PDA

View Full Version : MORE rankings from the Alan Outlook

Ranger Mom
07-11-2003, 08:50 AM
Alan Outlook (http://www.kylgrafx.com/outlook/2003/fave20-3a.htm)

zeke
07-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Another really bad pollster!!! Anytime you have a head to head competition such as in 2002 Semifinals game with Bellville versus Bandera, in which Bandera dominated the game and score......and the guy still refuses to give Bandera the edge in his final ratings poll(his final 2002 poll lists Bellville at #4 while Bandera is at #10)...makes ya wonder if all the synapses are firing in this guys head. You don't need a poll after a head to head competition...the results speak for themselves.
Many of his 2003 preason picks for 3A look way off the mark as well.

vet93
07-11-2003, 10:00 AM
I understand where you are coming from but we have to take these polls with a grain of salt. Many of the polls are formula based. Therefore, when teams struggle it can sometimes put them so far down in the poll that they can't recover. When a Bandera struggles against a weak Llano team right before the playoffs begin after already being beaten by Burnet and Liberty Hill, it makes it difficult to dig themselves out of the statistical hole that they dug for themselves. That is one of the weaknesses of stats based polls. It doesn't account for injuries, hot streaks or teams that were playing below their potential at the beginning of the season. The strength of a stats poll is that it is unbiased and less susceptible to favortism.

zeke:
Another really bad pollster!!! Anytime you have a head to head competition such as in 2002 Semifinals game with Bellville versus Bandera, in which Bandera dominated the game and score......and the guy still refuses to give Bandera the edge in his final ratings poll(his final 2002 poll lists Bellville at #4 while Bandera is at #10)...makes ya wonder if all the synapses are firing in this guys head. You don't need a poll after a head to head competition...the results speak for themselves.
Many of his 2003 preason picks for 3A look way off the mark as well.

vet93
07-11-2003, 10:31 AM
I don's see where he could put Ballinger in the top 10. Maybe in the top 20...but #6 is too high. Hope that they can live up to others expectations.

MonkeyJoe
07-11-2003, 07:49 PM
every poll that i have looked at they always have my team (Gainesville) at the bottom of the list weather it be at 15 or 20...oh well,atleast were there, right?

audasmom7
07-12-2003, 03:23 PM
I think Ballinger will be tough along with Canyon, I sure do like thier uniforms and Ballinger brings the fans, I hope the one with the bull horn shows up this year, he was entertaining, Jeremy says he helps him get motivated.
Once is not enuff
Ranger Pride 2003

the tigers are back
07-13-2003, 07:16 AM
Hey Zeke.. i know where you coming from. When you have a good team like the "BULLDOGS" people have that tendency to try to keep you under their feet, but like i say these lil topics really don't mean anything. I know this much!!! that when it's all said and done by mid season we will truly know who's who and who's what. Hey Zeke... i went to that semi-finals game when you'll played bellville. Oh what a game!!! bandera was such a we'll balanced team. Good luck in the season, but i want you to know that bellville is in our dist; we also have to play them in bellville. Sealy@Bellvile what a game it will be.. the last game of the seaon. Whoever when this game should win dist. eek!

the tigers are back
07-13-2003, 07:37 AM
Woe now.. how could Alan put rice consolidated at 18 spot, hey i know you are wrong about those guys they will be in the top 10 this year. Oh yeah... i don't even see the mighty tigers there either, but that's okay. I know e will be in the top 5 before it's all over with i "HOPE"... and i know that nobody thinks so. We have a right to post.. an opinion or a fact. Oh yeah lagrange will not be ranked that high. Especially when we come throgh their camp: i sure hoping to win that game we lost last year 14 to 9, but we hade alot fumbles that game. We was at the enzone and turned the football over. :mad:

wildstangs
07-13-2003, 01:48 PM
I think this is prolly the only poll that has Sweetwater above Greenwood.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
07-13-2003, 05:10 PM
Hey Tigers are back, let us in on how Sealy will be in contention for the 1st spot in district, when they play Bellville, first you have to beat Navasota, and Columbus. By the time you get to Bellville you might be happy you are fighting for a playoff spot. What I thought was funny is your local newspapers head lines before the Bellville game, With a win over arch rivel Bellville the Tigers will win District out right. If Sealy would have won, Bellville and Sealy would have the same record, meaning co- champs, well Bellville won and Sealy did not make the play-offs, lossing a coin toss!

true_blue_tiger
07-14-2003, 02:01 PM
This is a bad poll! Spring Hill is way too high, and Daingerfield and Midland Greenwood are a lil low in my humble opinion! Look Daingerfield beat Spring Hill 49-21, and then got beat by MG 10-0, so by simple reasoning, Daingerfield and MG should be higher!

Jimbotex40
07-14-2003, 02:06 PM
everman and forney are better than the #3-6 teams on that poll.