PDA

View Full Version : Coldspring 6 - Hardin Jefferson 0

trojandad
09-05-2003, 10:59 PM
Another fumble-itis filled game for the Trojans but at least it's a win. Line played great, don't have the stats but I'd say we prolly doubled their offense. they prolly only had about 150 total yards. Pass defense was outstanding. On the opposite side, 12 center snap fumbles as well as several lost in transition. Lots of work, but good to have a defensive win when all (except RBarker, lol) bet against us. Hj was honorable in defeat. A class team.

<small>[ September 05, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: trojandad ]</small>

hsfan
09-05-2003, 11:24 PM
congrats cs way to represent 22 3a!!have you heard any other 22 3a scores?

FBmania
09-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Trojandad, it sounds like you guys had a real frustrating night, but like you said it's still a win. It is a lot easier to correct mistakes after a hard fought win.

BH_146
09-05-2003, 11:29 PM
Congrats on the win. It's definitely is better than...... a tie. Oh, we don't do those anymore! I bet the problem with those miscues will eventually be solved.

zeke
09-05-2003, 11:39 PM
That's great. Any win is a morale and confidence builder. That's more than half the battle. Keep up the intensity and the mistakes will go away. Good luck!!

3ABirdMan
09-05-2003, 11:40 PM
How did H-J look? They have been touted as being very decent, with a lot of returners.

Just looking ahead.....

trojandad
09-06-2003, 12:02 AM
It's hard to tell what they did bad as opposed to what we might have done well, especially after Trinity's win tonight, but I was impressed with HJ's defensive line. I think they only completed 1 or 2 passes and we had some interceptions (I'm doing this without a stat sheet). They did a lot of isolations on the defensive ends and pitch sweeps with a quick smaller back. That was the only yards they made.

A word to the wise. They got the refs to admit that they would not call holds if the play was going in the opposite direction from the hold, so the linemen for HJ would hold our guys trailing the play and say "They aren't gonna call this", so our guys got a couple of personal fouls in getting out of these holds. One in particular, my son was being held down by a guy telling him "where are you going?" and in holding him, my son tripped and stepped on the HJ's linemans back trying to follow the play, and they got my boy for a personal foul. So expect the goading.

Other than that, I was much more impressed with their passing offense of last year than this year's rushing offense. They were hurting for air in the 4th. Hope that helps.

3ABirdMan
09-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Thanks, and Congrats on thw W.

Old Cardinal
09-06-2003, 12:18 AM
Congat's to Coldspring! I really thought that H-J had the best team entering that contest...Sounds like a defensive battle!

Pudlugger
09-06-2003, 12:22 AM
Congrats TrojanDad on the win. It is early in the season and I'm sure you guys will just get better each week.

RBARKER
09-06-2003, 01:43 AM
Congrates to Coldsprings I knew they would bounce back just like my Eagles. 22-3A representing