PDA

View Full Version : Kellen Winslow Jr. Comments and what Dad had to say.

mwisnews
11-09-2003, 10:00 AM
I bet everyone saw what Kellen Winslow Jr. had to say after a loss to Tennessee. Man, that it just another college kid saying stupid stuff. What had to be bad was his Dad, Kellen Winslow Sr. Hall of Fame tight end of the Chargers. Not only was it embarassing for him to watch his son be an ass in front of America, he had respond what his son had to say on TV. I bet that night Dad called up son and ripped him a new one. I bet the first thing that came out his mouth is "What the ****".

JasperDog94
11-09-2003, 12:00 PM
After what I heard from his dad, I believe his dad is a class act. He said that Kellan would have to apologize to the fans and the university. And that his son would have to learn to keep his cool. Maybe there's hope for this kid after all. He's got a dad that can help steer him in the right direction. Cause you're not gonna get any help from the Miami coaching staff. That was embarassing watching that team during the Virginia Tech game. frown

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 12:06 PM
Okay, I'll admit to being out of the loop on College football 'cause its playoff time and I'm totally absorbed in that...but what did this kid say? Thanks :D

Mustang '89
11-09-2003, 12:08 PM
Here's the espn link http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1657215

Pudlugger
11-09-2003, 01:41 PM
Another athlete brat running his mouth off. Jackass :rolleyes:

Defense_Wins_Games
11-09-2003, 02:12 PM
I really gained a lot respect for Kellen Winslow Jr., during the Fiesta Bowl last year...I thought that he played a great game (especially since he was being covered by an All-American Strong Safety, Mike Doss, all night) and that he helped fire his team up...What I liked most about him, is that while he did get excited and celebrated after some of his catches, he did it towards his sideline or with his teammates...I was really looking forward to watching him play this year...The first Miami game that I saw this year was a Thursday night game against West Virgina...I have to say that after that game, I lost all respect for him...He had something to say to someone after every play...He was always taunting the Mountaineer players, even when he didn't do a thing on the play...To me, in order to be a considered a great player, you also have to demonstrate good sportsmanship...For him to constantly taunt and try to instigate fights with a team that had only won 1 game coming in, and who was beating his team, I thought showed that he has no character...He showed me yesterday that he is not someone that I would want on my team...It's obvious that he's a great athlete, but he lacks the character,in my opinion, to be a good teammate...Just my opinion, though...

<small>[ November 09, 2003, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Defense_Wins_Games ]</small>

CTownHardHitter07
11-09-2003, 05:30 PM
Oh Well, if he wants to ruin his reputation and lose all respect from the fans...let him keep going...all i have to say is DUDE JUST DONT TALK TO THE FREAKIN PRESS 10 minutes after u get off the field..they should let him cool down at least....how bout them horns??? 55-16 Hook Em..and how bout them Aggies....77-0??haha..o well OU will kill everyone......cya