PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 49- Bandera 14

Chris Hart
10-18-2002, 10:23 PM
Burnet went to the air tonight and played a really good game offensively. The defense had a tough time tackling early on, but settled down and didn't allow a score in the last 2 and a half quarters. Great game tonight Bulldogs!

My game ball would go to QB Stephen McGee.

29x281
10-18-2002, 11:11 PM
McGee was 16 of 25 for 324 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs, and 1 TD running. Shipley had 8 catches for 224 yards and 4 TDs, and also scored on a fumble recovery.

bd0707
10-18-2002, 11:17 PM
Chris, I said I would be the first on this board to recognize the offensive line when they pulled it together. Tonight is the night. They did an outstanding job. You can see what happens when it all pulls together. An unparalleled offensive attack. What an awesome display! Offensive line seemed very fired up. Gaps were made, McGee was allowed to stay in the pocket, and they kept up the intensity when the defensive backs slipped through. Good Job Burnet! For those of you who could not be there pick up a copy of the Austin American Statesman Saturday morning, Jordan Shipley had another stellar performance. One highlight in particular, Burnet has the ball on the two-yard line. McGee throws from the end zone, on first down 45-yard strike into heavy wind, to Shipley... 98-yard touchdown.

Meeks was not as impressive as I have heard people speak of him. However, Heeps for a little guy shore can pick up some yards.

I cannot wait to read the chest pounding by the Liberty Hill fans and players. November 18th

<small>[ October 18, 2002, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: bd0707 ]</small>

lildawg07
10-18-2002, 11:27 PM
Great win for Burnet. Shipley had an outstanding game along with a lot of others. Good job guys!

lildawg07
10-18-2002, 11:28 PM
Great win for Burnet. Shipley had an outstanding game along with a lot of others. Good job guys!

sinton66
10-18-2002, 11:35 PM
Congrats Burnet, super game! :)

Chris Hart
10-18-2002, 11:38 PM
bd0707,

I agree wholeheartedly, the offensive line played their best game of the season, and McGee's play was a sure sign of that. We all knew that with the time to throw, McGee can really pick apart a secondary, and he did just that. That 98 yarder was awesome, I believe it is the longest pass play in Bulldog history. Way to go Bulldogs!

LH_PANTHER
10-18-2002, 11:48 PM
Good job Burnet!!! Sounds like you guys really work Bandera. Now it's our turn to see what we can do.

Old Dog
10-19-2002, 12:31 AM
Fine game by all the Bulldogs! Love to know how Coach Shipley handled halftime. The Dogs sure came out with business on their minds. Banderas running back is sure a war horse. Now, on to Wimberley.

SintonFan
10-19-2002, 12:46 AM
Chris Hart:
Burnet went to the air tonight and played a really good game offensively. The defense had a tough time tackling early on, but settled down and didn't allow a score in the last 2 and a half quarters. Great game tonight Bulldogs!

My game ball would go to QB Stephen McGee.Wow! Yall guys are for real, no doubt. I was at the game tonight and yall really got it going with 2:00 minutes left in the half. I (think) with 1:41 till the half, McGee marched his team down the field in a very impressive fashion. He is very accurate. The only incompletions were on dropped balls, even the one where the receiver was on the ground from trying to reverse his direction. You guys got studs in QB, RB and that receiver is good as gold. Very precise routs, great speed and good hands. That touchdown in the corner of the endzone was awesome! Burnet is a very formidable foe, indeed.
Chris Hart, I wish I could have met you, but I didn't think about it before the game. Who knows, if everything works out,meeting in december sounds fine, hehe. I have no doubt yall will be there in december.

Chris Hart
10-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Thanks for the kind words SintonFan. I would have enjoyed meeting you also. Like you said though, if all goes well, maybe I can meet you and 66 in December. I hope we both make it that far. Sinton vs. Burnet would definately be an interesting matchup. It looks like yall have clear sailing until the playoffs, us on the other hand still have to play a 7-0 Liberty Hill team in the last game of the regular season. The Bulldogs are really making us all proud, we are hoping for success in the playoffs this year, 2 straight first round losses to Bellville has put the monkey on our back. We want him off there.