PDA

View Full Version : BASE OFFENSE....

BUDDY
12-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Just curious, of the top teams now left in the playoffs, including D1 and D2, what does each team run. Example, wing-t, spread, no huddle spread, wishbone, I, or multiple.............Only post if you know what you are talking about.

GILMER - NO HUDDLE SPREAD

southern_thunder
12-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Jasper no huddle spread shotgun.

Eradicator
12-02-2003, 11:30 AM
BUDDY:
Just curious, of the top teams now left in the playoffs, including D1 and D2, what does each team run. Example, wing-t, spread, no huddle spread, wishbone, I, or multiple.............Only post if you know what you are talking about.

GILMER - NO HUDDLE SPREADI've seen Gilmer and although they do not huddle up, it's not a true "no huddle" A true no huddle snaps the ball with 12-15 second left on the 25 sec. clock. Glimer snaps the ball with 5-9 seconds left. This gives the defense time to rest and gives players and coaches time to adjust. I'm not knocking the offense, they are good, but I wouldn't call it a true no huddle.

JasperDog94
12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
Same with Jasper. It's not a true "no huddle". They get the plays from the sidelines.

BUDDY
12-02-2003, 01:04 PM
Marlin
Kennedale
Vernon
Gainsville
Burnet
Bellville
Rice
Atlanta

Does anyone know ???????

Eradicator
12-02-2003, 01:18 PM
Kennedale - Wing-T
Vernon - Wing-T
Gainsville- Spread (I think)
Burnet - Spread
Bellville
Rice
Atlanta - Spread

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2003, 01:19 PM
BUDDY:
Marlin
Kennedale
Vernon
Gainsville
Burnet
Bellville
Rice
Atlanta

Does anyone know ???????AHEM....you forgetting someone? (Port Isabel, hint hint)

BUDDY
12-02-2003, 01:26 PM
OK, what does Port Isabal run?

TarponFanInNorthTexas
12-02-2003, 01:32 PM
BUDDY:
OK, what does Port Isabal run?I-Formation, Power I.

jason
12-02-2003, 01:33 PM
TarponFanInNorthTexas:

BUDDY:
OK, what does Port Isabal run?I-Formation, Power I.i like that offense...thats all i run on NCAA 2004...I either hand it off straigt up the middle, or Speed Option to the wide side of the field...and always throw on second down....

Keith7
12-02-2003, 01:36 PM
Gainesville does run spread, w/ some no huddle.. and alot of audibles

Frank_Bama
12-02-2003, 02:12 PM
JasperDog94:
Same with Jasper. It's not a true "no huddle". They get the plays from the sidelines.True no huddle? What is this? If they dont huddle then it is no huddle offense it doesnt matter if they get the plays from the sideline or when they snap the ball. LOL

Bellville22
12-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Bellville shows alot of different formations, they are very versitile and balanced in their attack. If I had to label a "base" it would be...

Pro formation, with split backs, FB directly behind QB.

However they show alot of One-back w/ a slot receiver, as well as quite a bit of Shotgun, 4-wide.

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Vernon is a pure wing t offense. They also use a wishbone on occassion. They run the ball and run the ball and run the ball. They do throw it about 5 times a game if that. They threw it 3 times against Sweetwater last weekend.

We use the shotgun to shoot birds in these parts!

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Z motion 10 out on 2 ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-02-2003, 04:47 PM
Frank_Bama:

JasperDog94:
Same with Jasper. It's not a true "no huddle". They get the plays from the sidelines.True no huddle? What is this? If they dont huddle then it is no huddle offense it doesnt matter if they get the plays from the sideline or when they snap the ball. LOLSorry, I guess I should have been more specific. When I think of a true "no huddle" offense, I think of a team that lines up on the ball in about 10-12 seconds after the last play. It is a "no huddle", but not in the traditional sense.

But, since it technically is a "no huddle", I retract my previous statement. :D