PDA

View Full Version : Hardin Vs. Hamshire

pgamgt1982
10-25-2003, 10:13 PM
Hamshire Fannett travels to Hornet Stadium this week in what should decide the fourth placed team in district 21-3a. Hardin was handed a tough loss to Anahuac from what I understand, the officiating is horrible over there. Even if the game was officiated perfectly Hardin would not have been close really due to Anahuac's speed and just mere talent. Good luck to all teams in 21-3a.

Playoffs look like this:
Orangefield
Bridge City
Anahuac

exbccards76'smom
10-26-2003, 05:35 AM
Hardin's team has alot of heart. They played their hearts out until the last buzzer blew. Hardin's stadium is small, so get there early if you want a seat. But, they have a lady annoucing the games that is great. She pronounced all the cajun names right, when the men announcers have had trouble with them all season. Hardin should do well if they moved back down to 2A next year.

pgamgt1982
10-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Yeah, Mrs. Smith is the English teacher @ Hardin. Plus, she is from Port Arthur so the whole cajun thing, she is use to. A very smart person at that. Hardin does have a good chance at being fourth in this district, with one win in the next two games, and fourth is not too bad considering the injuries and losses they have faced this year. I know the staff is probably looking forward to going back into the 2a level of competition next year. I'd sure like to see Hardin compete.

pgamgt1982
10-27-2003, 02:43 AM
What other schools will likely drop down in class after re-alignment ?

exbccards76'smom
10-27-2003, 06:28 AM
more than likely, Kountze will drop back this time, and Newton also.

Cat22
10-27-2003, 11:38 AM
Good Luck to Hardin this week. My Cats need you to beat H-F. Put a whoopin on them. Good Luck

shellman54
10-27-2003, 12:28 PM
what does the playoff picture look like for your district? are there any locks? what are the pivotal games left on the schedule?

Cat22
10-27-2003, 01:29 PM
There are not any locks in 21-3A yet. Orangefield, Bridge City, and Anahuac are 4-1. Hamshire-Fannett is close behind at 3-2. The playoff picture for this district will not be set until after the last week. Bridge City and Anahuac play each other the last game of the season. As for Orangefield if they win out there in, but they have a very tough game this week against Hardin-Jefferson. These next few weeks should be fun.

St. Ivender
10-27-2003, 01:50 PM
What has to happen for H-F to get into the playoffs?

Cat22
10-27-2003, 02:10 PM
This is what I think has to happen for H-F to get into the playoffs, I may be wrong. If H-F wins out and Orangefield loses one of it's last two games, they will be tied a 5-2 in district, but H-F beat Orangefild head to head, so H-F would make the playoffs, but if Bridge City beats Anahuac in the last game of the year, then Orangefield, H-F, and Anahuac could end up tied at 5-2. I guess it would then come down to points because OF beat Anahuac, but lost to H-F and Anahuac beat H-F. If it does come down to points, then I'm not sure which two would get in.

pgamgt1982
10-27-2003, 10:14 PM
Honestly, I think Hardin is definitely capable of beating Hamshire this week, if certain things go as planned. One being that the starting RB comes back this week after the tourn mcl injury. If he plays this week, Hardin is definitely going to give Hamshire a run for there money. I know Hardin upset them last year over there, so look for an upset this week, and you can only imagine what this will do to the playoff race!

pgamgt1982
10-28-2003, 12:00 AM
Orangefield @ Hardin-Jefferson

Hmm, Predictions:

Orangefield by a TD

pgamgt1982
10-28-2003, 01:31 AM
Although, If indeed Orangefield wins, that means Hardin in no way could possibly make it into the playoffs this year. So, with that being said, I'd like for H-J to win, but I just do not see this happening. Good luck O-field, in what should be a pretty close game.

Orangefield - 27
Hardin Jeff - 20

<small>[ October 28, 2003, 12:31 AM: Message edited by: pgamgt1982 ]</small>

the-O-fence
10-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Im gonna say that HF will beat Hardin by at least two scores. The HF players know that they still have a chance to jump into the playoffs and they will come out firing in this game. The Orangefield and HJ should be a good one too. Im just gonna make the upset pick this week and go with HJ by 7, I like to root for the underdogs.

hsffan
10-28-2003, 08:21 PM
HF over Hardin by 2tds OF look out for HJ's qb/rb he quick. Don't let him get outside

St. Ivender
10-29-2003, 10:31 AM
Cat22:
This is what I think has to happen for H-F to get into the playoffs, I may be wrong. If H-F wins out and Orangefield loses one of it's last two games, they will be tied a 5-2 in district, but H-F beat Orangefild head to head, so H-F would make the playoffs, but if Bridge City beats Anahuac in the last game of the year, then Orangefield, H-F, and Anahuac could end up tied at 5-2. I guess it would then come down to points because OF beat Anahuac, but lost to H-F and Anahuac beat H-F. If it does come down to points, then I'm not sure which two would get in.Wow, Now I have a head-ache

St. Ivender
10-29-2003, 10:32 AM
Thanks for clearing this situation up.

Cat22
10-29-2003, 10:44 AM
I agree, we should know a little more after this Friday, but it will still probably come down to the last week.

pgamgt1982
10-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Two things that would definitely clear it all up.

Hardin winning over Hamshire, Orangefield winning over Hardin-Jefferson. That would pretty much set the playoffs up without hesitation. Only, I am in doubt for these two games to end up like that.

Hardin could possibly pull out an upset. Not likely, but possible. H-J can definitely beat Orangefield, not likely, but possible. I am sure things will be much easier to understand and for see, after this Friday night.

Go Liberty!!!!! 2003 District Champs

Wildcat81
10-31-2003, 12:48 AM
I have to pull for the Hornets to win.

http://www.jamnart.com/art-intro/mascots/thumbnails/Wildcats.jpg

the-O-fence
11-01-2003, 12:35 AM
Well according to Houston Chronicle the Hornets got stomped 54-6. Hamshire Fannett held them to 29 attempt & 39 yds, and 1 comp on 8 attempts for 7yds. Hardin punted 7 times in the game. Congrats to Hamshire on the win, they should be rootin for Anahuac to win this week so they'll have a chance to make the playoffs. (Please correct me if this is wrong i got it from the Chronicle's website)

pgamgt1982
11-01-2003, 12:59 AM
Yeah, that is the correct score. Hamshire is a pretty solid football team.