PDA

View Full Version : Rematch Time Baby

Newton Thug
11-18-2001, 12:39 PM
Newton vs. Sealy 5 years later after the 82-6 loss to the tigers the Eagles will get revenge
Newton 32-14

[This message has been edited by Newton Thug (edited November 18, 2001).]

papasmurf
11-18-2001, 02:18 PM
Yea ur right they did beat us pretty bad but think about it that was 5 years ago. Have u been to a newton game lately. We have the best defense in the state. Are offense every time we get the ball we score the first possesion. Weve blown out the last 4 teams weve played this year. Our defense has only aloud 162 yards total for every team weve played this year. So i think that Newton will add another skull and cross bones to there helmets this week too i guess.

"LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION"

eagleman18
11-18-2001, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't brag to much about the last 4 games papa smurf, their was only one fairly good ball club out of the whole bunch and that was b.c. and that's really not saying much. Now I'm just as proud of Newton as anybody and I'm going to be at the game this friday, you can bet your money on it! I love newton eagle football! And I totally agree with you I think they are going to take seally, bring on Rice! We wannanother state championship! (eagleman)

Sawyer21
11-18-2001, 02:51 PM
I really don't think that the 1995 meeting between these two teams will have much of an impact on the 2001 game. If it does, shouldn't you guys be worried???

3Aroy
11-18-2001, 03:39 PM
We aren't worried, and nothing will be based on that game. Newton has the better of the teams and will probably shut Sealy out. If the offense is clicking, it will get ugly fast.

Newton Thug
11-18-2001, 05:16 PM
hey poppa smurf that was a pretty good
marlin game the other night huh lol you dont even know who this is but the sealy game is ours for the taking

[This message has been edited by Newton Thug (edited November 18, 2001).]

Specklebelly
11-18-2001, 05:41 PM
Newton fans, let me first say that I think you have the best team in D2. You have it all coming together at the right time. You all talking about how you are going to kill Sealy and shut them out is making you look very ignorant though. All you are doing is providing some excellent bulletin board material for a very good team. Sealy steps up for every big game they play. Just look at their season, every time they are an underdog they find a way to win. Their game vs. Newton will be no different. I look for a close, low scoring affair very similar to Newton's game vs. Rice last year in round 2. I expect Newton to win but it will be no blowout. Remember to not get too big headed or you will just end up being the Wylie of Round #2.

[This message has been edited by Specklebelly (edited November 18, 2001).]

Sawyer21
11-18-2001, 09:09 PM
I beg to differ Specklebelly, Rice Cons. is the best team in DII, with Newton being the second best.

I do agree with you on the bulletin board stuff, the Sealy board is always full of information, and this no doubt will also make it there!!! Thanks for the bullets!!!

Good luck Raiders, Bulldogs, and Tigers!