PDA

View Full Version : Something that doesnt make sense

District303aPastPlayer
11-24-2003, 12:37 PM
This may get some negative feedback, but i dont understand this:

Every week, there are wins, and there are losses. This week, it seems like more is being made of the Wharton loss than any other team losing in the state. I understand the respect factor, but there are more posts this week about "Thank you Wharton" and "To Wharton" than there have been any wharton posts in the previous ten weeks of football. There were also 8 other teams that suffered losses in Division One, but no one seems to be giving them the respect that the Wharton Tigers are getting. mind you , i respect wharton, and this is in no way a way of demeaning a great season by them, but just tryin to remember that there were other teams with losses this week. They also deserve our respect and attention as we have given Wharton

GreatBigBurnetFan
11-24-2003, 03:12 PM
We played, Burnet that is, Wharton. Last year we played them and sadly they gave up! Wow, what a difference a year made! We felt the need to give them the consideration they EARNED. If we had played the other teams we would have complemented
them, if they displayed the heart Wharton did. I guess you'll need to look to the other winning teams for their thoughts on the losing teams.
Regards,
GreatBigBurnetFan