PDA

View Full Version : Cuero

o'cowboy
09-17-2002, 11:01 PM
What is happening in Cuero? They have a strong team year in year out, and dominated in the 80's and early 90's. Cuero is a great football town and I know they must be sick there. Will Cuero start district 0-5? Congrats to Cuero and Yoakum for starting their youth football programs.

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 11:06 PM
I dont know but they have been playing good teams so far. And Sinton this week and then Edna who is playing well. I say 1-4 going into district.

Old Green
09-18-2002, 04:58 AM
It,s possible we will go 0-5. I think we are in one of our ten year cycles where we will be down for a couple of years.

Old Green
09-18-2002, 05:30 AM
Hey EOTT you"ve got 1000 Posts!!!!!!!

sinton66
09-18-2002, 06:32 AM
Some years just take longer to put it all together than others. Cuero will still compete. They always do. They're probably laying low and waiting for somebody to explode on..... like us! just kidding. You guys will be fine.

Old Green
09-18-2002, 07:15 AM
Yea Sinton66,will still compete,dominating will take a year a two. I can remember back to the 70,s we would be domineering for 8 or or nine years,then would still have pretty good teams.

Gobblers lost for a couple of years back in 91 and 92 going 3-7 then in 93 losing to Columbus and Sweeny the first two Games. Put together from then on Making it all the way to the Championship Game in 93 against Southlake.

If the line comes around by district then they will be fine.

"GO MEAN GREEN"

sinton66
09-18-2002, 07:29 AM
You gotta give 'em credit, they aren't scared of taking on good teams in predistrict. There are two teams in Texas us diehards would never dream of counting out til its over, LaGrange and Cuero!

Old Green
09-18-2002, 07:40 AM
Don,t forget Sinton on that list. Pirates always play Quality teams.

You now Sinton66 I been trying to find some info about Games between Sinton -Cuero and it appears Sinton is one of a few teams to actually have Winning record against the Gobblers. Right now the count is 9-4 Sinton's favor.

Cuero against GP 5-0 Cuero's Favor.
Cuero against CalAllen is 3-3

maroonpunt
09-18-2002, 11:07 AM
What is the deal with the oline in Cuero. Isnt it an old Cuero boy coaching the line. Last year the line was a problem also, and the year before that, yall got some big ol boys and early D1 commitments. How can that be a problem?

Tiger Turtle
09-18-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Old Green:
Don,t forget Sinton on that list. Pirates always play Quality teams.

You now Sinton66 I been trying to find some info about Games between Sinton -Cuero and it appears Sinton is one of a few teams to actually have Winning record against the Gobblers. Right now the count is 9-4 Sinton's favor.

Cuero against GP 5-0 Cuero's Favor.
Cuero against CalAllen is 3-3

Check out the Sealy/Cuero record. Cuero has a good program year in and year out, but they haven't done very well against Sealy, dating back to the Robert Strait days when they played during a hurricane or something.

sinton66
09-18-2002, 04:57 PM
Old Green, I hate to sound like a dummy, but where do you find records that go that far back? I've seen some that go 5 years, but never 13.

Old Green
09-18-2002, 05:27 PM
Local archives here at the paper and some of the local historians. Some of those wins go back to 1982 When Sinton and Cuero were in the same district.

Tiger turtle Sealy holds an 8-1 edge which started in 1988.

Maroonpunt: the high caliper players we usually have are just not there. Cody Wallace is holding his on. Just need to find some players to step up and help him out.

[This message has been edited by Old Green (edited September 18, 2002).]

Tiger Turtle
09-18-2002, 08:19 PM
I'm really surprised the margin is that big. You guys must have great record keepers - I doubt that we could go back that far without a lot of work.