PDA

View Full Version : BH vs Huffman

shellman54
09-22-2003, 05:01 PM
What are the takes on this game? From what I've heard, Huffman has a better team this year than expected, how will that figure into the district race?

bhillfan
09-22-2003, 06:58 PM
well huffman is suppose to have a good running back, but i think the eagles are well prepared and will come out on top

RBARKER
09-23-2003, 07:22 AM
Hufman has a good running back he was on the team last year but did not play against the Eagles. Last year the score was 34-0. I think the Eagles will probally start out a little slow due to the Bye week, soo it could be close at half time. After the half the Eagles should have there stud running back to tired to compete and the eagles will open up the score. I say 35-7 Eagles.

hardinplaya
09-23-2003, 11:06 AM
28-14 ---- Eagles

shellman54
09-23-2003, 11:22 AM
who is everyone else in the district playing friday? is there a chance for any possible upsets?

EAGLETOWN
09-23-2003, 12:36 PM
The Hill has really started to come around as of late.

The bye week will help.

We have had an extra week to concentrate on Huffman.

Plus the guys are rested and not banged up.

After that lick Nelson took at the end of the Dickenson game he probably needed a extra week to get the birdies out.

:p Na just playing with ya Ray. :p

eek! It was a hell of a lick though. eek!

The Offense is getting better every week and I look for them to show more improvments this week.

Huffman may score a few, but the District Champs will come out on top.

wink BARBERS HILL 35 wink
:( HUFFMAN 14 frown

EAGLETOWN
09-23-2003, 04:33 PM
Since no one posted after me.

:D I'll post again to move this thread back to the top. :D

hsfan
09-23-2003, 08:45 PM
the qb and the rest of the running game did a great job last week.the o and d were very well prepared last game and i am sure they will be this week also.as long as they execute the eagles will be ok.

eagle08
09-23-2003, 09:37 PM
Yes, Huffman does have ONE good runningback and in my opinion having only one weapon against the Hill's defense could hurt the Falcons. I think Huffman has run around 100 or so offensive plays and this good runningback has gotten the ball 80 something times. The Hill's D is good and knowing who will most likely be getting the ball will only make them look that much better against the Falcons. As long as the Hill has a good night on offense and doesn't turn the ball over they should handle their business convincingly.

EAGLETOWN
09-24-2003, 07:21 AM
Remember back when Reggie White played for Liberty.

They were to only have one good running back also and Tony Bua killed us.

Lets not forget there are 11 players on the field.

Their stud back has not got all of them yards for no reason.

But the way our D plays we will be OK.

:D Coach B will keep them clicking. :D

They better not put it in the air.

I know that for a fact.

:p Just ask B. Penn. :p

wink How many (int) does he have now. wink

RBARKER
09-24-2003, 07:45 AM
Youre right Eagletown about going into the air. So far this year BH has 10 team interceptions in three games and Brian Penn owns 6 of them. BH is averaging 3.3 Int's a game that has to be one of, if not the best in the State.

hardinplaya
09-24-2003, 09:58 AM
Eagletown: Come on now, how can you even compare Tony Bua, and Reggie White to any of the RB's in this state at the 3A level? Trust me, there are none with that talent or even close. You are talking about two guys who both are apart of the NFL organization, Reggie being a Special teams member of the Jaguars, and Bua is also finishing his senior year @ Arkansas, and is an NFL prospect on many levels. Huffman might have a pretty good RB but I am sure there is no other person on their squad that will do any damage vs. the Hill at all. You guys have nothing to worry about! Win out !!!!

EAGLETOWN
09-24-2003, 03:32 PM
I was just making a comparison with them two.

Just so happens I picked two damn good athletes to use.

The back from Huffman is no scrub.

He is a good back in his own right and who is to say he will not be very good at the next level.

We will not know till then.

I'm just sayin we can't over look one person and key on one particular thing because its the little things that can hurt you.

Their other players do not have to make all the plays.

Just the little ones.

A first down here.

A good catch there.

Before you know it.

GAME OVER YOU LOSE.

I do not think the BH staff will let that happen though.

If we would have had the DC then we have now.

It would not have happened then.

shellman54
09-24-2003, 04:14 PM
i'm sorry, but i'm going to have to disagree with you, eagletown, on your last statement. even with coach b as dc, bh had no shot of containg both reggie and tony. as i recall in that game, not only did reggie rush for 200+ yards, but also returned a kickoff for a touchdown.

bhillfan
09-24-2003, 05:21 PM
no the D isnt going to overlook any of the other Huffman players, we have worked on shutting down their back, but we have worked just as hard in the secondary on pass plays and the all around plays that we need to shut down the huffman O, we will just have to wait till fri and see how the team executes and plays good luck guys

hsfan
09-24-2003, 08:49 PM
the d will probaly have a similar game plan as the last game.it looked like they were prepared for almost anything.that rb from dickinson ran 4 300 plus the week b4 bh and around 60 against bh and then they went 2 the air and it did look like bh was prepared for that also.the o should only be getting better as well as the qb.does anyone know what the rb's stats were last year?

hsfan
09-24-2003, 08:57 PM
the young qb will be the best ever at bh.the best part about him is he seems 2 be a team player.

EAGLETOWN
09-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Thank you shellman 54 for making my point.

We started that game keying on Reggie.

Then Tony did all of the little things to help Reggie to that 200+ yard night.

The kick return did not help but had Tony not done the litle things for help open Reggie up it might have been a different game.

trojandad
09-25-2003, 08:24 AM
If Hardinplaya is predicting the Hill to win, that carries a bit of a curse with it.....lol....you guys just take care of business and finish without any injuries. Stay safe.

EAGLETOWN
09-25-2003, 05:21 PM
:D Hold on Eagle fans we are going back to the front of the board. :D

eagle08
09-25-2003, 10:40 PM
The Hill's freshman beat Huffman 35-0, and the JV won 24-6. Now let's have more of the same tomorrow night.

EAGLETOWN
09-26-2003, 07:08 AM
wink Its game day baby! wink

:p WOOO HOOOO! :p

RBARKER
09-26-2003, 10:48 AM
Good job by the JV and Freshman. That JV team is looking pretty awesome they handed 5A Baytown Sterling a loss las week. Goodluck to the varsity tonight If they can stop Curtis Crew the game is ours. I read where crew is averaging 200+ yards a game is that true?

hsfan
09-26-2003, 06:18 PM
if all goes as planned huffman will be lucky 2 have 175 in total yds.i remember reading about this rb from huffman a couple of years ago,but not much since then.bh by 20 or more w/ more than 350 total yds and maybe 2 ints.

eagle.eyes
09-27-2003, 06:53 AM
Hsfan....best ever at BH? Bold statement! Maybe best ever RB playing QB.

EAGLETOWN
09-27-2003, 07:17 AM
Eagle.eyes I agree with hsfan.

He will be the best QB to come through BH in a long time if not the best ever.

Right now he is making the big plays.

I have not seen a QB come through here with his poise and maturity ever at his age.

It really dosen't matter if he is a running back in QB shoes or a QB in a running backs shoes.

He still gets the job done.

Lets not forget this is a Soph. making these plays.

If I know him all of these posts about how good he is playing and how good he is going to be doesn't affect him at all.

He is a real team player.

The win against Huffman is a prime example.

He made some big mistakes in the first half but he kept his composure and made up for them in the second.

Keep it up Eagles that was a good game you played against Huffman.

Way to go 20 and 21.

That's the way you run the football.

Way to keep your heads up and turn it around. That is why you are the defending district champs.

hsfan
09-27-2003, 12:37 PM
hey let's give the coaches some credit they made some adjustments at half.