PDA

View Full Version : hows everone doing?

spaniard
08-12-2003, 11:30 PM
hey hey,

how has everyones summer been so far? ive been on and off very inconsistently this summer bc of work. i work about 16 hour days, and my access to the computer is limited because of the other 35 people i work with. i work at a camp, and we have one computer for the summer staff to use, so you see the complication there. anywhoo, yall yell at me if you feel like it, and if you dont, well then, hehe, tough :mad: just kiddin

Ranger Mom
08-12-2003, 11:36 PM
Hey stranger. It's been a long time since I have seen you around! It stinks sharing a computer - don't it?? I have to share with my kids, but they have learned to leave me alone during Football season. I can get mean - REAL FAST!!
Glad to see ya here, hope you will be able to pop in more when the season is in full swing!

spaniard
08-12-2003, 11:38 PM
i hope to be able to pop in more as well, but i think i will have the same luck as i have this summer. i will be still working here at the camp and going to school full-time this fall at tarleton, and making the 30 minute commute back to home and work in glen rose. but um, yeah, its good to be back on here for a while again

sinton66
08-12-2003, 11:47 PM
Well, we have certainly missed you my friend. Guess we need to remind you that some of us are here year 'round. wink

spaniard
08-12-2003, 11:50 PM
sinton66:
Well, we have certainly missed you my friend. Guess we need to remind you that some of us are here year 'round. wink hehe, during the year id stop by and check in to see if much was going on, and post every so often, but for the most part this summer ive been busy lifeguarding and serving meals to up to 700 campers and stuff like that, but its all good. the camp offered me a position to work part time and live out here and go to school full time, so it all works out.

sinton66
08-12-2003, 11:52 PM
Sounds like a pretty good deal, how are the accomodations?

spaniard
08-12-2003, 11:56 PM
sinton66:
Sounds like a pretty good deal, how are the accomodations?ill be sharing a house with another one of the full-time staffers who is an aggie grad, its a good size house to have for two single guys, full kitchen, nice size living area, and i think like 3 bedrooms, one for each of us, and one for all the good stuff, pool table and other miscellaneous items. i wont have to worry about any utilities or rent either, the house is on the camp, so the camp pays for it all. its a great situation, especially since camp ministry is where i feel called in life, so its worked out well so far.

the web address for the camp i work at is www.riverbendretreat.org (http://www.riverbendretreat.org) if you wanna take a look.

<small>[ August 12, 2003, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: spaniard ]</small>

sinton66
08-13-2003, 12:00 AM
Yea, sounds like a very sweet deal. Take care buddy, I'll be watching for ya to appear. Time to hit the sack.

whtfbplaya
08-14-2003, 09:53 PM
I am in the same situation, I have been working 90 hour weeks. So im either at work or sleeping.

marlin fan
08-14-2003, 11:06 PM
Im a little on the down side because i start school in about 3 days i hope i pass every 6 weeks so i can go to all the football games!!!!

Old Dog
08-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Spaniard, my daughter is a Junior at TSU. There are a lot of Burnet grads there and I understand a boatload of 2003 Burnet grads are going there this year too.

Bandera YaYa
08-16-2003, 12:23 AM
TSU??

sinton66
08-16-2003, 12:25 AM
Tarleton State University.

<small>[ August 16, 2003, 12:26 AM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

Bandera YaYa
08-16-2003, 12:29 AM
Sorry, I was thinking you meant the new name for SWT.."Texas State University at San Marcos". My daughter prefers SWT. Was just wondering...

spaniard
08-16-2003, 12:45 AM
Old Dog:
Spaniard, my daughter is a Junior at TSU. There are a lot of Burnet grads there and I understand a boatload of 2003 Burnet grads are going there this year too.yeah, she would be about my age then, probly graduated with her. i graduated in 2001. i know burnet sends a lot of graduates up to tarleton, its a good school, and its still got the small town atmosphere. this will be my first year at tarleton, and my third to be in college somewhere, so im looking foreward to it.

20dawgz05
08-17-2003, 12:08 AM
Old Dog:
Spaniard, my daughter is a Junior at TSU. There are a lot of Burnet grads there and I understand a boatload of 2003 Burnet grads are going there this year too.yeah my sis just graduated from there in may and she is now a 1st grade teacher its a good school she wants me to go im definatly considering it!!!