PDA

View Full Version : State Cross Country this Saturday at Round Rock's Old Settles Park

Old Cardinal
11-05-2002, 06:59 PM
Well from Region III, the three top teams advance to State- Cameron Yoe, Bridge City and Elgin. Also, any runners that place in the top 10......Who are the teams from the other Regions that will be competiting?

vet93
11-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Ballinger won regional from Region I. I think that Decatur was second but I forgot who was the third place team. This was for the girls...you may be talking about the boy's teams. Our boys didn't place. We don't have enough boys to field a cross country team and a football team at the same time...LOL! Good luck to the Cardinals or Cardinalettes!

jason
11-06-2002, 12:49 AM
GO FORNEY...Boys and Girls...How many 3A high schools can say that??? GO FORNEY

Old Cardinal
11-06-2002, 09:41 AM
To Vet : Our girls did not make the 3 three team cut at Bridge City, although they won the District. Question, did Forney win the Regional in both Boys and Girls? If so, that is exceptional, Congratulations!

hotstuff
11-06-2002, 09:51 AM
Jackrabbettes?

justanopinion
11-06-2002, 09:55 AM
What do you mean by that hotstuff?

Forney didn't win region with boys or girls. I believe that the girls finished 2nd and the boys finished 3rd.

GOOD LUCK AT STATE RABBITS!!!!!!

ReDhElMetWaNnAbEcHs7
11-06-2002, 10:37 AM
I believe this is a football site. Plus "cross country" isn't even a sport. So settle down before somebody gets hurt.

bd0707
11-06-2002, 10:48 AM
This is the real deal on "Hotstuff", I know because I know him personally. First of all Hotstuff is only the name he uses on this forum, he spends each and every day on many message boards using other pseudonyms such as "Princess", "I'm to Sexy", "Angel", "Daddy's Girl" etc., Yep you guessed it he likes yo take his user names from things he reads on 5th grade girls teeshirts. His favorite activty is seeking out and purchasing vintage Barbie Dolls on Ebay. Mr. Hotstuff chooses 4 Barbies each day to alternate sitting on his desktop while he sets out to impose upon the rest of us his unhappy meager little life. So just when you think you have had enough of his annoying "crap", start treating him like your third cousins overbearing little brat and ignore him. I offer this only as a small bit of advice, because life is way to short to be bothered with the likes of "Hotstuff".

BullsFan
11-06-2002, 08:57 PM
I may be for Bridgeport, but that doesn't mean I can't cheer for one of the best cross-country teams in the state--and that would be Decatur. After winning state last year, and then having most of the team graduate, they're right back again this year. Big stomach virus hit the team at Regional (to the point that a couple of runners were throwing up while they were running), but they still managed to qualify for state with third place.

So, in this case, with a clear conscience (and a really strange taste in my mouth wink ) I can say "Go Eagles!"--and mean it. *g*

underware
11-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey Jason, I think Yoakum can say that ALMOST every year. The Lady Bulldogs won the Region and boys got 4th this year. Kinda slow for us!!!

Fletch
11-08-2002, 12:34 AM
Celina Girls, region II champs, bear watching. Ruth Camacho will be up there. making the move up from 2A.

spaniard
11-08-2002, 01:22 AM
burnets guys team is going along with one of our girls. way to go mud dawgs!!

buffalo booster
11-08-2002, 09:25 AM
Giddings girls - 1st in district, 2nd at regionals, and their first time to go to the State meet. Five of the top seven runners are freshman, including the girl who won region III gold. Go Lady Buffs!

buffalo booster
11-08-2002, 09:27 AM
<small>[ November 08, 2002, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: buffalo booster ]</small>

konstance_latrice_04
11-08-2002, 12:43 PM
well good luck to Yoe High boys yall done up and done it and i hope yall win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

bleedgreen
11-08-2002, 06:52 PM
There should be good weather and fast times this year. It has gotten ugly in the past.

Fletch
11-11-2002, 12:05 AM
Celina Girls Win State, way to go. Ruth Camacho finishes 2nd and Beth Skaggs (freshman) 3rd.

AggieJohn
11-11-2002, 12:16 AM
Fletch:
Celina Girls Win State, way to go. Ruth Camacho finishes 2nd and Beth Skaggs (freshman) 3rd.Yes it has gotten ugly...went to RR as a senior in cross country...yes i was the manager..but never the less i went...and in observing i have never seen a better kick than from a guy by the name of Ty Stanfield...he looked like he could run for days

spaniard
11-11-2002, 01:42 AM
i heard this morning at church that the burnet guys got 3rd. way to go mud dawgs, congratulations. not sure about amalia, hopefully she did well too.

buffalo booster
11-11-2002, 10:48 AM
First, the good news: Joann Penn, a freshman from Giddings, took home the gold in the girls 3-A.

The bad news: the UIL ticket-takers. After parking at Dell Diamond and walking a mile down to the meet, the UIL set up ropes and tables and charged everybody (including preschoolers!) $5 a head to get in. No advance signs re the cost of admission. I saw some families get turned away because they didn't bring enough cash. One group in particular seemed to be bringing their whole extended family to watch either their son or daughter race, and they obviously didn't have enough money for everybody to get in. Pretty sad scene. Wish I would've had enough $ for them, but I had to scrounge to get my family past the gate. Fortunately, I ran into a friend at the gate.

If the UIL needs to make this a money-making event, the least they could do is set up a sign near the parking lot that announces that there will be an admission charge a mile down the road. I saw quite a few people jogging back to their cars to retrieve purses, etc. so they could get in. And, as mentioned, I saw a few folks simply turned away.

One of the ticket-takers was a real b----. Very rude and arrogant. I'm writing a letter to the UIL today regarding her attitude.

I can understand the need to charge admission to athletic events. I can't understand the lack of notice of the cost, charging $5 for toddlers, and employing rude people. She told one lady, who was trying to advocate on behalf of the poor family: "I don't have to let you in, even though you have a ticket."

Would like to say that I will boycott next year's State meet in protest. But, the Lady Buffs (who finished 10th) are loaded with talented freshmen who can only get better. Hopefully, they'll be going back next year. If they do, so will I.

konstance_latrice_04
11-14-2002, 05:30 PM
Well i guess you can say that Bridge City did that and then some.... but only beat Cameron Yoe by 7 points..................... :p :p