PDA

View Full Version : Giddings Pull Out A Squeaker 11-8

lovedaddy06
09-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Boy, what a game! Cameron had the oppurtunities, but turn it over too many times and a punt was blocked. Giddings did not have a good offensive showing, but the defense held steady by doing all the scoring with a touchdown and a safety.

HornetMom
09-26-2003, 11:22 PM
Wow, I thought Giddings would win by more than that.. We play Giddings next week for our homecoming. Should be a good game.

GoForIt
09-26-2003, 11:33 PM
Don't let the score fool you. It was Cameron's best game to date and Giddings is very strong.

theyoefnshow
09-26-2003, 11:34 PM
maybe it opens a few eyes. Giddings had their fair share of turnovers but so did Cameron so that cancels each other out. Not much of an offensive game by either team, the game was dominated by defense. With Lorena winning big, Marlin looking questionable (possibly) and Cameron getting a taste of a near victory......the district could get interesting. Good game Yoemen. Time for a well deserved rest. This 0-5 stuff is nothing. It's now that counts. Keep your heads up and get ready because the best is yet to come!!!

keep_it_real
09-27-2003, 12:53 PM
WOW I thought Gidings was going big on this one, how many turnovers did each team have? Rockdale lost to Giddings because they have 4 turnovers, Giddings had 1. Im just trying to compare stats and things.........

Mustang '89
09-27-2003, 01:05 PM
I was not at the game, but the Austin American Statesman shows 2 fumbles for each team and 1 interception apiece.

theyoefnshow
09-27-2003, 01:37 PM
I think the fumble on the 18 yard line on the opening kickoff is what did the game in for Cameron. They held them to a FG but at the same time, Giddings won by 3 points.

luiscfrmNorthwoodUniv
09-29-2003, 01:38 PM
I new it was going to be a though game, like always. Well hope giddings can keep up the winning.

I say Giddins vs Caldwell...umm...
By 1 or 2 TD, Giddings.