PDA

View Full Version : Seniors - Thanks for the memories

Ranger Mom
11-16-2003, 10:54 AM
I copied this off of another website that a poster in the Panhandle had written at the end of the regular season - it sent chills down my spine!!

From El Paso to Marshall, Amarillo to Houston, this Friday marks the end of not only high school careers, but for most, the end of athletic careers. Most of you will hang the cleats in the closet to collect dust for a few years before they finally finding the goodwill bag. So, so few of you will ever again hear the cheers from the turf.

You have no idea what you have given to those who buy a ticket somewhere in Texas each Friday night. Whether you are the star QB or the 3rd string Guard, you have set an example for those to follow. You have sacrificed your time, body, and spirit for your school, teammates, and hopefully, for the love of the game. You may believe you have gotten so much from the game, but you do not realize that you have given so much more.
For the trophies, ribbons, and awards you leave behind will all tarnish and fade as the years pass, but the memories last forever.

I hope you will look at this Friday as a passage. While you will close the door of your athletic career, you simultaneously open the door to your future. Best of luck to each and everyone of you, and thanks ….. for the memories.

<small>[ November 16, 2003, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: Ranger Mom ]</small>

sinton66
11-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Whoever wrote this has a real way with the written word. It echoes most of my sentiments exactly. It doesn't matter where you're from, on Friday night, these kids risk it all for our entertainment. I, for one am eternally grateful for their efforts. As they walk through the newly opened door, may God bless them and guide their footsteps.

BrahmaMom
11-16-2003, 11:18 AM
Beautiful, thanks for sharing. And thanks to all those boys everywhere who loved the game and gave us years of Friday Night Football. Thanks for the memories, may you enjoy them in the future, and best of luck as you move forward. Football teaches lots of great life lessons that will serve you will in years to come. God Bless you all!

LH Panther Mom
11-16-2003, 11:34 AM
Thanks, Ranger Mom, for sharing. I wish I had this last year when my son was a Sr.

HornetMom
11-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Thanks Ranger Mom, this is a great piece and I hope all Seniors get a chance to read it. So I'll do my part to keep it at the top.

lobo12
11-16-2003, 01:39 PM
thank you ranger mom

LHMom
11-16-2003, 02:01 PM
I have a senior this year, and fortunately we are still going in the playoffs, but I know that last game will be very difficult for all of us. This has been the "best of times" for our family. I don't think when these boys are seniors that they realize what joy they are bringing in to so many lives...

Thanks for the post.

cHs_gUaRd_06
11-16-2003, 04:44 PM
ttt

lobo12
11-16-2003, 11:16 PM
one of the hardest things i have ever had to do is taking off my pads and the school colors for the last time