.