PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport vs. Celina Scrimmage

slpybear the bullfan
08-22-2002, 11:38 PM
Well, it was a good scrimmage. If you were scoring it, Celina came out on top. Nice running game they put together, especially impressed with the blocking. Good and aggressive, just a few too many holding calls, but that can be worked out. It was a little frustrating to see some of the defensive breakdowns by Bridgeport, but then I tell myself that this is only the third week of pads...

Bridgeport's offense looks great. They could move the ball easily when they executed. That will continue to improve as this group plays together. Nice running by Jeremy Taylor to complement the passing attack. Phillip D. looks sharp. There were several nice passes from Daugherty, also too many easy drops. High School kids will keep working and as they play more through the season and they will hold on to those balls. All in all it looks like the offense will be plenty stout once again.

Bridgeport's defense will be the key focus. Last year, it struggled to keep the offense in the game at times. Tonight, during the controlled part of the scrimmage it was doing pretty good. Both teams had some let downs on defense. But during the 10 minute quarter, the bulls D looked pretty rocky. It should provide plenty of film for the coaches to watch and practice some more. Again, I have to remember that it is just week 3. Last year, it took five predistrict games for the D to gel together. Good luck to the D and I hope we get it done quicker this year.

All in all, not a bad day of work for either team. My hats off to the Celina team, they definitely had their hearts in the game. Same goes out to my Bulls. Practice Hard and play to win. Hope to see this game down the road in postseason.

One note, three Celina fans were in a car accident on the way to the scrimmage. Keep them in your prayers.

Slpybear, Bulls '89 #70

PS - I am ready for a real game. Scrimmages don't let you see how teams really handle clocks, fatigue, four full quarters, penalties, too many substitutions, etc. They are kind of like a kiss from your cousin... not bad, but don't get all worked up over it...

[This message has been edited by slpybear the bullfan (edited August 22, 2002).]