PDA

View Full Version : If you aren't from Burnet, you might not want to read this...

HotDawg89
12-17-2003, 09:45 AM
This is just a little tidbit of info I picked up last night at the middle school Christmas band concert.
People who aren't from Burnet might not like this, as you might just think this is more "Burnet is so classy..." stuff. But I have to share with my fellow Burnet posters, because my daughter was one of these kids, and I am so proud of her...

The 7th and 8th grade kids went to region band tryouts in Manor a few weeks ago- there were probably about 30 of them that went to try out (my daughter made it in percussion!!!). While they were waiting for results and waiting to leave- they sat in the cafeteria with all the other band kids from the region who were there. Each area was pretty much trashed with junk food, etc. But when it came time for the kids to go, WITHOUT BEING ASKED, our kids picked up their entire area, stacked the chairs and had things neat in a really quick way. No other school's kids did this, and the people in Manor sought out our band director and said how appreciative they were, and they were just very impressed with our kids. :D

Now why can't I get her to clean her room? :mad:

pepboy
12-17-2003, 10:42 AM
Maybe she won't clean her room because your a Psycho! I don't think that Burnst kids were the only ones to pick up trash at the try-outs. Sounds to me like the band directors have stated a grose overstatement of the truth. you guys just can't keep from blowing your own horn,, can you? oh well, some things never change!

JasperDog94
12-17-2003, 10:46 AM
Congrats on your daughter making the All Region band. I know how tough and stressful those auditions can be. :D

olddawggreen
12-17-2003, 10:55 AM
Pepboy, in her title she told you that if you weren't from Burnet you probably wouldnt want to read it. Lighten up, there are a lot of Burnet posters on this site and they sometime use this site to inform others from Burnet about things concerning our students. Why did you click on the subject if you were tired of reading about Burnet? In the furture just pass it up.

dawg03
12-17-2003, 11:03 AM
pepboy:
Maybe she won't clean her room because your a Psycho! I don't think that Burnst kids were the only ones to pick up trash at the try-outs. Sounds to me like the band directors have stated a grose overstatement of the truth. you guys just can't keep from blowing your own horn,, can you? oh well, some things never change!He said you may not want to read it if you aren't from Burnet! LAY OFF! .............................I also know how stressful those tryout are, congrats to your daughter!

Titans
12-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Congrats to your daughter...not only for making the band, but for cleaning up, stacking the chairs and all that business.

If you haven't heard, I had to jump start the Burnet bus...

How about a way to go!!!

j/k

Anyway, congrats to your daughter again!

Sinton94
12-17-2003, 02:03 PM
Woops I peeped!

Was the battery burnet up!

Just kidding! Merry Christmas!

Wildcat81
12-17-2003, 02:10 PM
HotDawg89 Congrats on your daughter making the All Region band.I had a brother and sister in the band and I know how stressful it was on them.

onfirebball05mustang
12-17-2003, 03:55 PM
being the friend of many manor band nerds, they really appreciate what you did, it's a stressful time for everyone. Congrats to your daughter!

pirateman98
12-17-2003, 04:39 PM
I would also like to congratulate your daughter on making the region band. I remember those auditions and there were nerve racking. I played the tuba and one of the guys from West Oso(who made it all the way to state), was practicing right in front of me. He was really good and played it effortlessly and it just shot my confidence. I still made it to Area but that is about as far as I went.

BurnetBandRules
12-17-2003, 05:25 PM
I definately know what it is like. I started band my freshmen year and have made state the past two. It is very stressfull. Oh, and everyone can ignore the comment by PepBoy. There is always ONE person to bring down a Burnet post and he happens to be the one. I am sure that they weren't the only people to clean it up BUT, I bet no other school had their ENTIRE group do it like they did!

JasperDog94
12-17-2003, 07:39 PM
BurnetBandRules:
I started band my freshmen year and have made state the past two.TMEA or ATSSB?

pepboy
12-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey burnetbandrul are you on the big school track or the small school track. If you made it two years in a row I bet you are on the small school side. The 4a and 5a track is much harder to repeat than the small school track. "not to take anything away form what you have done"

BullFrog Dad
12-18-2003, 10:00 AM
That's it pepboy! Santa's bringin' you a lump of coal.

JasperDog94
12-18-2003, 12:22 PM
My sister's fiance is a 4 year TMEA All State band member. eek! eek! Not to many of those around. :)