PDA

View Full Version : Injuries to sideline Gunn, Madison (TCU)

Gilmer Buckeye
09-10-2003, 06:44 AM
This is very disappointing. TCU is my second favorite team after the 'Horns. What is amazing is that the injury occurred to Gunn (sophomore from La Grange) without him even being touched. Without Gunn (and Madison, to a lesser extent), the Frogs are in the proverbial slowly-simmering pot being brought to a boil. Lonta Hobbs is about all they have left on offense.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/startelegram/6735659.htm

Pudlugger
09-10-2003, 07:27 AM
I bet you he will be back for the Army game. Gunn is a tough kid and he lives to play the game.

BrahmaMom
09-10-2003, 11:32 AM
So glad it's Tye's shoulder and not his knee, scared me when I read he was hurt. Depends on the degree of shoulder separation, how long he'll be out. Then, at some point, they generally have them surgically repaired, my son did, anyway. I hope both guys are healthy soon.

Gilmer Buckeye
09-10-2003, 01:14 PM
I feel better after having reread the article. When I saw Madison was having knee surgery, I didn't read any further the first time. But it must be fairly minor as it will be scoped and he'll only be out two to four weeks and may return before Gunn does.

Anyway, all the best to TCU. My grandparents lived right near the campus and so I've always had an affinity for the place since early childhood. I actually used to see real-live horned toads in my grandmother's yard on Westcliff Road.

bud4u
09-10-2003, 02:29 PM
after watching ty beat marlin a few yrs ago in playoffs and then seeing him hurt his knee on tv i was disappointed i really like watching him play the game .... hope he is back on the field soon from this shoulder injury